• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your 2018 Man of the Year

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Screw Time Magazine's opinion. Who is your man of the year for 2018.

Mine is, without doubt, Robert Mueller.

What a sexist post. Do you enjoy being a misogynist?

What a sexist post. Do you enjoy being a misogynist?

Had Mueller been named Roberta, I perhaps would have used a different title. Do you like my choice? He's certainly a better man than Trump.

Had Mueller been named Roberta, I perhaps would have used a different title. Do you like my choice? He's certainly a better man than Trump.

I find it totally amazing what a misogynist you are. But, to get to your point, what has Mueller done? You guys keep on reminding the right that Mueller hasn't issued his report yet and that we don't know what is in it. You have no idea what it will say. It's kind of like giving Obama a Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing and then realizing after the fact that you want to take the prize back from him but it's too late.

A liar and a killer that has cost the USA over a hundred million...interesting.

"Two of the men died in prison after being falsely convicted in the 1965 gangland murder. Another, Peter Limone, spent 33 years in jail before he was exonerated in 2001. The fourth, Joseph Salvati, spent 29 years in prison.

“It took 30 years to uncover this injustice,” Federal District Judge Nancy Gertner said in announcing her decision. She said the case was about “the framing of innocent men,” adding that “F.B.I. officials allowed their employees up the line to ruin lives.”"

Other team members have related cases. Good guys?...Not so much.

[h=1]Justices Unanimously Overturn Conviction of Arthur Andersen[/h]"The decision was "truly a slap in the face of the government for overreaching," Robin Conrad, a lawyer with the United States Chamber of Commerce, said in an interview.
Tuesday's ruling, despite coming long after Andersen has effectively gone out of business, does provide some sense of vindication for the firm's accountants."

[h=1]Mueller’s top prosecutor promoted despite multiple overturned convictions[/h]"Defense attorneys in the Enron case say Weissmann “intimidated witnesses by threatening indictments, created crimes that did not exist and, in one case, withheld evidence that could have aided the accused,” Rowan Scarborough wrote in an Oct. 22 report for The Washington Times."

Last edited:

"Two of the men died in prison after being falsely convicted in the 1965 gangland murder. Another, Peter Limone, spent 33 years in jail before he was exonerated in 2001. The fourth, Joseph Salvati, spent 29 years in prison.

“It took 30 years to uncover this injustice,” Federal District Judge Nancy Gertner said in announcing her decision. She said the case was about “the framing of innocent men,” adding that “F.B.I. officials allowed their employees up the line to ruin lives.”"

[h=1]Justices Unanimously Overturn Conviction of Arthur Andersen[/h]"The decision was "truly a slap in the face of the government for overreaching," Robin Conrad, a lawyer with the United States Chamber of Commerce, said in an interview.
Tuesday's ruling, despite coming long after Andersen has effectively gone out of business, does provide some sense of vindication for the firm's accountants."

[h=1]Mueller’s top prosecutor promoted despite multiple overturned convictions[/h]"Defense attorneys in the Enron case say Weissmann “intimidated witnesses by threatening indictments, created crimes that did not exist and, in one case, withheld evidence that could have aided the accused,” Rowan Scarborough wrote in an Oct. 22 report for The Washington Times."

1965?

:lamo

Thanks needed a good laugh for the day.

Thanks needed a good laugh for the day.

I guess that beats proposing your own candidate for the title. Less need to think.

I think Mueller will easily win Person of the year in 2019;- when he brings down this rotten crooked presidency.

Being Time’s person of the year doesn’t mean one is a saint or even a good person. It means that person had a significant influence on the world. Some previous awardees:

Hitler
Stalin (twice)
Ayatollah Khomeini
Bill Clinton and Ken Starr together

Mine is Jamal Khashoggi. He's on Times short list, but seriously doubt Time would ever go that far.

Mueller is second... ;)

I am trying to understand what this post is about.

Are you suggesting Mueller is responsible for these 'incorrect' verdicts? Are you suggesting Mueller is responsible for the downfall of Arthur Andersen and Enron?

And regarding the gangland murderers - well in 1965, Mueller was just 21 , and had not even graduated from law school yet. So not sure what power he had to influence the jury to sentence these men to jail.

And as for Joseph Salvati. Well he was sentenced in 1968 - when Mueller was fighting in Vietnam - so again, I don't know how he managed to convince a jury to sentence Salvati to life when he was doing something that Cadet Bone Spurs was too scared to do.

But you trumpsters continue to attack Mueller for just doing his job. According to trump, Mueller is a traitor and a coward. I am sure the Presidents he has worked under over the past 50 years agree. You know Presidents Reagan, Bush, Clinton, dubya and Obama.

There is one thing that trump can do to prove to Mueller and all the other traitors that he has done nothing wrong;- TALK TO MUELLER. But according to trump's latest lawyer, Guliani, he will speak to Mueller 'over my dead body'.

Time couldn’t have made a better choice. Mueller gets his turn next year.

I can get on board with that. Per time's own definition:

"Person of the Year is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, a group, an idea, or an object that "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year."

While one may be tempted at first to choose Trump since everything he says instantly becomes the national dialogue, his very existence sits in the shadow of a man who says nothing at all and commands more respect and trust than Trump could ever dream of commanding for himself.

I can get on board with that. Per time's own definition:

"Person of the Year is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, a group, an idea, or an object that "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year."

While one may be tempted at first to choose Trump since everything he says instantly becomes the national dialogue, his very existence sits in the shadow of a man who says nothing at all and commands more respect and trust than Trump could ever dream of commanding for himself.

Respect and trust? The mafia is a liberal Hollywood creation and that dirty bastard put perfectly law-abiding Italians in jail based on racist caricature!

________
....sorry....I'm not much of a comedian and I definitely can't be funny when the subject is Trump. The vile swine managed to suck the air out of political comedy.

Your attack on Mueller is crap, but Gertner is a sorely missed justice. One of the few willing to actually listen to a defense argument.

Can you promise me something - just the one of you? Can you promise me that you will pursue this heated interest in the constitutional rights of people accused of crimes?

Can you promise me you'll be just as mad when the police beat up a person they later trick into admitting is an illegal immigrant drug dealer, whom they then charge with disorderly/resisting, which they say then lead them to discover the illegal status?

Can you promise me you'll be just as mad when the cops claim they approached someone who made "furtive movements", whereupon that person threw something on the ground that turned out to be drugs (aka, they actually illegally searched him and later invented a justification).

And to be clear: I'm not talking about a situation at which you can post "can u cite evidence?" I'm talking about situations where the police testify under oath that these things happen.....can you still doubt them?

Can you promise you'll do that kind of thing whether or not you think that person is guilty? Even if it looks like he is very much guilty? After all, we know now that law enforcement regulation frames suspects and then lies about what they did to carry out that framing, right?

Right?

Or as I suspect, is the only reason you are now talking about said protections that it involves Trump in some way? Like FISA courts and all the rest.....

Oh, just **** this. I'm so sick of listening to people dishonestly pretend to care about stuff only to forget it immediately afterwards, especially if the overall subject - devoid of the specific context in which they pretend - actually matters. Americans are begging for the end of republican Democracy, and they'll probably blame the liberals when they end up achieving the goal they fail to understand they further.

You want to defend a vile swine because if you do it successfully, you've *gotten* a liberal. That's what is destroying this country. It's what's been destroying it ever since most of the right's reaction to Obama was to accuse him of lying about his birth, lying about his religion, being racist against white people, wanting to destroy America, and about ten other things I don't care to mention.

Last edited:

It's funny that "Enron did nothing wrong" has become a cause celebre for the right. Anything to get Mueller, amirite?

Also, blaming him for the four guys in prison is a smear job intended solely to protect Trump.

It's funny that "Enron did nothing wrong" has become a cause celebre for the right. Anything to get Mueller, amirite?

Also, blaming him for the four guys in prison is a smear job intended solely to protect Trump.

How DARE you sir, how dare you? Legitimate companies go belly up on the fly. Even companies tied to stable geniuses like Trump can do it, and several times over on that.

For shame...

Your 2018 Man of the Year

Well, I'd vote for one of my sons. Y'all likely haven't heard of them, but that's not the point. I'm more pleased with them and their respective accomplishments than I am with pretty much anyone else/else's. After them, probably myself.

Back
Top Bottom