• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your "song of the day/week" thread.....

One more

Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls (Official Video) [HD REMASTERED]

Mazzy Star Fade Into You

I loved this gentle, beautiful song...so I looked up the composer, Ludovico Einaudi, who was also the pianist. Thank you so much for introducing me to him. The comments written on YouTube all reflected my own feelings about the piece ("I Giorni" which means "The Days" in Italian). No one disliked it and most people found it heavenly. I was interested to read that the composer's grandfather, Luigi Einaudi, was the first President of the Republic of Italy and an anti-fascist.

Harvey Phillip "Phil" Spector, renowned for his 1960's "Wall of Sound" recordings, has died at 81 of natural causes in a California prison. The famous music producer used overdubbing that merged spirited vocal harmonies with lavish orchestral arrangements to produce pop monuments. I'll always love Phil for producing and bringing black girl vocal groups to mainstream American music. With a studio in Philadelphia, Spector recorded girl groups from Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Philly. He eventually moved to LA and utilized the Wrecking Crew (a/k/a The Phil Spector Wall of Sound Orchestra) at Gold Star Studios and United Western Recorders. Although a musical genius, Spector also had a dark side as former wife Ronnie Spector and vocalist Darlene Love would reveal. Spector was convicted of murdering actress Lana Clarkson in 2003 at his mansion on the edge of Los Angeles and sentenced to 19-years-to-life. RIP Phil.

Then He Kissed Me - The Crystals

Harvey Phillip "Phil" Spector, renowned for his 1960's "Wall of Sound" recordings, has died at 81 of natural causes in a California prison. The famous music producer used overdubbing that merged spirited vocal harmonies with lavish orchestral arrangements to produce pop monuments. I'll always love Phil for producing and bringing black girl vocal groups to mainstream American music. With a studio in Philadelphia, Spector recorded girl groups from Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Philly. He eventually moved to LA and utilized the Wrecking Crew (a/k/a The Phil Spector Wall of Sound Orchestra) at Gold Star Studios and United Western Recorders. Although a musical genius, Spector also had a dark side as former wife Ronnie Spector and vocalist Darlene Love would reveal. Spector was convicted of murdering actress Lana Clarkson in 2003 at his mansion on the edge of Los Angeles and sentenced to 19-years-to-life. RIP Phil.

Then He Kissed Me - The Crystals

He certainly had a much longer life than lana Clarkson did.

Back
Top Bottom