• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your bucket list

Smeagol

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What are things you want to do if you can ever get around to it. What are things you wanted to do that you finally did get around to.

To do:

- Visit Europe
- Visit Africa
- Visit Asia
- Visit Hawaii
- Visit South America
- Get an electric car
- Get an in ground pool
- Write my book
- Create my own open source Tom Tom GPS voice directions for the motoring public
- Start my foundation
- Create a political action committee...maybe
- Become fluent in Spanish

Have done:

...nothing! :lamo

Assist in the conversion of the south side of Mt. Kenya to organic tea production through The Tea Board of Kenya, thus securing the watershed.

Oh yea, and get this dissertation finished (that would be first).

I did my bucket list when I was a young man. Now, I'm paying for it. :mrgreen:

I'm a shallow guy, so my list would be small and most would be filled out already. Bang two strippers at once - done. Watch Michigan win a national championship - done (both football and basketball). Ski the double black diamonds at a couple resorts - done.

I'd have to do like the movie and change my list from a bunch of shallow ones (like Nicholson) to a bunch of touchy-feely, self-actualization ones (like Freeman). Lemme think about that one, and I'll get back to ya...

The problem with a bucket list is I keep adding to it. But the top four are
21 day Mediterranean cruise
Drive a race car
Move to an oceanfront condo never to be landlocked again. (if all goes well, hopefully very soon) I want to watch the sunrise over the ocean the rest of my days.
Swim with the dolphins

I want to drive a corvette on the Nurburgring, in Germany. Would prefer something comparable to the C5R, but I'd also live to drive MY vette, just to see how well my lap times stack up.

Mine's not too big.

I want to:

Travel across the continental US, and visit all the states I've always wanted to visit. (We are shooting for next summer)
Learn Spanish.
Visit Mexico.
Travel to Europe with no destination in mind, and no return date in mind.

- Visit certain places of archaeological interest.
- **** a supermodel.
- Visit CERN's LHC near Geneva.
- Rescue Joan of Arc (Yes, I realise that, but she didn't deserve it. I have to try.)
- Translate dark sentences.

What are things you want to do if you can ever get around to it. What are things you wanted to do that you finally did get around to.

To do:

- Visit Europe
- Visit Africa
- Visit Asia
- Visit Hawaii
- Visit South America
- Get an electric car
- Get an in ground pool
- Write my book
- Create my own open source Tom Tom GPS voice directions for the motoring public
- Start my foundation
- Create a political action committee...maybe
- Become fluent in Spanish

Have done:

...nothing! :lamo

I haven't thought about it much, to be honest.

The problem with a bucket list is I keep adding to it. But the top four are
21 day Mediterranean cruise
Drive a race car
Move to an oceanfront condo never to be landlocked again. (if all goes well, hopefully very soon) I want to watch the sunrise over the ocean the rest of my days.
Swim with the dolphins

Aka: retire to Florida. Yeah, very original. ;)

I know.

Overcome my terrifying fear of heights and sky dive.

It's fun, I've done it. If there was something I wanted to do along that vein, it would be to wingsuit, but that takes a lot of skydiving experience before they let you try it.

It's fun, I've done it. If there was something I wanted to do along that vein, it would be to wingsuit, but that takes a lot of skydiving experience before they let you try it.

I'll be fortunate if I don't have a massive heartattack when my feet leave the plane. :lol: So maybe if I put this on my list, it will be when I'm 80 and have nothing to lose if I don't make it.

I'd also really like to buy/build a house with some land and get a couple if horses. I suppose that's a lot more tame bullet for my list than sky diving.

I'm a simple woman and it doesn't take much to make me happy.

Lets see

Learn to fly airplanes - done
Learn to fly aerobatics - done
Have a enough money so that I can once again fly airplanes - work in progress
Learn to ride motorcycles - done
Buy a really fast motorcycle and not kill myself on it
Visit Rome
Visit Istanbul
Visit Japan
Visit Spain
Go back to school and get a law degree
Play classical guitar for pay
Finish learning Classical Latin and read Cicero.

West coast road trip
East coast road trip
Go to Japan, Germany, and possibly Russia
Become a non-starving artist :lol:

West coast road trip
East coast road trip

Love that last. My mother is still working on that one.

Assist in the conversion of the south side of Mt. Kenya to organic tea production through The Tea Board of Kenya, thus securing the watershed.

Oh yea, and get this dissertation finished (that would be first).

and being a member of polyandry in kenya :lol:

Aka: retire to Florida. Yeah, very original. ;)
-Hi Ecofarm. Actually Florida isn't on the list. The one thing that survived my likes that I couldn't get anywhere else but Florida is fresh grouper that can only be caught off the Gulf Coast. If I want fresh grouper where I live, it costs me over 47.00 a pound (2-8 oz. fillets) not including tax, handling, and shipping to have it delivered on dry ice overnight. Where we have been looking is Ocean Isle, North Carolina. It has been a family favorite for years for vacations. Our kids are now taking vacations with their families to the same place every year. Soooo our plan is to sell the homestead and buy two condos. One on Ocean Isle and one here in the vicinity we have lived for over 20 years. Before we know it our grandchildren will be ready to start college. The years pass so fast. We live just outside the state college in our state. They could use our condo here to live while attending Fall and Winter, Spring classes. It would surely take a burden off their parents paying for dorm fees. And during that time we would be living in the condo on Ocean Isle enjoying less harsh winters that are very much a part of our existence in our current location and enjoying a Spring that awakens months before we even see the first crocus bloom. We would return after Spring to our current location. The college student grandchild by that time, would be on summer break. And the Ocean Isle condo becomes a rental for vacationers giving my children first dibs on what weeks they want to vacation that year free of charge. The rest of the time is a means to make money on our investment. It's a plan and a good one at that. Cheers!

Go to every World cup while im alive! Been to Germany 2006 and S Africa 2010 and I am already planning on Brazil 2014. Qatar 2022 should be interesting lol

Last edited:
I have had a blast up to now. I wanna go to Europe and Australia but could pretty much anytime so I dont think it is really a bucket list thing. I dont think I have a bucket list.

That's cool. Ask her if she needs a travel partner. :lol:

Heh, she'd love it, but she can't afford it, nor can I or I'd send her. Was talking about the starving artist bit. She's a sort of pioneer in handmade paper sculpting, but her business acumen is in the negative numbers. Thus she remains a starving artist.

Heh, she'd love it, but she can't afford it, nor can I or I'd send her. Was talking about the starving artist bit. She's a sort of pioneer in handmade paper sculpting, but her business acumen is in the negative numbers. Thus she remains a starving artist.

I'd love to see the things that she makes. That sounds interesting. Does she have her art on a website?

I'd love to see the things that she makes. That sounds interesting. Does she have her art on a website?

Here's one of her pieces (not my favorite by a long shot).

InStoryArtAlumni2013.png

Used to have a website for her, but she's not very good at marketing or keeping up with posting.

Btw, these pieces she does are huge.

She exhibits at Sac State a lot.

Stop in Midwest on your way east for a day? :)

Aren't you already a non-starving artist?

West coast road trip
East coast road trip

Back
Top Bottom