• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your bucket list

I thought we had another thread like this somewhere, but the short version:

Get my pilot's license
Go to Scotland. The planning for this is already in progress, I go in 10 months for 12 days. I may or may not come back. :wink:

And for those of you who have sky diving on their list, I've been on the plane flying the jumpers at a boogie. Their all nuts. :mrgreen:

Stop in Midwest on your way east for a day? :)

Aren't you already a non-starving artist?

I will, and I may stay for longer than a day. It would be a natural stopping point to go up the east coast, see New England, then over to the Midwest, then head back south toward home.

I'm not starving, but I want to be able to quit my regular job. :mrgreen:

Here's one of her pieces (not my favorite by a long shot).

InStoryArtAlumni2013.png

Used to have a website for her, but she's not very good at marketing or keeping up with posting.

Btw, these pieces she does are huge.

She exhibits at Sac State a lot.

That is so cool!

You know you're welcome to Northville anytime. :)

I will, and I may stay for longer than a day. It would be a natural stopping point to go up the east coast, see New England, then over to the Midwest, then head back south toward home.

I'm not starving, but I want to be able to quit my regular job. :mrgreen:

Mine's not too big.

I want to:

Travel across the continental US, and visit all the states I've always wanted to visit. (We are shooting for next summer)
Learn Spanish.
Visit Mexico.
Travel to Europe with no destination in mind, and no return date in mind.

Everything is big to the individual that wants to see things come to be regardless. I hope they come a reality to you.

One item:

A bucket of Corona, a beach chair, an umbrella, the vast expanse of blue-green Caribbean waters in front of me, and a sultry woman in a bikini at my side.

...and two more hours before I have to wake up.

Quite frankly, I'd consider myself to be pretty damn "fulfilled" at the present moment if I could just land a job that happened to pay 30 grand a year.

Yes, I'm fully aware that this goal is pretty much a pipe dream in our current economy. :roll:

Mine's not too big.

I want to:

Travel across the continental US, and visit all the states I've always wanted to visit. (We are shooting for next summer)
Learn Spanish.
Visit Mexico.
Travel to Europe with no destination in mind, and no return date in mind.

My mom and aunt saw Western Europe one summer with a group tour through AAA. They are on a charted luxury bus that we t from city to city. The driver/tour guide knew all the places to see and what to avoid. If I recall this tour company also owned a chain of buffet style restaurants where they ate and offered both familiar stuff and local cuisine. It was consistent and everything; travel, meals and hotels were all included in the price of the trip. One guy on their tour from Hong Kong had been to Europe multiple times and said that was his most enjoyable and educational trip.

Aka: retire to Florida. Yeah, very original. ;)

Florida is a big state. The Keys are like being on tropical islands. North Florida is like bring in the south right on the border or Georgia and Alabama complete with winters in the 30s at night. Miami is Latin America. Central Florida is famous for their theme parks and tourist industry. Then you have all the inland areas, which is small towny and the Gulf Coast that's small towny with beaches. If money was not a factor, I'd go with either West Palm Beach that about a hour north of Miami and really ritzy or Clear Water, a nice beach community in the Tampa suburbs.

One item:

A bucket of Corona, a beach chair, an umbrella, the vast expanse of blue-green Caribbean waters in front of me, and a sultry woman in a bikini at my side.

...and two more hours before I have to wake up.

All I can hear as I read your post was that country song about being knee deep in the water somewhere

My mom and aunt saw Western Europe one summer with a group tour through AAA. They are on a charted luxury bus that we t from city to city. The driver/tour guide knew all the places to see and what to avoid. If I recall this tour company also owned a chain of buffet style restaurants where they ate and offered both familiar stuff and local cuisine. It was consistent and everything; travel, meals and hotels were all included in the price of the trip. One guy on their tour from Hong Kong had been to Europe multiple times and said that was his most enjoyable and educational trip.

Interesting -- I may have to look into that. One thing that always worries me about going to Europe is that I'd be treated like the Griswolds in European Vacation.

Quite frankly, I'd consider myself to be pretty damn "fulfilled" at the present moment if I could just land a job that happened to pay 30 grand a year.

Yes, I'm fully aware that this goal is pretty much a pipe dream in our current economy. :roll:

So what makes you so fulfilled?

Florida is a big state. The Keys are like being on tropical islands. North Florida is like bring in the south right on the border or Georgia and Alabama complete with winters in the 30s at night. Miami is Latin America. Central Florida is famous for their theme parks and tourist industry. Then you have all the inland areas, which is small towny and the Gulf Coast that's small towny with beaches. If money was not a factor, I'd go with either West Palm Beach that about a hour north of Miami and really ritzy or Clear Water, a nice beach community in the Tampa suburbs.

I grew up in Florida, been all those places. West Palm Beach is 2-3 hours north of Miami.

All I can hear as I read your post was that country song about being knee deep in the water somewhere

Haha!

You know, an ice cold Corona and lime wedge doesn't sound half bad right now. ;)

Interesting -- I may have to look into that. One thing that always worries me about going to Europe is that I'd be treated like the Griswolds in European Vacation.

She got really lucky. It was shortly after 9/11 where Americans were still afraid to fly so it was super cheap too. She didn't like Paris was her only mild complaint, more a factor of the people not being very friendly than anything else. They also didn't spend a lot of time in the UK, which is were it want to spend the whole trip. I'm sure they have different tour itineraries like cruises though.

She got really lucky. It was shortly after 9/11 where Americans were still afraid to fly so it was super cheap too. She didn't like Paris was her only mild complaint, more a factor of the people not being very friendly than anything else. They also didn't spend a lot of time in the UK, which is were it want to spend the whole trip. I'm sure they have different tour itineraries like cruises though.

I'd want to spend more time in England, Ireland and Scotland than anywhere, but I wouldn't be there without at least vising Paris, Germany and Rome, among other places.

yeah I wasn't going to argue with him, but I didn't remember West Palm being that far from Miami. Even in the middle of a hurricane, it didn't take us that long.

I've driven from (South) Miami to WPB a hundred times. It takes an hour to get past Ft. Lauderdale.

Last edited:
I'll supply the beach and the beach chairs if you supply the Corona and the lime. :D

You got it, lady. :D

Ladies night out, anyone?

Hmmm bucket list? Just about 4 years ago I got a pretty grim prognosis of 4 to 5 years one I'd like to see 4. Two I'd like to have my relationship with my step son

There's s wind tunnel ride you can take in Orlando's that blows upward and simulates free falling as skydivers experience but its only 4 feet off the ground.

I took my first cruise a few months ago. I'm doing that again!

I'd like to scuba dive. I'd also lie to try that weightlessness thing you can do on planes that descend at just the right speed so that everybody can float. Be close enough friends with a president to spend a weekend at Camp David and get behind the scenes tour of the White House including seeing parts that still show burned walls when the British set it on fire and underground areas that I highly suspect is 10 times more of it under ground that above ground.

Back
Top Bottom