• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Young Viewers Avoid Fox News, Ratings Drop 30%

On TV I usually am switching back and forth between Fox and CNN. The daytime news is pretty much the same on each station. It is all those talk show hosts during prime time where most of bias is concentrated and I like you, never watch or listen to them. But like you, I am old enough and been around the block probably more times than one can count. I know when I am being feed news or news with a slant towards one party or the other. I seen it way too many times.

Well, I consider switching from Fox to CNN like switching from organized chaos to confused and discombobulated. ;) But you're certainly not alone. Some people believe those sources are gospel. :shrug:

I'm in a minority, really. A lot of people accuse me of being UnAmerican for listening to and getting information from the sources that I do.

Today....it's damned if you do and damned if you don't no matter what ya do. There's always somebody to slice and dice what somebody else does or doesn't do.

Well, I consider switching from Fox to CNN like switching from organized chaos to confused and discombobulated. ;) But you're certainly not alone. Some people believe those sources are gospel. :shrug:

I'm in a minority, really. A lot of people accuse me of being UnAmerican for listening to and getting information from the sources that I do.

Today....it's damned if you do and damned if you don't no matter what ya do. There's always somebody to slice and dice what somebody else does or doesn't do.

It does seem that all of our news organizations to include print all have an agenda of some kind or another. I would imagine other news organizations from other countries do also. It probably has always been that way, only today it is far more noticeable.

It does seem that all of our news organizations to include print all have an agenda of some kind or another. I would imagine other news organizations from other countries do also. It probably has always been that way, only today it is far more noticeable.

Let's face it...the worlds crazy...or better yet, people just haven't evolved enough to be civilized. :lol:

Let's face it...the worlds crazy...or better yet, people just haven't evolved enough to be civilized. :lol:

Yeah, and when it comes to politics there is no such thing as civilized politics. It is barbarians at war.

Us old foggies rely on the cable 24 hours news channels to get our news. I have an advantage here in Georgia of having a 24 hour radio news channel. It is a Cumulus radio station.

Yea. I used to watch the news every morning. I got tired of it. When I was in college I watched a local fox affiliate every morning just to see what was going on in the area. Now I just don't care. I'm sick of the news, and so I read the Internet when I need too. Hell I got an app for cnn that I use most of the time

There's a difference between watching it for it's humorous aspects, and using it as a basis in which to discern what's happening in DC politics or to gain some political perspective. Unfortunately, far too many young adults and folks on the political left do use it as a source of political news and gain their perspective through it.

I occasionally watch it myself, but purely for a few laughs.

Liberals have always built their truths around emotion, so it makes perfect sense that they would gravitate to the Daily Show for "news".

As an example:

A news program runs a story about Secretary of State Kerry advocating the destruction of Israel.

If you then ask random viewers who the Secretary of State is then those who saw the story above could answer the question correctly but still be wrong on Kerry's views on Israel.

Last edited:
Honestly, the REAL ratings are vastly different than the lefty YouTube "reporter" states. Starkly different.

Not to mention, Greg Gutfeld is killing it right now. Libertarianism is catching like wildfire across college campuses everywhere....Greg has the ear of many young people.

I AVOID Fox News.

Listening to a expose of the failings of this administration and the progressive ideology gets depressing.

Liberals have always built their truths around emotion, so it makes perfect sense that they would gravitate to the Daily Show for "news".

As an example:

A news program runs a story about Secretary of State Kerry advocating the destruction of Israel.

If you then ask random viewers who the Secretary of State is then those who saw the story above could answer the question correctly but still be wrong on Kerry's views on Israel.

The Daily Show doesn't really report the news so much as make fun of the news. And let's face it, the news deserves it. They are particularly hard on CNN for being, you know, incompetent. They also, obviously, give Fox News a lot of **** for being... full of ****.

The Daily Show doesn't really report the news so much as make fun of the news. And let's face it, the news deserves it. They are particularly hard on CNN for being, you know, incompetent. They also, obviously, give Fox News a lot of **** for being... full of ****.

Of course this is true, but any chance many conservatives get to claim liberals get their news from the Daily Show, they'll take it, even though its not actually true.

Honestly, the REAL ratings are vastly different than the lefty YouTube "reporter" states. Starkly different.

Not to mention, Greg Gutfeld is killing it right now. Libertarianism is catching like wildfire across college campuses everywhere....Greg has the ear of many young people.

I've been hearing libertarians claim this for YEARS, and I've seen no evidence that it's actually so.

I've been hearing libertarians claim this for YEARS, and I've seen no evidence that it's actually so.

Anecdotal.

Hit a college campus.

Where do you think I get all my chicks? :2razz:

There's been a small contingent of RON PAUL types on college campuses for years; however, the claim that it's spreading like wildfire is suspect, to say the least.

It's probably true, but few of them vote.

This is really simple. Who would you rather have reading you the news? Her....

megyn%2B11111222%2Bhot%2Bkelly%2B2.jpg

Or her...

View attachment 67159983

Neither.

Besides which, I don't see where the attractiveness of the talking head makes a difference. Is this really your argument - Fox is more accurate because the chicks are hotter? Lot of substance there....:roll:

There's been a small contingent of RON PAUL types on college campuses for years; however, the claim that it's spreading like wildfire is suspect, to say the least.

Eh. Ron is a LINO.

I mean legitimate Libertarian. Especially in the gay community. Hell, we've been running a pro gay rights platform since '79.

Neither.

Besides which, I don't see where the attractiveness of the talking head makes a difference. Is this really your argument - Fox is more accurate because the chicks are hotter? Lot of substance there....:roll:

I would rather look at the cute girl than the unattractive one. I think being attractive is a big part of the job for a newslady.

I would rather look at the cute girl than the unattractive one. I think being attractive is a big part of the job for a newslady.

Attractive is in the eye of the beholder, and it doesn't make the reporting more factual or less biased either way.

You're doubling down on your position of "the chicks are hotter, therefore Fox is unbiased?" :lamo

If they're actually libertarians, that won't help the GOP much anyway.

Attractive is in the eye of the beholder, and it doesn't make the reporting more factual or less biased either way.

You're doubling down on your position of "the chicks are hotter, therefore Fox is unbiased?" :lamo

Well give me Megyn Kelly any day over Rachel Maddow. It's not even close in my opinion.

[/FONT][/COLOR]Video @: Young Viewers Avoid Fox News, Ratings Drop 30% - YouTube

If I was some conservatives here and I was using their logic this comment would play out something like this: This means FOX sucks and it means their news is unreliable and it means that its not the truth and they suck!!!

But in reality it just means that this happens here and now and then and trends happen like this when its not around election time.

So whats your point? Conservatives suck? Shouldnt you have posted this in partisan forum then?

[/FONT][/COLOR]Video @: Young Viewers Avoid Fox News, Ratings Drop 30% - YouTube

If I was some conservatives here and I was using their logic this comment would play out something like this: This means FOX sucks and it means their news is unreliable and it means that its not the truth and they suck!!!

But in reality it just means that this happens here and now and then and trends happen like this when its not around election time.

I agree with the statement in the video that some people tune into to Fox just to see what crazy old Fox is doing. There were several of us down at a local watering hole the other day commenting first on how attractive the staff is on fox and second on what a bunch of lying D-Bags they are. I was actually surprised that just about everybody agreed with my scathing critique. A few years ago, it would have started an argument.

Back
Top Bottom