• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your "song of the day/week" thread.....

Music, lyrics, and lead vocal by Gene Clark (1944-1991)

Here Without You - The Byrds

Daytime just makes me feel lonely
At night I can only dream about you
Girl you're on my mind, nearly all of the time
It's so hard being here without you

Words in my head keep repeating,
Things that you said when I was with you
And I wonder is it true, do you feel the same way too
It's so hard being here without you, being here without you

Though I know it won't last, I'll see you some day
It seems as though that day will come never
But there's one thing I'll swear, though you're far away
I'll be thinking about you, forever

Streets that I walk on depress me
Ones that were happy when I was with you
Still with all the friends I know, and with all the things I do
It's so hard being here without you, being here, without you

John Prine - Paradise

I grew up on a farm. A strip mining company was trying to get the local farmers to sign on to be strip mined. They were on the front porch talking with my dad when I played this song - full volume - with the window raised and speakers pointed in their direction. Thank you for reminding me of that. :)

My dad told them it looks like you have your answer.

I grew up on a farm. A strip mining company was trying to get the local farmers to sign on to be strip mined. They were on the front porch talking with my dad when I played this song - full volume - with the window raised and speakers pointed in their direction. Thank you for reminding me of that. :)

My dad told them it looks like you have your answer.
I live real close to what was once Paradise.

It's My Life (best in full screen)

Back
Top Bottom