• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Your religion

What realigion do you follow or believe, if any?

• Christian

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Jewish

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Catholic

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Mormon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • atheism

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Scientologist

• Jehovah's Witnesses

• other

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
I,m a jedi i beleive the only superior being is alien life form not diety

Conflict said:
I'm not trying to but heads but I can't see how atheism can be declassified as a non-religion. Atheists may still believe in supernatural power... that which is the crutch of religious belief.

I know a lot of atheists don't like the idea of skepticism. That is essentially what religion is. The belief in the unknowable and the idea that somethings operates outside of reality. I don't believe in mermaids or any fairytale, so I don't understand how believing in the magical cloud wizard is much different.

curt said:
I know a lot of atheists don't like the idea of skepticism. That is essentially what religion is. The belief in the unknowable and the idea that somethings operates outside of reality. I don't believe in mermaids or any fairytale, so I don't understand how believing in the magical cloud wizard is much different.

I can't speak for athiests... not in a practical sense. I can only offer a semantical intepretation of the word.

Are you actually stating that religion is skepticism? This is so ridiculous... so off base. I know what you are getting at though and I actually agree. It's like believing in Santa Claus as a child.... and you grow up to believe in Christ.... perhaps intuitively realizing that there is no Christ.. but it's only a virtue of wishful thinking.

Let us understand that reality is ill defined and for a very good reason. Let's not get into matters that cannot be legitimately explained by virtue of classification. If there exists any such level of cognition. Let's just say that you're beliefs are your own... and you are entitled to them. In the same sense let's also realize that people have reason to be skeptical about your beliefs... or your lack there of.. It'a a win/win situation.

I am ,IMO, irreligious, or a non-practicer..
I believe, at this point in time, in a God or some sort or kind..
I do have little interest in this matter..

Should man lead his life according to books written thousands of years ago ??

Hell no !!!

I am an atheist, plain and simple. And I don't think of atheism as a religion.

kal-el said:

So you hold no credence in any scientific metaphysical or psychophysiological theorum?

Last edited:
Conflict said:
So you hold no credence in any scientific metaphysical or psychophysiological theorum?

What are you blabbering about? What you mention is all basically philosophy behind science. Why wouldn't I hold credence in science?

Conflict said:
scientific metaphysical or psychophysiological theorum?
Are there such things? That doesn't sound one bit like scienvce. Can you elaborate on these concepts in relation to the Scientific Method?

Conflict said:

How do you get to that from:
kal-el said:
???

I have to stop. Anything else that I have to say to that would be insulting by calling question to either your intelligence, ability to reason or, possibly, your sanity, if not all of them.

Who was it that said atheism is a much of a religion as bald is a hair color?

yeah, I thought science was about, you know, testing out theories about the observable world and stuff like that, and metaphysics consists of conjectures about the unobservable, so the two are kinda mutually exclusive. once yer able to test theories about a metaphysical topic, it gets relegated to regular physics

aps said:
I totally agree.

I don't consider "atheism" as being a religion. I checked that as my answer, but I am an atheist, plain and simple.

Sorry aps, I said exactly the same thing, I guess it would help if I actually read all the posts before submitting.

Originally posted by Me

Back
Top Bottom