• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your fav sayings, includes ones that you claim as your own

You can wish in one hand and crap in the other. See what one fills up first - Dad
My dad had a few. When it was really cold he'd say it was colder than a witches tit.

When talking about something illegal he'd say illegal was a sick bird.

He also called Sundays "Fat Sundays" during football season because we sat around all day eating and watching ball games.

Been enjoying a desktop daily calendar I bought with bits of wisdom. Today's

Between the great things we cannot do and the small things we will not do the danger is that we shall do nothing.

Adolph Monod

My siggy is my favorite, and is the part of the philosophy that keeps me calm and content. Wish I'd read it in my youth!

When I was working my favorite saying was "perfect is the enemy of good" -Voltaire

Had been thinking about what saying I use. Of all the ones I heard throughout my life. I don't recall using most of them. I heard a lot of them!

Mine are

Time is money
Penny wise and pound foolish
If it aint broke don't fix it

Last edited:
Another from my calendar.

I Have Just Three Things To Teach:

Simplicity, Patience, Compassion. These Three Are Your Greatest Treasures.

LAO TZU

Irish coffee is the perfect food.
It contains all of the four basic food groups:
Alcohol, caffine, sugar and fat.

Life is hard...then you die.~ A stoner dude

Dwelling in anger is like picking up hot coals to throw at someone...you are the one burned.~Buddha

Live long and prosper - Spock

Life's but a walking shadow. A poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing - WS

Your fav sayings, links if you have them, and includes ones that you claim as your own
Add your own.

Mine
3 things one notices when growing old (male perspective)

Winters get longer

Summers get shorter

Women get prettier

Jump in the waters warm
"Every day you can get up in the morning and put your feet on the ground is a good day." - Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage, poet, philosopher, pork sausage producer, American.

From the Military
Smokem if you got them, rest go thru the motions
Make your self useful

One I used forever when something good happens or comes together. "That's just like sex and peanut butter."

My two favorite T shirts:
1) Save water. Shower with a friend.
2) I'm yours forever. (You'll have to pay to have me hauled away.)

Every year they claim a product is New and Improved... It maybe new somehow but it is rarely improved... ✌️

Back
Top Bottom