• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

YOUR demographic. Rural or Urban

I am

• Total voters

Guyzilla

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The country seems to be split up into rural, AGAINST urban. And so I ask, your relative political stripe, along with your surroundings.

The country seems to be split up into rural, AGAINST urban. And so I ask, your relative political stripe, along with your surroundings.
I am left-leaning in an urban-suburban area.

A left-of-center Centrist, and living in as urban an area as there is in the US.
But it's also worth noting that the left/right delineations have shifted decidedly rightward in my lifetime.

I currently live in a tiny rural town, but I grew up in a medium sized suburb, and attended college, lived and worked in a major cosmopolitan city for almost half of my life.

So, I don't believe this survey accurately captures the correlation that the OP is looking for.

Well...let's see...

Born on a farm, lived there two years. Lived in a major city for seven years. Lived in a foreign country for four years. Lived in suburban for three years. Lived in a foreign country for two years. Lived in suburban for two years. Lived in a major city for eight years. Lived in a foreign country for seven years. Lived in a rural town for thirty years. (all times are approximate)

You tell me. Which of your little boxes do I fit into?

Well...let's see...

Born on a farm, lived there two years. Lived in a major city for seven years. Lived in a foreign country for four years. Lived in suburban for three years. Lived in a foreign country for two years. Lived in suburban for two years. Lived in a major city for eight years. Lived in a foreign country for seven years. Lived in a rural town for thirty years. (all times are approximate)

You tell me. Which of your little boxes do I fit into?
Self described genius, DUH.

Environmentally left, fiscally and socially right.

I live in the burbs......kind of. I have acres and acres of woods and a lake next to my house, and dairy farms.

Centrist (Fiscally conservative, socially more generous but with limits) and pragmatist. Used to be urban and rural (apartment in the city and home in the countryside for 35 years) but now suburban for the last four years. So in the balance centrist/suburban I guess. I would have elected for "other" if that option was open to me.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

What seems clear by the poll, is that the MAJORITY, the VAST majority, is URBAN/suburban. And we have the votes. We have the political power, and, WE WILL DOmINATE. Unless the right wing suppresses.

Corrupt urban one party ruled serfdoms with their thumbs on the scale for generations.

What seems clear by the poll, is that the MAJORITY, the VAST majority, is URBAN/suburban. And we have the votes. We have the political power, and, WE WILL DOmINATE. Unless the right wing suppresses.

:rolleyes:

Until you need toilet paper.

Ultraconservative here. I live in the suburbs.

I live in the suburbs now, but I grew up in a very liberal rural area. Even then it was mostly "town kids" vs "country kids" on the playground. Of course it was always everyone against the poor kids.

IF you’re so dominent, how the hell would the RW suppress?

Liberal, suburban. I grew up in Denver, but it wasn't as liberal back then.

😊 I live in a more red area of San Diego County. I'm slightly conservative.

However, ...
Though not quite the resurgence they hoped for, California Republicans made significant gains around the state in this month’s election and are on pace to pick up three of the state’s 53 House seats, putting the party at 11.
San Diego County was not part of that trend.

Republicans make gains in California but miss in San Diego - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Jerry Mander he is that powerful
Is this a reference to the liberal claim of gerrymandering whereby liberals complain they are being hosed because they can’t win legislative races?

Back
Top Bottom