• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Your own all star baseball team (1 Viewer)

Inuyasha

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
OK I am going to go out on a limb and see how many other idiots follow me. You pick you favorite players. All eight position players a RHSP. LHSP, set up man and closer. There is only one catch You have had to see the players you chose, in person. You can move OF's around.

1b - Stan Musial
2b - Ryan Sandberg
ss - Phil Rizzuto
3b - Clete Boyer
c - Yogi Berra
OF - Mickey Mantle
OF - Willie Mays
OF - Sammy Sosa

RHSP - Greg Maddox
LHSP - Whitey Ford
Set up - Jeff Reardon (in his later days)
closer - Willie hernandez
 
Inuyasha said:
OK I am going to go out on a limb and see how many other idiots follow me. You pick you favorite players. All eight position players a RHSP. LHSP, set up man and closer. There is only one catch You have had to see the players you chose, in person. You can move OF's around.

1b - Stan Musial
2b - Ryan Sandberg
ss - Phil Rizzuto
3b - Clete Boyer
c - Yogi Berra
OF - Mickey Mantle
OF - Willie Mays
OF - Sammy Sosa

RHSP - Greg Maddox
LHSP - Whitey Ford
Set up - Jeff Reardon (in his later days)
closer - Willie hernandez

Great line-up, with the exception of Mr Cork.:doh

I burned my Sammy shirt after that incident, and was so happy he was now Baltimore's problem.;)
 
Deegan said:
Great line-up, with the exception of Mr Cork.:doh

I burned my Sammy shirt after that incident, and was so happy he was now Baltimore's problem.;)

I agree. His last season was disgusting the way he treated the fans and the team. Getting Hairston for him was a stroke of genius. Sammy is finished. But i still cannot deny what he did as a power hitter I had to include him because I can't make an outfielder of McGuire.

I see that i have more Yankees than anyone and I have never been a Yankee fan but you've got to admit... that is some franchise.
 
Inuyasha said:
I agree. His last season was disgusting the way he treated the fans and the team. Getting Hairston for him was a stroke of genius. Sammy is finished. But i still cannot deny what he did as a power hitter I had to include him because I can't make an outfielder of McGuire.

I see that i have more Yankees than anyone and I have never been a Yankee fan but you've got to admit... that is some franchise.

Put Bonds out there, oh.......he's a dirty juice head, never mind, but sso is Sammy, were screwed.:doh
 
I think we might be able to put Dawson out there. I didn't mention bonds because whenever I have seen the Giants he hasn't played but I think i saw him when he was with Pittsburg. OK He really deserves it but to protect the youth of the nation I'll go with The Hawk.
 
Inuyasha said:
I think we might be able to put Dawson out there. I didn't mention bonds because whenever I have seen the Giants he hasn't played but I think i saw him when he was with Pittsburg. OK He really deserves it but to protect the youth of the nation I'll go with The Hawk.

Sweet, the Hawk, what an excellent choice, good job.;)
 
Deegan said:
Sweet, the Hawk, what an excellent choice, good job.;)
Although I don't deny Andre has qualities that are deserving to be on this list, but are we forgetting Ken Griffey Jr.?...

Are you nullifying his whole career based on the last couple of years?...
 
Alright, here goes:

1b - Stan Musial
2b - Ty Cobb
ss - Kevin Griffey Jr.
3b - Brooks Robinson
c - Johnny Bench
OF - Mickey Mantle
OF - Willie Mays
OF - Babe Ruth

RHSP - Nolan Ryan
LHSP - Sandy Kofax
Set up - Don Drysdale
closer - Bob Gibson
 
cnredd said:
Although I don't deny Andre has qualities that are deserving to be on this list, but are we forgetting Ken Griffey Jr.?...

Are you nullifying his whole career based on the last couple of years?...

Yeah but remember the rules: You have had to see the player you name play in person. OK let's revise the rule to include seeing the player play on TV as well as in person.

Do you think Dawson will make the Hall of Fame?
 
Inuyasha said:
Yeah but remember the rules: You have had to see the player you name play in person. OK let's revise the rule to include seeing the player play on TV as well as in person.

Do you think Dawson will make the Hall of Fame?

Well, if Sandberg has anything to say about, he and Santo will be in there, he has even said so. Santo is long over due, he should have been in there by now, but I am biased.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom