• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your dream burger

But not on Monday.

No not Monday... not sure what Monday is other than I'm going to be driving back home from Seattle for a long weekend trip.

Even before I'd been to the Northstar Cafe in Columbus, Ohio, I'd heard about their veggie burgers.

My mouth is watering just reading the recipe. I think I'd try it with some good feta though.
Thanks

inspired by another burger thread without pics:mrgreen:
post your own pic! I made it today with avocado ,beet root, crream cheese and arugula

View attachment 67200369
A burger has to have something that at least pretends to be meat. It's a requirement. Even a "veggie burger" qualifies, but this does not.

The okie burger from Bill's Jumbo burger.Nothing really fancy about this.
o.jpg

Attachments

• photo%u00252B1-750869.JPG
    photo%u00252B1-750869.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 47
This is a central Illinois thing. They call it a horseshoe:

Horse shoe half eaten.jpg
Texas Toast, Hamburger, Fries with rarebit cheese sauce on top of it all. Ive seen all kinds of variations to sausage and gravy versions with hashbrowns, mushroom and swiss versions, Mexican versions with pico de gallo, And of course with bacon. It is in no way good for you and a ton of calories, I haven't had one in a few years honestly.

Rarebit is usually white cheddar, Worcestershire sauce, Beer, salt, pepper and mustard.

Other people in this thread have mentioned this...

...but if you use low fat ground beef...you will get a hockey puck...not a hamburger worthy of the name.

I use 80% beef...don't make my patties especially large...and enjoy them on potato bread hamburger rolls. Melted cheese of some sort...Velvetta; Swiss; cheese wizz...large slice of Vidalia onion; bread and butter pickles; a bit of lettuce. No ketchup.

I prefer potato salad as a side rather than fries.

Well, the thread title involves dream burgers, not necessarily burgers I have in front of me. I don't have a meat grinder anyway, but it's what I'd do.

However, I have had something pretty close. A fancy restaurant in Cambridge, MA called "Craigie on Main" sometimes offers limited numbers of burgers made in pretty much that way. I'm not sure if they use ribeye as opposed to sirloin, but the bone marrow is definitely in there. Best burger I've ever had.

But they only serve it at the bar and only in limited quantities....

Well, the thread title involves dream burgers, not necessarily burgers I have in front of me. I don't have a meat grinder anyway, but it's what I'd do.

However, I have had something pretty close. A fancy restaurant in Cambridge, MA called "Craigie on Main" sometimes offers limited numbers of burgers made in pretty much that way. I'm not sure if they use ribeye as opposed to sirloin, but the bone marrow is definitely in there. Best burger I've ever had.

But they only serve it at the bar and only in limited quantities....

kimchi-mushroom-burger-1-copy.jpg

Kimchi Mushroom Burgers | My Goodness Kitchen

kimchi-mushroom-burger-3.jpg

I can't even make this burger myself. A grilled Chili's applewood bacon, melted cheddar with the garden, mayo and mustard. It's an asskicker.

jalapeno-smokehouse-bacon-burger-chilis.jpg

The only kind of burger I'm eating is going to involve red meat.

Maybe I'll have mushrooms and a salad on the side, but the burger itself needs a little bloody juice to drip out when I bite down.

lentil burgers are pretty damn good. so are chickpea burgers

vegan-lentil-burgers-recipe-chef-michael-smith-walmart-live-better-2013.jpg

colleen-chickpea-burgers3.jpg

did you ever try ?

I have, several times, tastes like something went seriously wrong in the making, every time. Most folks I know call it "feelawful".

LOL thats not a burger!

Here's my dream burger- its gotta have cheese and bacon, lotsa bacon!

Also a thick bun to handle all the lovely gooeyness. And it must have fries to go with it (and onion rings).

rBJL0fY.jpg

German mustard, peanut butter on the bun, yes I said peanut butter.

If you wish spicy pickled eggplant- and beer, good beer that is.
Gravy on the fries

I have, several times, tastes like something went seriously wrong in the making, every time. Most folks I know call it "feelawful".

it is a middle eastern food ,you may try it in the right place

it is a middle eastern food ,you may try it in the right place

Again, I have, many times. In fact first time was back in the late 60s, early 70s. Wanted to like it, my then hippie girlfriend did. Then again, I'm not a fan of middle eastern foods in general. I'd only eat goat if I were starving and that's what ME cuisine reminds me of - food I'd only eat if starving (or to be polite to my hosts).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom