• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your thoughts on Agnostics

That would be your thoughts which seem to see only in one direction.

You appear to be getting desperate with all of y our attempted denials but no counter arguments.

Religiously pathetic.

By all means introduce some facts into your posts...and I'll argue with you.

Today, I am a atheist. Years ago, I was a agnostic to a Christian god. When it was dealing with other gods I was never raised to support or not supported within the United States -- I was a atheist to those gods. I could study the gods of classical Greece, but, Zeus does not have people today being agnostic of atheist dealing with him. They are gods of myth.

So you didn't find the arguments for the existence of the Christian god convincing
QED: You were a Christian-Atheist

You found the arguments for the existence of the classical Greek gods even less convincing
QED: You were a classical Greek gods Atheist

Bottom line if you didn't believe in the existence of any god or gods, you were an Atheist.

So you didn't find the arguments for the existence of the Christian god convincing
QED: You were a Christian-Atheist

You found the arguments for the existence of the classical Greek gods even less convincing
QED: You were a classical Greek gods Atheist

Bottom line if you didn't believe in the existence of any god or gods, you were an Atheist.

I spend years in study to find the Christian god is made by man. When there are millions of people supporting a Christian god with there different religions -- you need to be logical and rational. Even that I was raised as a Southern Baptist, it is a religion that is easy to refute. Southern Baptists, is more of a irrational religion. It was not until 2000, that the church rejected slavery. The harder religion to refute, and the hardest to refute -- is the Catholic church. Even that I find supporting the Christian faith is irrational, the Catholic church are more rational when they are defending the Christian god.

The classical Greek gods, is better refuted by the Catholic church. Remember, the Catholic church had to declare the Greek gods were irrational. They killed the faithful, destroyed the tempos, destroyed the teachings. With that, it increased the amount of time in the dark ages. Even that we look at the Greek gods as myth, we spent centuries to undermine the teachings of the Greeks. In times, I do think of myself as a student of Pluto. To undermine him during the dark ages, we accepted English kings who could not read and write, lives until his 40's

I spend years in study to find the Christian god is made by man....

I'm sorry you had to spend so much time finding that out

...Southern Baptists, is more of a irrational religion. It was not until 2000, that the church rejected slavery. The harder religion to refute, and the hardest to refute -- is the Catholic church. Even that I find supporting the Christian faith is irrational, the Catholic church are more rational when they are defending the Christian god....

You won't find me defending the Southern Baptist church

Have you ever watched The Atheist Experience - it's live on You Tube every Sunday afternoon.
Old episode are on YouTube also

IIRC the main presenter Matt Dillahunty was a Southern Baptist once.

...the classical Greek gods, is better refuted by the Catholic church. Remember, the Catholic church had to declare the Greek gods were irrational. They killed the faithful, destroyed the tempos, destroyed the teachings. With that, it increased the amount of time in the dark ages. Even that we look at the Greek gods as myth, we spent centuries to undermine the teachings of the Greeks. In times, I do think of myself as a student of Pluto. To undermine him during the dark ages, we accepted English kings who could not read and write, lives until his 40's

The early Christians destroyed many religious sites sadly.

I'm sorry you had to spend so much time finding that out

I have never read any of his books, but, I use youtube to study Christopher Hitchens. He was far more intelligent then myself, and he understood a number of religions to refute. He really pushed me from being a agnostic to become a atheist. I really miss him.

You won't find me defending the Southern Baptist church

As a former member, the Southern Baptist is the most hateful Christian religion.

Could the Conquistadors turn the planet Jupiter into a Sun and communicate with every human on the planet simultaneously and in their native tongue ?

So no, the Conquistadors did NOT have god like powers.

It is a matter of perspective to the Incas they did.
To you turning Jupiter into a sun is God like in 500 years maybe not so much who knows
It isn't proof of omnipotence

It is a matter of perspective to the Incas they did.
To you turning Jupiter into a sun is God like in 500 years maybe not so much who knows
It isn't proof of omnipotence

I take your point but the Indians that the conquistadors encountered were uneducated savages and barbarians.

And yes, perhaps riding a horse and wearing an iron suit may seem god like powers to them, we know they are not.

If an entity appeared over the Earth and created a sun, I'd say that was a god-like power.

Edit: I think I know where you're going with this - Asimov's question.

Since we don't know the limit of technology, we cannot know what is just "technical knowledge" and what is "divine intervention".

Your essential point is that god, if he exists, cannot make himself distinguishable from the most advanced technological civilizations in the Universe.

Last edited:
I take your point but the Indians that the conquistadors encountered were uneducated savages and barbarians.

And yes, perhaps riding a horse and wearing an iron suit may seem god like powers to them, we know they are not.

If an entity appeared over the Earth and created a sun, I'd say that was a god-like power.

Do you realize you just proved my point?

No, because if an entitle (be it natural or super-natural) had god-like powers, what is the difference between them and a god ?

Because it is God like to you doesn't make it omnipotent, same as it being God-like to the Incas didn't make the conquistadors Gods or omnipotent.
500 years from now humans might be able to do the same thing.

Because it is God like to you doesn't make it omnipotent, same as it being God-like to the Incas didn't make the conquistadors Gods or omnipotent.
500 years from now humans might be able to do the same thing.
Most gods are not omnipotent: none of the Greek or Norse or Egyptian pantheons...or most Hindu gods.

Most gods are not omnipotent: none of the Greek or Norse or Egyptian pantheons...or most Hindu gods.

True but this started with the God of the Bible then claims of omnipotence on Richs part.

Discussing these imaginary beings is fun!

How about making a sensible argument ?

"Nothing" seems to sum up what you have to say.

Actually, "nothing" is all that you have to say of value. Now that you have been caught again, go sit in the corner and pout. It is what you do best.

All living creatures are myth unless otherwise demonstrated.

You mean that you actually don't exist? What a relief for the rest of us to have you admit that.

Could the Conquistadors turn the planet Jupiter into a Sun and communicate with every human on the planet simultaneously and in their native tongue ?

So no, the Conquistadors did NOT have god like powers.

But they appeared to have these powers to those natives they encountered. Superior technology appears as a god like power to primitives. Look at you.

In other words, you can't

Again make a coherent argument of shut up.

YOu have shown that you can never understand or accept a coherent argument, so why bother? So you can continue with your foolish drivel?

BTW, you attempts to derail the topic of this thread is pathetic and only supports the fact that you believe in fairy tales and myths while making up excuses for your lacks.

By all means introduce some facts into your posts...and I'll argue with you.

No, you deny any and all facts that do not fit with your silly beliefs. You cannot accept anything that differs from your own mythology sinc it would shake your entire world and since there is no god to protect you and restore y our fantasy base it would be pointless.

There are ore facts for you to deny, have at it.

Back
Top Bottom