• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Your opinion doesn't mean crap!

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Alright kids...A little bit of Stat Deduction 101...

Of course, most of us, if not all of us, have a slanted position when debating...we like people to hear our thoghts, and like it when they respond in kind...

But have you ever noticed how certain members don't like the idea of that two-way street?...Ever notice members only wanting to get out their agenda with little regard for YOUR opinions?...

Well, I've done a little research, and found the King of this...His name is danarhea...

If you don't know by now, his modus operandi is to flood the forums with op-ed pieces and Libertarian literature due to his feelings of betrayal from the republican party...sort of like a revenge tactic one would immaturely take out on their ex-spouse or ex-lover...They live for spite...

So that's the agenda...

But I'm more concerned with the other side of debate...Sure he wants you to know how he feels and he wants you to respond...But does he respond in kind to how YOU feel on YOUR threads and topics?

Not a chance in hell!...danarhea doesn't give a rat's ass what anyone on this forum thinks...unless, of course, it's said in HIS thread and HIS topic...If it's in YOUR thread with YOUR topics, he hardly knows you exist...

Here's the data...

Currently, danarhea has a total post count of 939...Here's a stat that should blow the mind away for any veteran member here...

Out of those 939 total posts, 232 of them were starting a new thread!...That's almost 1 out of every 4 posts!...

To give you a fair comparison for how out of whack that is, I have over 6,000 posts...and have started 190 new threads...

BUT...

As a Moderator, most of my threads are discussing issues in the Mod Forum in an administrative capacity...So how many have I started publicly?...

To give you more of an idication of how one person's agenda is being shoved down your throats, I've looked up the members that have more than 2,500 posts...more than 3 times the number of danarhea's total number...The NEXT person in line with the greatest number of posts has 118...The person after that?...78...

That's right folks...The member with LESS than 1000 posts has started more threads than the next TWO members combined...AND they have more than 10 THOUSAND posts!...

For Wayne Gretsky, that would be admirable...In a debate forum, it's pretty friggin' sad...

But that's only half of the story...Here's the bigger issue the members should be concerned about...

Sure...danarhea has an agenda, but does he contribute to the forum by getting involved with everyone else and their discussions?...

Sadly, the answer is "no"...

I've looked up danarhea's last 250 posts...here's the breakdown of the number of posts that dealt with his own agenda compared to the number of his total posts...

20 out of the last 25
37 out of the last 50
53 out of the last 75
72 out of the last 100
90 out of the last 125
110 out of the last 150
140 out of the last 200
175 out of the last 250

By my trusty calculator, he attends to himself 70% of the time while contributing just 30% to the rest of the members.

Just a bit selfish, don't ya think?...:(

cnredd said:
Alright kids...A little bit of Stat Deduction 101...

Of course, most of us, if not all of us, have a slanted position when debating...we like people to hear our thoghts, and like it when they respond in kind...

But have you ever noticed how certain members don't like the idea of that two-way street?...Ever notice members only wanting to get out their agenda with little regard for YOUR opinions?...

Well, I've done a little research, and found the King of this...His name is danarhea...

If you don't know by now, his modus operandi is to flood the forums with op-ed pieces and Libertarian literature due to his feelings of betrayal from the republican party...sort of like a revenge tactic one would immaturely take out on their ex-spouse or ex-lover...They live for spite...

So that's the agenda...

But I'm more concerned with the other side of debate...Sure he wants you to know how he feels and he wants you to respond...But does he respond in kind to how YOU feel on YOUR threads and topics?

Not a chance in hell!...danarhea doesn't give a rat's ass what anyone on this forum thinks...unless, of course, it's said in HIS thread and HIS topic...If it's in YOUR thread with YOUR topics, he hardly knows you exist...

Here's the data...

Currently, danarhea has a total post count of 939...Here's a stat that should blow the mind away for any veteran member here...

Out of those 939 total posts, 232 of them were starting a new thread!...That's almost 1 out of every 4 posts!...

To give you a fair comparison for how out of whack that is, I have over 6,000 posts...and have started 190 new threads...

BUT...

As a Moderator, most of my threads are discussing issues in the Mod Forum in an administrative capacity...So how many have I started publicly?...

To give you more of an idication of how one person's agenda is being shoved down your throats, I've looked up the members that have more than 2,500 posts...more than 3 times the number of danarhea's total number...The NEXT person in line with the greatest number of posts has 118...The person after that?...78...

That's right folks...The member with LESS than 1000 posts has started more threads than the next TWO members combined...AND they have more than 10 THOUSAND posts!...

For Wayne Gretsky, that would be admirable...In a debate forum, it's pretty friggin' sad...

But that's only half of the story...Here's the bigger issue the members should be concerned about...

Sure...danarhea has an agenda, but does he contribute to the forum by getting involved with everyone else and their discussions?...

Sadly, the answer is "no"...

I've looked up danarhea's last 250 posts...here's the breakdown of the number of posts that dealt with his own agenda compared to the number of his total posts...

20 out of the last 25
37 out of the last 50
53 out of the last 75
72 out of the last 100
90 out of the last 125
110 out of the last 150
140 out of the last 200
175 out of the last 250

By my trusty calculator, he attends to himself 70% of the time while contributing just 30% to the rest of the members.

Just a bit selfish, don't ya think?...:(

He was banned with me, yes, can you believe it, I was banned as well?:lol:

It was for arguing with him, and I was happy to find this place, then he ended up here!:rofl

Oh well, I started my own crap, and so we meet again, what a small world, third rock from the sun, what a trip.:cool:

Ahhhh, we're back in high school again. It's always fun to post on this board because it brings me back to what people were like in high school...maybe even middle school. :yawn:

OUTSTANDING POST, redd. Good job. :mrgreen:

I feel your pain.

I don't know too much about this particular poster, but I gave up on another forum recently because there were several people who worked in concert to dominate the proceedings, and for whom the idea on communicating online was to force feed as many articles as they could find into the mix. It was counterpunch and antiwar.com 24/7. Peopel on a mission, you know.......

One thing I appreciate about this place is the fact the moderators do not encourage all the cut and paste garbage. The level of personal insults a person has to deal with here is higher than in other forums I have frequented, as is some of the more simplistic "you such and such" sorts of postings, but that's not such a bad tradeoff overall.

Deegan said:
He was banned with me, yes, can you believe it, I was banned as well?:lol:

It was for arguing with him, and I was happy to find this place, then he ended up here!:rofl

Oh well, I started my own crap, and so we meet again, what a small world, third rock from the sun, what a trip.:cool:
Hey Deegan. Guess what? I didnt get banned. The night that you, Hobbie, KC, and all the others all ganged up on me and started derailing my threads, I kept starting that one thread over and over. Got a week's suspension for spamming. LOL. My account is still active over there, though. I just dont use it anymore. But I gotta ask you. What did they ban you for, because although they suspended me for a week, they didnt do a thing to you guys for continually gangbanging and trying to derail my threads. BTW, before I left, I snuck into the Republican HQ, courtesy of a member who didnt like what was going on, and managed to see all the coordinated hit threads on people, which were being run by Hobbie and Hargreaves.

And cnredd - Glad to know that I am such a thorn in your side that you have to whine down here about me. :)

Last edited:
I always thought he started an enourmous amount of whine threads, but I had no idea it was at such a super human pace.

For the record:

GySgt

Number of posts = 4,268

Threads started = 0

Last edited:
cnredd's irrational hatred for Danarhea makes me want to puke, quite honestly.

I like how a lot of you, particularily cnredd here, like to pretend they don't have agenda when, quite honestly, everyone has one. It's like George W Bush trying to call democrats partisan. Try to be more original next time cnredd.

FinnMacCool said:

How did you go from sick to angry and then to cynical so fast? These "mood" things are stupid and besides they aren't accommodating to everyone. Notice there isn't an "Arrogant" selection? I feel so left out.

GySgt said:
How did you go from sick to angry so fast? These "mood" things are stupid and besides they aren't accommodating to everyone. Notice there isn't an "Arrogant" selection?

No, but there is a horny one. Be back in a while. Gotta go poke my wife :)

danarhea said:
No, but there is a horny one. Be back in a while. Gotta go poke my wife :)

If only I could warn her some how. Poor lady.

How did you go from sick to angry and then to cynical so fast? These "mood" things are stupid and besides they aren't accommodating to everyone. Notice there isn't an "Arrogant" selection? I feel so left out.

Too be quite honest, I've just been trying them out to see what they look like.

GySgt said:

Maybe you should try "Studly." ;)

GySgt said:
If only I could warn her some how. Poor lady.

Actually, the horny in my mood is her. Some guys have all the luck. :)

FinnMacCool said:
Irrational?...I've posted data for everything I've mentioned...Whereas when YOU started this thread here in the Basement...AND this thread here...You showed NO research, evidence, or data to back up your accusations...

Now who's being irrational?...:cool:

FinnMacCool said:
I like how a lot of you, particularily cnredd here, like to pretend they don't have agenda when, quite honestly, everyone has one. It's like George W Bush trying to call democrats partisan. Try to be more original next time cnredd.
This shows your inability to read or just plain ignorance...

I ask that you go back and read second sentence of the original post....dummy...

cnredd said:

Now why would you say I'm pretending not to see it when I've already stated that very thing in the second sentence of the post?...

I know why...Because you're a dunce...

Originally posted by GySgt:
I always thought he started an enourmous amount of whine threads, but I had no idea it was at such a super human pace.

For the record:

GySgt

Number of posts = 4,268

Threads started = 0
So what are you saying, that you're not a leader?

aps said:
Ahhhh, we're back in high school again. It's always fun to post on this board because it brings me back to what people were like in high school...maybe even middle school. :yawn:
Hey look!...My new chewtoy showed up!...

As is my usual procedure when it comes to you, aps, I like to show the forum members the hypocrisy of your posts...You make this so easy...

So when I use data to backup my claim that one member in particular is flooding the forum with their own agenda driven threads, you cry "high school"...Let's see if you've felt that way in OTHER posts making accusations towards other members here in this very Basement...

These are your EXACT words from the thread in the Basement entitled "Liberal Meltdown"...This is YOU responding to another member...

aps said:
Phoenix, you make a lot of conclusions, but I see NO facts whatsoever to back up your assertions. Ho hum. Bored.........

"Oh, but aps, I mentioned Chappaquidick when talking about Ted Kennedy. Now that is some real substance, right?"

LOL

So then you come to a thread where EVERY assertion is backed up by facts, and yet you remain to be "bored"...

So just what will stop this boredom?...Facts or no facts, it just seems you just want to play the partisan game...

More proof?...Sure thing!...I don't think you can get anymore hypocritical than this...Guess you're not above the "high school" fray, eh aps?...

aps said:
Personally, I don't like seeing everyone beating up on my Navy Pride. What are we, in grade school?

Even though I don't like ptsdkid or FreeThinker, I would not be able to participate in bashing them in a thread like this.

Why is this necessary?

Navy Pride, no matter how ridiculous some of your statements are, no matter how much you criticize liberals, no matter how much you kiss George Bush's butt, I LIKE YOU!
:cheers:

Now that was on January 17th...Let's see what you wrote on January 16th...

aps said:
Oh, Stace, ain't that the truth? FreeThinker has the brains of an ant. But we should feel sorry for him. Look at him--taking any shot he can to demean a liberal. LOL Those who are threatened by a particular type of person lash out at them--have you ever noticed that (see Ann Coulter's books)? If he was so confident in his beliefs, he wouldn't feel the need to put down others who don't agree with him.

There, there, FreeThinker. It will be okay. *pats FreeThinker on the head while feeling sorry for him*

Yup...Nothing like thinking you'd never be able to participate...AFTER you participate one day earlier...:roll:

It was also nice to see that you were eerily silent when FinnMacCool started the two threads I mentioned earlier...You know...The two threads that were attacking people that DIDN'T think like you?...

Apparently, that OK...That's not "high school" in your book...:roll:

danarhea said:
And cnredd - Glad to know that I am such a thorn in your side that you have to whine down here about me. :)

Great attitude, danarhea! People who feel the need to start a thread bashing someone are pathetic in my eyes. Usually those kind of people don't feel very good about themselves, and I should remind myself to be more tolerant. I would hate to dislike myself so much that I would take the time to start a thread badmouthing someone.

FinnMacCool said:

FinnMacCool, I totally agree with you. :2wave:

Billo_Really said:
Kiss ass!.......

LOL That's what KC does. He either insults people or commends people when they insult someone else. I just want to say that if I knew my father behaved that way, I would be utterly disappointed and disgusted. But my father is a classy man who would never stoop to such a pathetic level. "Come here, children, see what I do when I post on a message board. I insult people. I commend others for insulting people. Are you proud of daddy, or what?"

cnredd said:
Hey look!...My new chewtoy showed up!...

As is my usual procedure when it comes to you, aps, I like to show the forum members the hypocrisy of your posts...You make this so easy...

So when I use data to backup my claim that one member in particular is flooding the forum with their own agenda driven threads, you cry "high school"...Let's see if you've felt that way in OTHER posts making accusations towards other members here in this very Basement...

These are your EXACT words from the thread in the Basement entitled "Liberal Meltdown"...This is YOU responding to another member...

So then you come to a thread where EVERY assertion is backed up by facts, and yet you remain to be "bored"...

So just what will stop this boredom?...Facts or no facts, it just seems you just want to play the partisan game...

More proof?...Sure thing!...I don't think you can get anymore hypocritical than this...Guess you're not above the "high school" fray, eh aps?...

Now that was on January 17th...Let's see what you wrote on January 16th...

Yup...Nothing like thinking you'd never be able to participate...AFTER you participate one day earlier...:roll:

It was also nice to see that you were eerily silent when FinnMacCool started the two threads I mentioned earlier...You know...The two threads that were attacking people that DIDN'T think like you?...

Apparently, that OK...That's not "high school" in your book...:roll:

Double yawn. I love that my post bothered you enough for you to provide me with such a detailed answer. If you notice, I have NEVER started a thread bashing someone. NEVER. It would make me feel horrible. I would say I didn't like someone (like FreeThinker and ptsdkid) if they were objectively rude to everyone, which they are. I stand by everything you have posted. I would be surprised if an intelligent person agreed with your conclusions regarding my posts--very surprised.

aps said:
Great attitude, danarhea! People who feel the need to start a thread bashing someone are pathetic in my eyes. Usually those kind of people don't feel very good about themselves, and I should remind myself to be more tolerant. I would hate to dislike myself so much that I would take the time to start a thread badmouthing someone.
Who's bashing?...

The problem here is that your skipping the facts shown and going straight to your emotions...here's an example....

You mentioned a few posts ago that you agreed with FinnMacCool...This was AFTER I clearly pointed out this...

FinnMacCool said:

Once again, look at my second sentence of the original post...

cnredd said:

See?...I say something, he tells me I'm pretending, then says that exact same thing I said...He totally missed it...You agreeing with him shows that you missed it, too, and just want to jump on the bandwagon instead of thinking for yourself...

Now let's see how you're shying away from your thoughts when we've had an ealier discussion...remember this?...

aps said:
Wow. Great response. You are right. You clearly are open minded as to what may have transpired....

Thanks for your well-reasoned (for a change ;)) response to me.

You didn't respond when I came back with this...

cnredd said:
No problem...but "for a change"?!?...When have I done otherwise to you?...:confused: :(

I also wrote this here...

cnredd said:
I think some here get annoyed when I go the objective route on certain topics...The Liberals want to say, "Hey!...Let me rant and get this off my chest without obstruction!"...And the Conservatives want to say, "Hey!...You're suppose to be towing the party line!"...

Some think the debate is supposed to be "I yell at your party, then you yell at my party, then I yell at you, then you yell at me, then I'll change the subject, then you yell at me about something new, then I'll yell etc."...

They equally treat objectivity as a monkey wrench thrown into the debate...:shrug:(

Sorry to say, but when I wrote that, you came to mind...

Anyway...Back on topic...

I make an assertation and back it up using the same data available to every member of this forum...If you are under the assumption that I would never do something like this if a Conservative was flooding the forum...you would be wrong...

Don't believe me?...have a look yourself...Notice I even mention the same idea...diluting the forum...as I do right here...This difference was that I Moderated there because of copyright issues...with the current situation, I haven't...But hitting up a Conservative for doing the same thing?

Damn tootin'...

So what's on your mind now?...Maybe it should be that what I'm doing is informing the forum members so they can draw their own conclusions?...Maybe they'll start to think, "I respond in danarhea's threads, but he hardly ever responds to mine or anyone else's....Why should I give him consideration when he does not afford that consideration to the rest of the members?"...

What I've shown is available to all...Unlike other members who start threads down here with their baseless opinions, I have documented my research...And if you disagree with any of it, by all means...double check my work...

Unless, of course, you would like to ask the Administrator to stop making this public data available so the members can't see for themselves...

Back
Top Bottom