• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your favorite patriotic song?

What is your favorite patriotic song?

• America the Beautiful

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Star Spangled Banner

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • God Bless the USA

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stars and Stripes Forever

• Grand Ole Flag

• This Land is Your Land

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Battle Hymn of the Republic

• My Country Tis of Thee

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
There have been many songs written about America. What's your favorite?

Alice's restaurant.

I've always thought My Country Tis of Thee was hokey since my 1st grade teacher sang it every morning to us after reciting the Pledge.

I like America The Beautiful. IMO it should be our national anthem. It's much better musically than the Star Spangled Banner, and has a more timeless and positive message.

Played God Bless the USA at a gig today. We weren't as good as Lee Greenwood, but it worked. :)

I also like God Bless America.

Killing in the Name Of :2razz: j/k

I've always like the national anthem.

I tend to consider myself Irish before I consider myself American

God Bless the USA. My 5th grade teacher insisted that every one of her classes learn to sing this toward the end of the year to perform at the 'graduation' that they held for us before we left. To this day she is still the best teacher I've had, and I still like that song.

I've always thought My Country Tis of Thee was hokey since my 1st grade teacher sang it every morning to us after reciting the Pledge.

Especially since it is the national anthem of Great Britain.

Row, Row, Row your boat.
Probably more expressive than most anything else.

Ray Stevens song... "WE THE PEOPLE."

This Land is Your Land. Of course the second line is a big lie. But, I can still dream, can't I?

I'll say Lee Greenwood's song.

Personally I hate our national anthem from a musical standpoint. It's so dissonent and disjunct that only a handful of people can sing it without absolutely butchering it. Ironically, I always thought the former Soviet Union's anthem kicked ass.

Back
Top Bottom