• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Your Child is Homosexual

Lilith

Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2005
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Location
Centrist Coast of California
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Sometimes all the squabbling is just dizzying. So many agendas, so little time. So I ask you to look at it this way and argue this point. What would be your reaction if your adult-ish child told you he/she were homosexual. Seriously. How do you think you would react? Would it be good, bad, neutral? IF bad, would you feel responsible? How would it affect your family? Would it change your mind about anything? Try to answer genuinely and with compassion. I prefer you keep the slinging to a minimum.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Neutral. I would honestly feel the same as if my child had told me they were a hetrosexual. The only thing that would worry me is any hardships they might face because of it. I don't know why anyone would feel good. I suppose that if your child has enough trust in you to confide in you, that is a good thing. But it is really no different from being attracted to the opposite sex. At least it shouldn't be.
 
Last edited:

JustineCredible

Wading through the Mire
DP Veteran
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
91
Location
Eastern Standard Time zone
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Honestly, if my adolescent son came to me and told me he believed he was gay I would be concerned, but no more so than I was when he announced that he believed he was straight.
What I am concerned about is him having all the information, being responsible and making sure he's safe, healthy and doesn't take advantage of others or let others take advantage of him.
But I guess because I'm a lesbian, it's not really a fair question to me.

Let's watch and see what others may say.
 

jpwright

New member
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I would be proud that my son told me, at least. Other than that I would be neutral, it's his sexuality, not mine, and I would give him the freedom to choose whatever he wanted as long as he was safe, happy, and out of danger.
 

NancyP

New member
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Political Leaning
Private
JustineCredible, when you say "Lesbian", are you from the Isle of Lesbos, as in Los Angelean from Los Angeles or do you mean homosexual?

Now let me ask you this, what if your child came to you and said she believed she engaged in any of the below sexual paraphilias?:
(check off which ones you would be tolerant of and which ones you would be intolerant of)

Acrotomophilia
Algolagnia
Agalmatophilia
Apotemnophilia
Autogynephilia
Biastophilia
Coprophagia
Coprophilia
Emetophilia
Frotteurism
Harpaxophilia
Hybristophilia
Incest/Inbreeding
Mysophilia
Necrophilia
Pedophilia
Pyrophilia
Scarification
Urophilia
Vorarephilia
Zoophilia/Beastiality
 

JustineCredible

Wading through the Mire
DP Veteran
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
91
Location
Eastern Standard Time zone
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
jpwright said:
I would be proud that my son told me, at least. Other than that I would be neutral, it's his sexuality, not mine, and I would give him the freedom to choose whatever he wanted as long as he was safe, happy, and out of danger.
Hmmm...I wonder about your "choice" of the word "choose."

Do you feel sexuality is chosen?
 

jpwright

New member
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
JustineCredible said:
Hmmm...I wonder about your "choice" of the word "choose."

Do you feel sexuality is chosen?
Honestly, I don't really know. I'd probably think otherwise, but in the context of my post, though, the freedom of choice that I considered was his freedom to choose to be open about his sexuality, and his freedom to identify himself as a homosexual.
 

Lilith

Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2005
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Location
Centrist Coast of California
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
NancyP said:
what if your child came to you and said she believed she engaged in any of the below sexual paraphilias?:
(check off which ones you would be tolerant of and which ones you would be intolerant of)

Acrotomophilia
Algolagnia
Agalmatophilia
Apotemnophilia
Autogynephilia
Biastophilia
Coprophagia
Coprophilia
Emetophilia
Frotteurism
Harpaxophilia
Hybristophilia
Incest/Inbreeding
Mysophilia
Necrophilia
Pedophilia
Pyrophilia
Scarification
Urophilia
Vorarephilia
Zoophilia/Beastiality
Hmmm... It isn't hard to see where you stand on this. You are suggesting being homosexual is equal to any of those? I can tell you right now, that if my child (or anyone else for that matter) told me they were homosexual, they would get the same response as if they had told me anything else. It would be welcomed and met with compassion and support. I can also tell you, that if I were to find out right now that YOU were my child I'd be ashamed.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
NancyP said:
JustineCredible, when you say "Lesbian", are you from the Isle of Lesbos, as in Los Angelean from Los Angeles or do you mean homosexual?

Now let me ask you this, what if your child came to you and said she believed she engaged in any of the below sexual paraphilias?:
(check off which ones you would be tolerant of and which ones you would be intolerant of)

Acrotomophilia
Algolagnia
Agalmatophilia
Apotemnophilia
Autogynephilia
Biastophilia
Coprophagia
Coprophilia
Emetophilia
Frotteurism
Harpaxophilia
Hybristophilia
Incest/Inbreeding
Mysophilia
Necrophilia
Pedophilia
Pyrophilia
Scarification
Urophilia
Vorarephilia
Zoophilia/Beastiality
Congratulations. :applaud You can make a list of things that have absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality. If you have a point, just say it, though I already know it will be wrong.
 

NancyP

New member
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Political Leaning
Private
JustineCredible,

Is it your position that if people do not "choose" to engage in behaviors, but they never the less engage in those behaviors, that they should be excused for those behaviors?

But anyway, I am waiting for your answer to my earlier post.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
NancyP said:
JustineCredible,

Is it your position that if people do not "choose" to engage in behaviors, but they never the less engage in those behaviors, that they should be excused for those behaviors?

But anyway, I am waiting for your answer to my earlier post.
Did you choose to be hetrosexual (assuming you are).

No

Do you engage in the behavior of hetrosexuality anyway?

Yes

Should you be excused for engaging in hetrosexual behaviors?

Why should you be?

Now substitute homosexual for hetro. See, still makes sense.
 

JustineCredible

Wading through the Mire
DP Veteran
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
91
Location
Eastern Standard Time zone
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
jpwright said:
Honestly, I don't really know. I'd probably think otherwise, but in the context of my post, though, the freedom of choice that I considered was his freedom to choose to be open about his sexuality, and his freedom to identify himself as a homosexual.
Fair enough, just wanted to hear it from you what your use of the word intaled...thank you. I appreciated your reply. :smile:
 

JustineCredible

Wading through the Mire
DP Veteran
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
91
Location
Eastern Standard Time zone
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
NancyP said:
JustineCredible, when you say "Lesbian", are you from the Isle of Lesbos, as in Los Angelean from Los Angeles or do you mean homosexual?
Hate to inform you, but the word "Lesbian" was dirived from (Yes) the Isle of Lesbos, but it is a GREEK Island, not Los Angeles California. I really don't know what trip you're on here.

NancyP said:
Now let me ask you this, what if your child came to you and said she believed she engaged in any of the below sexual paraphilias?:
(check off which ones you would be tolerant of and which ones you would be intolerant of)
Homosexuality is NOT a paraphilia. This thread was discussing homosexuality and only such. To attempt to attack me personally by trying to jump track with your personal issues is simply dishonest.

Paraphilia

To be honest, I don't know why you are coming back here after being banned as often as you have been. Is it a personal issue you have with me? If so, please refrain from engaging me any further.
 

NancyP

New member
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Political Leaning
Private
Now substitute homosexual for hetro. See, still makes sense.
No, I dont' see, and it doesn't make sense.

Now let's take your post and remove the word homosexual, and insert any of the below terms:
Now substitute _________ for hetro. See, still makes sense
Which of the below sexual perversions do you also think still "make sense"?

Acrotomophilia
Algolagnia
Agalmatophilia
Apotemnophilia
Autogynephilia
Biastophilia
Coprophagia
Coprophilia
Emetophilia
Frotteurism
Harpaxophilia
Hybristophilia
Incest/Inbreeding
Mysophilia
Necrophilia
Pedophilia
Pyrophilia
Scarification
Urophilia
Vorarephilia
Zoophilia/Beastiality

JustineCredible, homosexuality is a paraphilia, no matter what one particular U.S. based homosexual activist psychological association says, but as can be seen by your claim, now people can see why homosexuals fought so hard to get the APA to remove it from their particular organization listing, so homosexuals could quote from it! Pretty nifty trick!

But are you aware of how the APA came to remove it? Look it up, as if people did, maybe they wouldn't be quite so quick to quote from the APA, the same homosexual infiltrated organization that also now is working to remove pedophilia from their list of paraphilias. Seems self serving, don't you think?
 
Last edited:

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
JustineCredible said:
To be honest, I don't know why you are coming back here after being banned as often as you have been. Is it a personal issue you have with me? If so, please refrain from engaging me any further.
Aw, I dunno. I think it's kind of funny, in a pathetic sort of way. Besides, it must be cool to be banned so often. I mean, it's not like anyone takes him/her/them/it seriously...
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
NancyP said:
No, I dont' see, and it doesn't make sense.

Now let's take your post and remove the word homosexual, and insert any of the below terms:

Which of the below sexual perversions do you also think still "make sense"?

Acrotomophilia
Algolagnia
Agalmatophilia
Apotemnophilia
Autogynephilia
Biastophilia
Coprophagia
Coprophilia
Emetophilia
Frotteurism
Harpaxophilia
Hybristophilia
Incest/Inbreeding
Mysophilia
Necrophilia
Pedophilia
Pyrophilia
Scarification
Urophilia
Vorarephilia
Zoophilia/Beastiality
None, of them. Cause it doesn't make sense. Homosexuality is natural. Whatever you think.
 

NancyP

New member
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Political Leaning
Private
Kelzie claimed:

None, of them. Cause it doesn't make sense. Homosexuality is natural.
So your position is that every sexual paraphilia I could rapidly find "doesn't make sense", but the paraphilia of homosexuality just conveniently happens to be the only one that does? lol......

Now, go ahead and argue how "homosexuality makes sense". Choose your words carefully, since I will attempt to use your justifications for homosexual paraphilia for all the other above paraphilias. Or if your position is really weak, you can always run away from being trapped by your own words by refusing to argue how "homosexuality makes sense".
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
NancyP said:
Kelzie claimed:



So your position is that every sexual paraphilia I could rapidly find "doesn't make sense", but the paraphilia of homosexuality just conveniently happens to be the only one that does? lol......

Now, go ahead and argue how "homosexuality makes sense". Choose your words carefully, since I will attempt to use your justifications for homosexual paraphilia for all the other above paraphilias. Or if your position is really weak, you can always run away from being trapped by your own words by refusing to argue how "homosexuality makes sense".
See now, you could at least make it challenging.

Homosexuality isn't a paraphilia.

See how easy that was? Try to throw a curve ball next time...like oh, I don't know, it's a sin against God, they molest children, they are responsible for the downfall of our society, they are the anti-Christ...

See, I'm even helping you out...
 

NancyP

New member
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Political Leaning
Private
Well, I challenged you with the following:
Or if your position is really weak, you can always run away from being trapped by your own words by refusing to argue how "homosexuality makes sense".
And I see your response was to choose the "run away" option......
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
NancyP said:
Well, I challenged you with the following:

And I see your response was to choose the "run away" option......
No I'm not running away. I said homosexuality makes sense because...wait for it...it is not a paraphilia. It is natural! Prove that it isn't. Or are you just going to run away.
 

Lilith

Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2005
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Location
Centrist Coast of California
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
And you never answered the original question. Instead you took it off track onto your own agenda in post #5.
 

RightinNYC

Girthless
DP Veteran
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
25,894
Reaction score
12,484
Location
New York, NY
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
NancyP said:
Well, I challenged you with the following:

And I see your response was to choose the "run away" option......
Bye bye baby.....

BANNED

Libertarian, creating more and more names won't do a damn thing until you learn to hide your bigotry.

If i've made an error, feel free to contact me and plead your case.
 

teacher

DP Veteran
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
30
Location
Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Lilith said:
Sometimes all the squabbling is just dizzying. So many agendas, so little time. So I ask you to look at it this way and argue this point. What would be your reaction if your adult-ish child told you he/she were homosexual. Seriously. How do you think you would react? Would it be good, bad, neutral? IF bad, would you feel responsible? How would it affect your family? Would it change your mind about anything? Try to answer genuinely and with compassion. I prefer you keep the slinging to a minimum.
Perhaps the only people that should be able to post on this thread are people with children. If you don't have children you don't know the love of having children. I know childless people hate that but it's true. Two times in life you get that weird parent feeling. When your told you or your spouse is pregnant. And when your child is born. It can't be explained. So only people with children can realistically answer this question. Any one with children that couldn't accept their child being gay are friggin monsters not deserving children. Then really almost this whole thread is moot because the only discussion there should be is with a monster who hates their own children. And I couldn't talk to such a person. So it would be a whole thread consisting of Lilith's first post and then monsters confessing to other monsters. Am I making sense here?

I guess my biggest reaction would be, damn, no grandkids?
 
Last edited:
A

Androvski

NancyP said:
JustineCredible, when you say "Lesbian", are you from the Isle of Lesbos, as in Los Angelean from Los Angeles or do you mean homosexual?

Now let me ask you this, what if your child came to you and said she believed she engaged in any of the below sexual paraphilias?:
(check off which ones you would be tolerant of and which ones you would be intolerant of)

Acrotomophilia
Algolagnia
Agalmatophilia
Apotemnophilia
Autogynephilia
Biastophilia
Coprophagia
Coprophilia
Emetophilia
Frotteurism
Harpaxophilia
Hybristophilia
Incest/Inbreeding
Mysophilia
Necrophilia
Pedophilia
Pyrophilia
Scarification
Urophilia
Vorarephilia
Zoophilia/Beastiality
I've got to hand it to you,you certainly know your "philias"!
I wonder why?
 

JustineCredible

Wading through the Mire
DP Veteran
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
91
Location
Eastern Standard Time zone
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
teacher said:
I guess my biggest reaction would be, damn, no grandkids?
Wow, what a selfish reaction.
Not to mention completely ignorant of the fact that more and more gay/lesbian couples are having and raising children.
To assume that because your child is gay that you won't get to bounce a grandchild on your knee is ridiculous.
My father got to bounce my son in his knee.
Granted my son was born out of a hideous lie of a relationship, but he's still my son and I am still a lesbian.

Many other gay/lesbian couples are opting for the same alternative forms of having children as straight couples do. Invetro, adoption, surrogacy...etc.
So that whole crack of "damn no grandkids" is simply not guaranteed.
 
Top Bottom