• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your Favorite John Denver Song

Your Favorite John Denver Song

• Total voters

ronpaulvoter

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
What is your favorite John Denver song?

Rocky mountain high because its the only title I recognize.

That's so hard to choose! Grandma's feather bed was good too!

His rendition of you are the wind beneath my wings. He must have dedicated that one to his ex wife. :mrgreen:

Thank God I'm a Country Boy...when I was a girl, the Kansas City Royals would play this song every time Paul Splittorff came to the mound to pitch. It really brings back memories of my childhood. Great pitcher, too.

Thank God I'm a Country Boy...when I was a girl, the Kansas City Royals would play this song every time Paul Splittorff came to the mound to pitch. It really brings back memories of my childhood. Great pitcher, too.
By the way, Paul Splittorff and Frank White will always be the voice of the Royals to me. I can't even begin to count the number of nights my brother and I would be out in the backyard playing baseball with a wiffle bat and ball and have the Royals on the radio. Ah, memories ...

By the way, Paul Splittorff and Frank White will always be the voice of the Royals to me. I can't even begin to count the number of nights my brother and I would be out in the backyard playing baseball with a wiffle bat and ball and have the Royals on the radio. Ah, memories ...

I just remember how Denny Matthews used to say, "Up to bat, Designated Hitter, Hal Mack Ray." I used to lay in bed during elementary school, and listen to the games on a radio that I kept hidden under the covers so my mom wouldn't bust me for staying up too late.

(Hal MacRae)

I just remember how Denny Matthews used to say, "Up to bat, Designated Hitter, Hal Mack Ray." I used to lay in bed during elementary school, and listen to the games on a radio that I kept hidden under the covers so my mom wouldn't bust me for staying up too late.

(Hal MacRae)
Wait, now I can't remember, was Split on the TV? Was it Split and Denny on the radio in the mid-80s?

I must be getting old -- my memory is fading. :(

Wait, now I can't remember, was Split on the TV? Was it Split and Denny on the radio in the mid-80s?

I must be getting old -- my memory is fading. :(

Split was on TV. Denny Matthews and Frank White were on the radio.

My grandpa used to run a nursery in Missouri, and Split and Frank White both bought trees from him. Which, of course, thrilled my Grandpa, who I don't think ever missed watching/listening to a Royal's game.

I forgot to include "Some Days are Diamonds."

Sorry.

Country Roads. It used to make me cry when my family wasn't living in WV.

Back
Top Bottom