• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your sleep quality

Tiny

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Are you a light sleeper? An erratic sleeper? Or do you sleep like a baby?

I'd say my sleep quality is quite good, I usually fall asleep quite quickly. And I usually wake up after 8 to 9 a hours, which is a tad too much for me. I think the average number of hours for healthy adults is like 7 to 8. But sometimes my internal clock messes up and I have been known to sleep for like 10 to 11 hours, which I don't think is normal.

I occasionally lose sleep too, and sometimes I even stay awake all night. And I cannot account for these nights. Nothing to do with drinking coffee too much or too close to bed-time or anything like that. By the way, some people cannot even have one drop of coffee, or their sleep gets ruined. My mom's like that.

Tell us about your sleep quality and your bed-time rituals!

I hit bed between 11 and midnight, I wake up 7.

I am up several times during the night.

I hit bed between 11 and midnight, I wake up 7.
I sometimes go to bed as early as 7 or 8 and just lie there for a while. Sometimes I go to bed at 10 and I fall asleep quite fast. I don't like to stay up past 11 PM though cause doesn't matter how much sleep I do get, I don't feel well rested the next day.

My sleep is horrible. Started about a year or so ago. I get 6 hours broken sleep. Maybe time for a new mattress

I'd say my sleep quality is quite good, I usually fall asleep quite quickly. And I usually wake up after 8 to 9 a hours, which is a tad too much for me. I think the average number of hours for healthy adults is like 7 to 8. But sometimes my internal clock messes up and I have been known to sleep for like 10 to 11 hours, which I don't think is normal.

I occasionally lose sleep too, and sometimes I even stay awake all night. And I cannot account for these nights. Nothing to do with drinking coffee too much or too close to bed-time or anything like that. By the way, some people cannot even have one drop of coffee, or their sleep gets ruined. My mom's like that.

I've literally slept through tornadoes in my neighborhood.

My sleep is horrible. Started about a year or so ago. I get 6 hours broken sleep. Maybe time for a new mattress
Check your pillow too. I splurged on a good quality pillow recommended for side sleepers. I haven't regretted it.

I get 6 - 7 hours of good sleep a night, which is sufficient. I've read that as you get older you need less sleep.

We got a puppy and I was worried he'd keep us up at night whining. But he's been really good - about 10:30 - 11:00 he goes into his pen by himself and is quiet all night. Hasn't whined once in 8 months.

I've literally slept through tornadoes in my neighborhood.
I slept through a few of the minor earthquakes in Ohio. The city where I live goes Chicken Little with the tornado siren every time there is a severe thunderstorm. It's become a joke now and most people ignore it.

Im lucky to get more than 4 hours of sleep at a time.

I sleep well. All night. Sometimes, I wake up. Usually, after dreaming about one of my ex-wives. Then, I just roll over and go back to sleep. I feel sorry for all those people that say they can not get a good night sleep.

Sorry to hear that. I sleep really well. Normally i just lay my head down and off to sleep i go. Does anyone have this problem? Every once in awhile i just cant sleep. It feels like the bed has been changed somehow.

Back
Top Bottom