• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Your favorite sports? (and why)

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I just wanted to see who loves what and why as far as sports go because basically, I want to keep this section going.
Personally, I am a baseball guy because my whole family has played (amateur) for years and I love summer, the traditions of the game, and also the strategy involved. It's also great the way suspense builds up before the pitch is even thrown out, what happens after that is just icing on the cake. But I would love to know everyone's favorite sports and what makes them love these games.

As far as a sport to play, it has to be tennis.

As a sport to watch..tennis or hockey.

And remember, psychologists have done studies that show females get more aroused at hockey games than any other spectator sport!

My Favourite Sports to Play:

1. Tennis
2. Pool
3. Football
4. Basketball
5. Poker :lol:

My Favourite Sports To Watch:

1. Football
2. Hockey
4. Boxing
3. Basketball
5. Soccer

Your forgetting the best sport in all the world... rugby! Although soccer ranks atop all the others in the world rugby by far is the best sport. Combines the stamina of soccer, strength of football and the brains of all of them put together...

If that won't convince you go to your local college or university..they will ; 0)
Those who really love the sport like me love it for what it is.. but I admit most people in america love it b/c they played in college and got drunk all the time.

Soviet_Guy said:
My Favourite Sports to Play:

1. Tennis
2. Pool
3. Football
4. Basketball
5. Poker :lol:

If Poker is a sport - deal me in! :)

I enjoy watching tennis, golf and NFL football, but I am not much into it.
I only go when there are free tickets.

I don't care for the TV Sports -- baseball, football etc are boring to watch. I am into hunting, fishing, kayak, canoe and horses

Favorite Sports
1.) Baseball
2.) Basketball
3.) Football
4.) Pro Wrestling (CNN said they were a sport, ditto for FOX)
5.) Mixed Martial Arts
6.) Poker

The last three are the ones that I like to watch mainly (cept poker which i play too much), and the first three are the ones i like to play

i played baseball through college so its definitely my favorite sport. besides that i love basketball (im a Warriors season ticket holder) and im a HUGE PBR fan.

Arthur Fonzarelli said:
PBR? Pabst Blue Ribbon or Professional Bull Riding?

both haha. no just kidding. Professional Bull Riding.

FiremanRyan said:
both haha. no just kidding. Professional Bull Riding.
Hey, PBR is a great beer!.........For the price(which aint sayin much).

LaMidRighter said:
I just wanted to see who loves what and why as far as sports go because basically, I want to keep this section going.
Personally, I am a baseball guy because my whole family has played (amateur) for years and I love summer, the traditions of the game, and also the strategy involved. It's also great the way suspense builds up before the pitch is even thrown out, what happens after that is just icing on the cake. But I would love to know everyone's favorite sports and what makes them love these games.

1. Hockey - from Mite to the NHL
2. Lacrosse - I guess I like sports where you get to hit people with sticks
3. Football - high school & college although I watch the NFL
4. Any sport my 4 year old grandson is watching - from the time he could walk he'd act out whatever sport was on t.v. He'd line up on the football field (the floor in front of the coffee table) - playing center, quarterback, running back, wide receiver - whoever had the ball. Too bad he's a squirt because he has a great arm - he could throw a 10-15 foot spiral at ~18 mos. - and he was accurate. With hockey - he'd get his puck and stick, run back and forth across the family room - checking himself into the walls (we've straightened pictures a lot). And then there's baseball - he'd pitch, run the bases and throw the ball home - when he threw a softball right smack at the t.v. screen (and hit it hard) we decided that he couldn't watch sports with props anymore. ;)

edb19 said:

1. Hockey - from Mite to the NHL
2. Lacrosse - I guess I like sports where you get to hit people with sticks
3. Football - high school & college although I watch the NFL
4. Any sport my 4 year old grandson is watching - from the time he could walk he'd act out whatever sport was on t.v. He'd line up on the football field (the floor in front of the coffee table) - playing center, quarterback, running back, wide receiver - whoever had the ball. Too bad he's a squirt because he has a great arm - he could throw a 10-15 foot spiral at ~18 mos. - and he was accurate. With hockey - he'd get his puck and stick, run back and forth across the family room - checking himself into the walls (we've straightened pictures a lot). And then there's baseball - he'd pitch, run the bases and throw the ball home - when he threw a softball right smack at the t.v. screen (and hit it hard) we decided that he couldn't watch sports with props anymore. ;)
Kids make it all worth it. And it is nice to see a group of kids learning about the subtleties of life like taking setbacks in stride, living to fight another day, and teamwork.
P.S.- Sounds like you've got a little slugger on your hands, best of luck.

LaMidRighter said:
Kids make it all worth it. And it is nice to see a group of kids learning about the subtleties of life like taking setbacks in stride, living to fight another day, and teamwork.
P.S.- Sounds like you've got a little slugger on your hands, best of luck.

My son is quite athletic and has some rather "macho" attitudes towards sports - he's instilling these attitudes in his son. I'm looking forward to the day when my grandson says "I think I'd like to learn to figure skate." ;)

Seriously - he'll be hitting the hockey rink this year (he started skating @ 2 1/2). By the time he's in high school I'm thinking he'll be participating in baseball too.

i like to play basketball and foootball but i'll watch anything but the only sport i plan watching weeks before the game is basketball.

College basketball....UK rules
College football.....Ohio State rules
Olympic wrestling..... Once every four years but it's worth it
Pro Football.....Go Bengals
Pro baseball..... Cincinnati Reds Rule (Just kidding)
NASCAR.....Just love it DEI RULES
Pro Bass fishing....not really

Fishing......if thats really a sport.
That all depends on the kind of fish your'e going for ;) .
I've been meaning to go deep sea fishing with my dad for the last couple of years and they have some scary monsters out on the gulf(Marlins, Sharks, a few Tuna species, Tarpons, and Amber Jack to name a few), the way I see it, anytime you need a power wench, a fully cranked inboard motor, and a couple of hours to bring the fish in, it's gotta be a sport.

LaMidRighter said:
That all depends on the kind of fish your'e going for ;) .
I've been meaning to go deep sea fishing with my dad for the last couple of years and they have some scary monsters out on the gulf(Marlins, Sharks, a few Tuna species, Tarpons, and Amber Jack to name a few), the way I see it, anytime you need a power wench, a fully cranked inboard motor, and a couple of hours to bring the fish in, it's gotta be a sport.

but a lot of the time, its easier to catch a sea fish like that than it is to hook a 3 pound rainbow trout in a little creek on a fly rod. as a life long deep sea fisherman-just turned fly fisherman, fishing is a sport no matter what you're going for.

Mine's soccer! It's cause guys look hotter in soccer shorts than any other sports uniform. 'Specially when they score a goal and take their shirt off. Rrrrr.... :mrgreen:

I just thank God the crackers are back this fall...

I got sick and tired of hearing about "a game of lips and sneakers".

Back
Top Bottom