• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your refrigerator is as dangerous as ISIS!

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
John Kerry warns your refrigerator is as dangerous as ISIS - AOL

What a tool!

LAFRIOT!

After seeing in the last month what a thoroughly corrupt organization the Democrat party is, can we not any of these people in charge of anything important, anywhere? IS that too much to ask.

And remember, almost all the warmists, and the scientific academies are liberal Democrats

Last edited:
Where does he say that? There is no quote to that effect in the posted "article" or video.

The only reference to what he actually said was about air conditioning, and he's got a point. Aircon lets you live in a place where you shouldn't and stresses the environment even further as your food and drink "needs" are trucked in. (refrigerated.) so there you are, shivering in the desert by your pool next to the golf course with your suv ticking over in the garage.....

The only reference to what he actually said was about air conditioning, and he's got a point. Aircon lets you live in a place where you shouldn't and stresses the environment even further as your food and drink "needs" are trucked in. (refrigerated.) so there you are, shivering in the desert by your pool next to the golf course with your suv ticking over in the garage.....
Should you also include places that need to be heated, because you cannot live in many areas without heat?

What a tool.

I used to live in Tucson, and when my air conditioning died I understood why the Indians were so ornery!

I live in Sacramento now, and it is not surviveable here without air conditioning! I see why ISIS is so ill tempered!

1,725 times almost nothing is almost nothing.

Think about it guys. RE and GWP are terms designed because what they represent, though generally meaningless, can be made to sound scary.

Where does he say that? There is no quote to that effect in the posted "article" or video.

That sure sounds like what he is saying...

"Yesterday, I met in Washington with 45 nations — defense ministers and foreign ministers — as we were working together on the challenge of [the Islamic State], and terrorism," he said. "It's hard for some people to grasp it, but what we — you — are doing here right now is of equal importance because it has the ability to literally save life on the planet itself."

Kerry: Refrigerator chemicals are just as bad as ISIS | Washington Examiner

Last edited:
No need to be that harsh on yourself. I mean, the article you linked actually admits it's headline is false and is basically click-bait fraud but you're sadly not going to be the last person to fall for that. :)

Aol is ( yet another ) DNC subsidiary , which disseminates DNC talking points at the DNC's behest. ( PLEASE tell me, after those hacked emails, that you don't think this is how the world operates).

SO it's hardlyclick bait. More like pimping the warmist agenda on behalf of the Democrats.

That sure sounds like what he is saying...

"Yesterday, I met in Washington with 45 nations — defense ministers and foreign ministers — as we were working together on the challenge of [the Islamic State], and terrorism," he said. "It's hard for some people to grasp it, but what we — you — are doing here right now is of equal importance because it has the ability to literally save life on the planet itself."

Kerry: Refrigerator chemicals are just as bad as ISIS | Washington Examiner

Never trust anyone who only gives you a sentence or two of a speech.

Never trust anyone who only gives you a sentence or two of a speech.

Translation: "OK, he did say it but I am too stubborn to admit it!" :lamo

It is not only Kerry but also Pentagon warn about the dangers posed by global warming.

The Pentagon on Monday released a report asserting decisively that climate change poses an immediate threat to national security, with increased risks from terrorism, infectious disease, global poverty and food shortages. It also predicted rising demand for military disaster responses as extreme weather creates more global humanitarian crises.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/14/u...-presents-immediate-security-threat.html?_r=0

This at the same time as up to one billion people could lose their homes by 2050 because of the devastating impact of global warming. Compared to todays 60 million refuges.

Climate change could force 1 billion from their homes by 2050 | Climate Change | Environment | The Independent

I don't know exactly how many in the western world that have been killed by Islamic terrorist during the last couple of decades, but it's probably less than 5 000 including 9/11. This can be compared to the estimated 13 000 yearly premature deaths in USA and 22 000 yearly premature deaths in EU by pollution from coal fired power plants.

Estimated health effects from U.S. coal-fired power plant emissions

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/jun/12/european-coal-pollution-premature-deaths

Also the dependency on fossil fuel from ME leads to both costly and destructive wars at the same time USA and western countries have to be close allies to brutal and fundamentalist dictatorship like Saudi Arabia.

How Saudi Wahhabism Is the Fountainhead of Islamist Terrorism

https://www.hrw.org/middle-east/n-africa/saudi-arabia

There western oil money now also have lead to that Saudi Arabia is the country with third biggest military spending.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

Post 14 represents more alarmist propaganda.

Petition To Remove Air Conditioning | The Daily Caller

The petition states:

“WHEREAS, Secretary of State John F. Kerry has suggested that air conditioners are as big a threat as ISIS, and WHEREAS, it is the duty of our elected and appointed government officials to lead by example, THEREFORE, we call upon the U.S. Department of State to remove air conditioning from all property that the Department owns, rents, or otherwise employs, including but not limited to embassies, consulates, office buildings, etc., all vehicles owned and/or operated by the Department, and any other property, real or movable, owned, rented, or otherwise employed by the Department.”

Ah! Good, old fashioned fun at the expense of idiot government officials. Ya gotta love it!

Translation: "OK, he did say it but I am too stubborn to admit it!" :lamo

I take it you still haven't taken it upon yourself to watch the entire speech, or read the entire transcript. Some context, and an honest, open mind, would help you understand what Kerry was actually suggesting.

Howeverl, it's just easier to have someone feed the opinion to you than to come up with one on your own, isn't it?

This petition is only humorous if you are under the impression that Kerry wants to eliminate air conditioners.

Are you? Under that impression? Lutherf?

Damn!!! You liberals want to control everything! Now you want to be the sole arbiter of what's funny and what isn't. What's next? Are you going to propose taxing speech you don't agree with?

Damn!!! You liberals want to control everything! Now you want to be the sole arbiter of what's funny and what isn't. What's next? Are you going to propose taxing speech you don't agree with?

Doesn't make any sense. Kerry isn't saying refrigerators are dangerous. But you thought he was saying that, because someone told you he said that.

John Kerry warns your refrigerator is as dangerous as ISIS - AOL

What a tool!

LAFRIOT!

After seeing in the last month what a thoroughly corrupt organization the Democrat party is, can we not any of these people in charge of anything important, anywhere? IS that too much to ask.

And remember, almost all the warmists, and the scientific academies are liberal Democrats

What a complete waste of time this post is. A couple paragraphs in the report says,

"To be fair Kerry isn't exactly comparing the need to stay cool to the Islamic State but warns the discussion around HFC and other pollutants are essential to even having a planet to live on at all."

but still there's that complete lie in the headline.
Why would you even bother? Do you think nobody here can understand how to open a link and read what it says? Do you think that even other conservatives will grin and nod and elbow each other, saying, "Yeah, look, really got that one in on the libs!"
Damn, boy, you need to give yourself more credit, never mind the rest of us.

I take it you still haven't taken it upon yourself to watch the entire speech, or read the entire transcript. Some context, and an honest, open mind, would help you understand what Kerry was actually suggesting.

Howeverl, it's just easier to have someone feed the opinion to you than to come up with one on your own, isn't it?

Hah! I take it you can't provide that context yourself...

Hah! I take it you can't provide that context yourself...

You couldn't even be arsed to read the entire article in the OP, why on earth would I think you'd read his whole speech if I gave it to you?

You couldn't even be arsed to read the entire article in the OP, why on earth would I think you'd read his whole speech if I gave it to you?

You can't even be arsed to back up your claim.

Back
Top Bottom