• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Your Democrat Party Is Gone

RightConservative

Reaction score
If you are a person in your late forties or older, you know (or should know) that the Democrat Party you once knew no longer exists. The Democrat Party of years ago is gone and does not appear likely to return.

Who are the troubling mischief makers these days?

The bulk of today's Democrat leaders, who subscribe to a political ideology and act and obstruct in ways that undermine America and undo much of what is good about America. The radical far left secular extremists have used America's judiciary, both federal and state, to implement a "social" agenda that could not win the approval of either the voters in referenda or the voters' elected representatives in the legislative and executive branches of government. And the Senate Democrats have tried mightily (albeit unconstitutionally) to block President Bush's voter-authorized effort to appoint strict constructionists to the federal courts by denying up-or-down votes contemplated by the Constitution. Under the Constitution, a simple majority suffices for approval of a President's nominee. But a willful Democrat minority blocked a number of President Bush's federal appellate court nominees during his first term and tried to continue to do so during his second term. Only a well founded fear that Republicans, whose Senate majority had been increased as a result of the 2004 elections, would exercise the constitutional option (which Democrats refer to as the nuclear option, in an effort to strike terror in people's hearts) ended the obstruction.

Read the rest

--------------

Did anyone NOT know this would happen?

RightConservative said:
If you are a person in your late forties or older, you know (or should know) that the Democrat Party you once knew no longer exists. The Democrat Party of years ago is gone and does not appear likely to return.

The bulk of today's Democrat leaders, who subscribe to a political ideology and act and obstruct in ways that undermine America and undo much of what is good about America. The radical far left secular extremists have used America's judiciary, both federal and state, to implement a "social" agenda that could not win the approval of either the voters in referenda or the voters' elected representatives in the legislative and executive branches of government. And the Senate Democrats have tried mightily (albeit unconstitutionally) to block President Bush's voter-authorized effort to appoint strict constructionists to the federal courts by denying up-or-down votes contemplated by the Constitution. Under the Constitution, a simple majority suffices for approval of a President's nominee. But a willful Democrat minority blocked a number of President Bush's federal appellate court nominees during his first term and tried to continue to do so during his second term. Only a well founded fear that Republicans, whose Senate majority had been increased as a result of the 2004 elections, would exercise the constitutional option (which Democrats refer to as the nuclear option, in an effort to strike terror in people's hearts) ended the obstruction.

Read the rest

--------------

And are you asserting this religious right dominated, neocon, pro-debt, big spending, big deficit, big government Republican party is the same as it decades ago?

Seems like we are seeing more and more "Democrats are history" claims from the Republicans. I reckon its a sign they are (rightly) worried about what is going on and see their best course is to demonize the opponent.

There has certainly been a conservative shift, but a party that managed to scrape together 48% of the vote against an incumbent war-time president doesn't seem quite on the "outs" to me.

RightConservative said:

Read the rest

--------------

Did anyone NOT know this would happen?

Dear RC, ...You are very observant & so very correct. Caution: You will be on the recieving end of name calling.

Shame on you for telling the truth, ..& for those remaining in denial!:smile:

Iriemon said:
And are you asserting this religious right dominated, neocon, pro-debt, big spending, big deficit, big government Republican party is the same as it decades ago?

Seems like we are seeing more and more "Democrats are history" claims from the Republicans. I reckon its a sign they are (rightly) worried about what is going on and see their best course is to demonize the opponent.

There has certainly been a conservative shift, but a party that managed to scrape together 48% of the vote against an incumbent war-time president doesn't seem quite on the "outs" to me.

Dear Iriemon , ...You are very observant & so very correct. Caution: You will be on the recieving end of name calling.

Shame on you for telling the truth, ..& for those remaining in denial! :smile:

IIRC...It wasn't that so many years ago that the demise of the Republican party was predicted. Hmmmmm... maybe they just missed it by a few years.

:rofl

What we have is 3 double term presidents in a row that have over stepped themselves, abused power, abused the public trust, and basically just embarrassed themselves.
If this isn't a good reason to go to a single 6 year term, I don't know what is.

I have to agree.....The dmeocratic party of JFK, "Scoop" Jackson, and Zell Miller is gone forever........It has been hijacked by the radical left wing of the party...........The leaders are far left liberals like Kerry, Kennedy, Dean and Pelosi................Moderates have no chance at the national level........

It is sad to see what the democratic party has become and until the dump the left wing whacko leadership and move to the center they will continue to lose national elections..........

Umm....Navy Pride, the Solid South is gone forever-and with that means that Zell Miller would never be elected on a Democratic ticket in the south today. And please tell me that you actually know what the solid south is....

ShamMol said:
Umm....Navy Pride, the Solid South is gone forever-and with that means that Zell Miller would never be elected on a Democratic ticket in the south today. And please tell me that you actually know what the solid south is....

There is no room for A Zell Miller in the democratic party.........As late as 1992 he made the nomination speech for Clinton because Clinton fooled him and ran as a moderate and as soon as he got elected he ruled from the left.........

Make no mistake about it Miller is beloved in Georgia and can win in any election he ran in...........

I don't know what the solid south is you mention, I just know when your party runs snobbish, elite liberal like Gore and Kerry they will carry very few states in the south if any...........Hell Gore could not even carry his home state of Tenn. in 2000.........That is unheard of in a presidential election and says volumes............

Hell I am trying to help you liberals when I tell you to move your party back to the center............As it is your party is not competitive now........When you have a President like Bush and all his baggage and he can get reelected by 3,000,000 votes that says volumes as to how flawed your candidates were.......

Navy Pride said:
I have to agree.....The dmeocratic party of JFK, "Scoop" Jackson, and Zell Miller is gone forever........It has been hijacked by the radical left wing of the party...........The leaders are far left liberals like Kerry, Kennedy, Dean and Pelosi................Moderates have no chance at the national level........

Pot...kettle...black... And how much chance does a John McCain or Rudy Giuliani have of winning the Republican nomination?

Navy Pride said:
It is sad to see what the democratic party has become and until the dump the left wing whacko leadership and move to the center they will continue to lose national elections..........

So because a few hundred people in Florida decided the 2000 election, and 140,000 in Ohio decided the 2004 election, you can conclude that the Democrats will "continue to lose national elections"? Seems to me that both of the last two elections were close enough that something as simple as the weather on Election Day could've significantly changed the outcome.

Kandahar said:
Pot...kettle...black... And how much chance does a John McCain or Rudy Giuliani have of winning the Republican nomination?

So because a few hundred people in Florida decided the 2000 election, and 140,000 in Ohio decided the 2004 election, you can conclude that the Democrats will "continue to lose national elections"? Seems to me that both of the last two elections were close enough that something as simple as the weather on Election Day could've significantly changed the outcome.

I think McCain has a great chance to win the Republican nomination, a hell of a lot better then a moderate like Mark Warner of wiinning the dem nomination that is for sure......

As far as elections go when you keep nominating flawed candidates like Kerry and Gore you will continue to lose elections and bring on the "Ice Princess" Hillary........

I don't know how many voters are like me, in that I tend to vote Republican because the Democrats put up such crappy candidates. I am not a party line voter and will vote Dem as soon as they present a candidate that is presentable.
With the latest Bush antics, it could be that some Republicans will vote Democrat next time around just because of his antics.
Call it voting against the other guy, instead of for your guy, or the lesser of 2 evils, but the only alternative is to stay home and not participate in the process.

UtahBill said:
I don't know how many voters are like me, in that I tend to vote Republican because the Democrats put up such crappy candidates. I am not a party line voter and will vote Dem as soon as they present a candidate that is presentable.
With the latest Bush antics, it could be that some Republicans will vote Democrat next time around just because of his antics.
Call it voting against the other guy, instead of for your guy, or the lesser of 2 evils, but the only alternative is to stay home and not participate in the process.

I too have voted both democrat and republican in the past and would vote for a moderate democrat in a heart beat if I liked him better then the republican's nominee......

As I have said tthough that is not possible because the dems only nominate loser liberals like Gore and Kerry and even though I have my disagreements with Bush it becomes a no brainer as to who to vote for......

Teh Democratic party will come back with a vengance in 2008 to the point that the neocons will wish they never heard of them. The shrub is going out of his way with his incompetance to help them along.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Old and wise said:
Teh Democratic party will come back with a vengance in 2008 to the point that the neocons will wish they never heard of them. The shrub is going out of his way with his incompetance to help them along.:lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard that in 2000, 2002, and 2004 and it ain't happened yet......

Hey why don't you libs nominate Cindy Sheehan for prez......:lol:

Old and wise said:

I reckon the US death toll in Iraq will be around 4000 by 2008, wounded around 25,000. Probably Iraqi deaths will be over 50,000, but who cares about them, we don't even bother to count. We will have a few less soldiers in Iraq, so Bush can say that thinks are going great, but there but still the main force there, getting shot at, to prop up the US supported Govt. Bush won't pull the troops out because he's too arrogant to admit he has made a mistake. It could be a disaster for the Republicans.

Then again, if things magically turn around and all the insurgents suddenly decided to stop fighting against the invaders, things won't be so bad. They've been promising us that things will magically turn around for 2 years now and it hasn't happened, but that is the gamble Bush took with his war.

The country will be almost $10 trillion in debt by then, paying $500 billion a year in interest, but nobody cares about that, as long as they get their tax deferrments, err, I mean, cuts.

Iriemon said:
I reckon the US death toll in Iraq will be around 4000 by 2008, wounded around 25,000. Probably Iraqi deaths will be over 50,000, but who cares about them, we don't even bother to count. We will have a few less soldiers in Iraq, so Bush can say that thinks are going great, but there but still the main force there, getting shot at, to prop up the US supported Govt. Bush won't pull the troops out because he's too arrogant to admit he has made a mistake. It could be a disaster for the Republicans.

Then again, if things magically turn around and all the insurgents suddenly decided to stop fighting against the invaders, things won't be so bad. They've been promising us that things will magically turn around for 2 years now and it hasn't happened, but that is the gamble Bush took with his war.

The country will be almost $10 trillion in debt by then, paying $500 billion a year in interest, but nobody cares about that, as long as they get their tax deferrments, err, I mean, cuts.

Yeah and you sent your tax refund back right......:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Yeah and you sent your tax refund back right......:roll:

I don't get it?

Iriemon said:
I don't get it?

as long as they get their tax deferrments, err, I mean, cuts.

Your words, did you send your tax cuts back?

I hear liberals whinning all the time about the Bush tax cuts but I have yet to hear one say he refused his.......Don't think I will either........

It is obvious that todays democratic party establishment.Is not the party of FDR, JFK orLBJ .the support they have is there only because they are not honest about their beliefs with the rank & file . If the leadership of the democratic party ever came out and admitted what their real aims are .They would lose more often and by bigger margins.

Navy Pride said:
Your words, did you send your tax cuts back?

I hear liberals whinning all the time about the Bush tax cuts but I have yet to hear one say he refused his.......Don't think I will either........

What are you nuts? I should pay more taxes than I have too?! LMFAO!!!!! Good one! BTW, did you send in your paycheck or pension to help pay for the war in Iraq?

JOHNYJ said:
It is obvious that todays democratic party establishment.Is not the party of FDR, JFK orLBJ .the support they have is there only because they are not honest about their beliefs with the rank & file . If the leadership of the democratic party ever came out and admitted what their real aims are .They would lose more often and by bigger margins.

My father was a Dem until some time after LBJ, then became a Republican.
He was also a loyal union member until he got elected to an office in the union, and got to see the inner workings. His attitude changed on that as well.
The Democrat party changed, seems the far left of the party has taken over, but the Republican party has changed also. The far right religionists have hijacked it. Many within the party have seen this and are worried about where GWB is taking us.
I am not loyal to the party of the elephant, even tho I usually vote that way.
Only McCain or someone like him can save the Republican party from a much deserved loss in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom