• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your "song of the day/week" thread.....

He certainly had a much longer life than lana Clarkson did.

Quite obviously.

However, being a convicted murderer later in life does not erase the music contributions of a younger Phil Spector.

Quite obviously.

However, being a convicted murderer later in life does not erase the music contributions of a younger Phil Spector.
Yes, yes it does.

Sing For Your Supper - The Mamas & The Papas

Drummer Barry Kerch gives a clinic here on how to dominate a song without crapping it up.

The Crow And The Butterfly - Shinedown

I remember this very well, the song written for Judy Collins. Still lovely after all these years!

Yes. We recently saw a great performance of hers when youtube was streaming old Sesame Street episodes for our kiddo. I had to find out who she was, and that led me down the rabbit hole, and to that song. It is really something. I heard it a lot when I was younger, but I didn't know what it was about until I researched it.

Drummer Barry Kerch gives a clinic here on how to dominate a song without crapping it up.

The Crow And The Butterfly - Shinedown

Pandemic induced concert casualty for us. Would've been our 4th time seeing them, deep cuts tour made it that more painful.

Revivalists
Wish I Knew You

Yes. We recently saw a great performance of hers when youtube was streaming old Sesame Street episodes for our kiddo. I had to find out who she was, and that led me down the rabbit hole, and to that song. It is really something. I heard it a lot when I was younger, but I didn't know what it was about until I researched it.

Before Leonard Cohen became a household name, she was the only one who sang any of his songs on an album. ("She" being Judy Collins.) The first one ever heard was "Suzanne". I will look for her version. She was a major star. He was a totally unknown poet and composer.

Back
Top Bottom