• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Young Iraqis Overwhelmingly Consider US Their Enemy Poll Says

Gee, hard to imagine people who saw their home occupied by a foreign army most of their lives would hate the occupiers.

Gee, it is hard to imagine that people who see people flooding into their home would hate those people too. Explains immigration. I guess it isn't racism after all.

About time religion gets brought up in this!
2po7e9v.png

But since scary Moooslims get brought up in a asinine manner as a question... Lets check the article, because it seems your question can be found there.
"In Gulf Arab states, on the other hand, perceptions of the United States were far more positive. Roughly 85 percent of those living in the Gulf say that they consider the U.S. to be an ally, with another 66 percent expressing the same view in North Africa."

Like our allies the Saudis? Yeah right.

It was they revolted over a tea tax, the other taxes were not even actually imposed. The parliament which they did have representation in by the way (limited but they still had representation) decided that since the colonies benefited the most form the Seven Years War they should help pay for it. But apparently that is unreasonable.

Bush still had that attitude when he cut taxes and put the Iraq war on the credit card. He didn't even want to pay for his OWN war.

The people who ignore ISIS and consider the United States their enemy.
No-one is ignoring ISIS here... The study even asks a question about ISS...

And suprise, suprise they view Iran unfavorably---the two countries have never gotten along. Ever.
Actually....
"Iran’s presence in the top 10 is primarily driven
by favourable perceptions in three countries
– Iraq, Lebanon, and Palestine – where young
Arabs cite Iran more frequently than any other
country as one of their biggest allies (51 per
cent, 49 per cent, and 43 per cent respectively). "
https://theintercept.com/wp-uploads/sites/1/2016/04/2016-AYS-White-Paper-EN_12042016100316.pdf

Not to mention the fact that polls are, at best, a semi-reliable tool for figuring out what people really feel vs what they think the interviewer wants to hear or what their friends will think of them if they say a certain thing.
So now your point is, "we just cant trust polls?" :roll: It went from "youths are stupid", to "ISIS apologists", to now "polls are stupid"..

There is no reason to take that chance. Giving away what we have is not the way to save the world. And importing even potential enemies is stupid.

"Giving away what we have"? What does that even mean?

We should detach from Islamic countries. Stop all aid, especially technical. Charge outrageous prices for food and end charity to those countries. Let them build their own clean water facilities and power stations and other infrastructure.. And feed their people.
What does this have to do with Iraqis coming to America?

If that happened, Islam would collapse on its own.
Yea I doubt the second largest religion would collapse because of the variables you just listed....

Gee, it is hard to imagine that people who see people flooding into their home would hate those people too. Explains immigration. I guess it isn't racism after all.

You're comparing hard working people seeking out a better life to an armed army of occupiers engaging in imperialism?

It's sad that they had to be born into such an area of the world where ward, death, and religious extremism has created such a violent and dangerous environment that no child should be required to live within.
I would agree....
It is also sad that they blame the US for a culture of death and ignorance that has existed since the 7th century.
Well we are responsible for a great amount of death in their country... Sanctions on the country after the first Iraq war, invaded bombed and occupied their country, civil war grew and ISIS grew out of that occupation... So yea... One could perceive us as not such a great ally....

Yes, we were seen by some kids during the time we were there as the bad guys, yet we were seen as good guys by others. Time doesn't heal all wounds, as the old saying claims it does, however, it does heal most wounds as seen by many countries around the world where we are now close allies and friends that were once mortal enemies of the US in a heated and deadly war.
Yea... If you mean by "some kids" meaning the overwhelming majority of the population....
http://www.debatepolitics.com/middl...s-their-enemy-poll-says-4.html#post1065766656

I would agree....

Well we are responsible for a great amount of death in their country... Sanctions on the country after the first Iraq war, invaded bombed and occupied their country, civil war grew and ISIS grew out of that occupation... So yea... One could perceive us as not such a great ally....

Yea... If you mean by "some kids" meaning the overwhelming majority of the population....
http://www.debatepolitics.com/middl...s-their-enemy-poll-says-4.html#post1065766656

ISIS grew out of the power vaccum we left after pulling out our troops. That means after your precious occupation. As far as the civil war, that continues and will continue as long as there are Sunnis And Shiites.

ISIS grew out of the power vaccum we left after pulling out our troops. That means after your precious occupation.

ISIS was essentially Al-Qaeda in Iraq just rebranded and expanded into Syria. That predates the pulling out of our troops.
"US troops and allied Sunni militias defeated al-Qaeda in Iraq during the 2007 "surge" — but didn't destroy it. The US commander in Iraq, General Ray Odierno, described the group in 2010 as down but "fundamentally the same." In 2011, the group began rebuilding, and in 2012 and 2013 it freed a number of prisoners held by the Iraqi government, who then joined its ranks.
In 2013, the group once known as al-Qaeda in Iraq — now based in both Syria and Iraq — rebranded as ISIS."
ISIS used to be al-Qaeda in Iraq - 18 things about ISIS you need to know - Vox

Also: Former Military Chief: Iraq War Was A 'Failure' That Helped Create ISIS
"Retired Lt. General Michael Flynn, the former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency who came up through intelligence positions in Iraq and Afghanistan, says that the George W. Bush administration’s Iraq war was a tremendous blunder that helped to create the self-proclaimed Islamic State, or ISIS.

“It was a huge error,” Flynn said about the Iraq war in a detailed interview with German newspaper Der Spiegel published Sunday.

“As brutal as Saddam Hussein was, it was a mistake to just eliminate him,” Flynn went on to say. “The same is true for Moammar Gadhafi and for Libya, which is now a failed state. The historic lesson is that it was a strategic failure to go into Iraq. History will not be and should not be kind with that decision.”

When told by Der Spiegel reporters Matthias Gebauer and Holger Stark that the Islamic State would not “be where it is now without the fall of Baghdad,” Flynn, without reservations, said: “Yes, absolutely.”"

ISIS was essentially Al-Qaeda in Iraq just rebranded and expanded into Syria. That predates the pulling out of our troops.
"US troops and allied Sunni militias defeated al-Qaeda in Iraq during the 2007 "surge" — but didn't destroy it. The US commander in Iraq, General Ray Odierno, described the group in 2010 as down but "fundamentally the same." In 2011, the group began rebuilding, and in 2012 and 2013 it freed a number of prisoners held by the Iraqi government, who then joined its ranks.
In 2013, the group once known as al-Qaeda in Iraq — now based in both Syria and Iraq — rebranded as ISIS."

"Retired Lt. General Michael Flynn, the former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency who came up through intelligence positions in Iraq and Afghanistan, says that the George W. Bush administration’s Iraq war was a tremendous blunder that helped to create the self-proclaimed Islamic State, or ISIS.

“It was a huge error,” Flynn said about the Iraq war in a detailed interview with German newspaper Der Spiegel published Sunday.

“As brutal as Saddam Hussein was, it was a mistake to just eliminate him,” Flynn went on to say. “The same is true for Moammar Gadhafi and for Libya, which is now a failed state. The historic lesson is that it was a strategic failure to go into Iraq. History will not be and should not be kind with that decision.”

When told by Der Spiegel reporters Matthias Gebauer and Holger Stark that the Islamic State would not “be where it is now without the fall of Baghdad,” Flynn, without reservations, said: “Yes, absolutely.”"

I trust Vox about as far as I can throw them. Flynn said that it "helped create" ISIS, that is different than creating it. Mohammad created the Caliphate. And for devout Muslims it is monkey see, monkey do.

The people who ignore ISIS and consider the United States their enemy. And suprise, suprise they view Iran unfavorably---the two countries have never gotten along. Ever.

I doubt they 'ignore' ISIL, but they certainly realize which one between the Islamic State and the United States, is the more dangerous and threatening adversary.

I trust Vox about as far as I can throw them.
Relying on a logical fallacy I see... I mean do you have anything to show that the VOX article is somehow wrong or not right?

Flynn said that it "helped create" ISIS, that is different than creating it.
And I simply said that ISIS grew out of our invasion/occupation of Iraq.
"SPIEGEL ONLINE: The Islamic State wouldn't be where it is now without the fall of Baghdad. Do you regret ...

Flynn: ... yes, absolutely ...
SPIEGEL ONLINE: ... the Iraq war?

Flynn: It was huge error. As brutal as Saddam Hussein was, it was a mistake to just eliminate him. The same is true for Moammar Gadhafi and for Libya, which is now a failed state. The historic lesson is that it was a strategic failure to go into Iraq. History will not be and should not be kind with that decision."

Mohammad created the Caliphate.And for devout Muslims it is monkey see, monkey do.
Its such an easy cop-out to blame everything on religion.

Relying on a logical fallacy I see... I mean do you have anything to show that the VOX article is somehow wrong or not right?

And I simply said that ISIS grew out of our invasion/occupation of Iraq.
"SPIEGEL ONLINE: The Islamic State wouldn't be where it is now without the fall of Baghdad. Do you regret ...

Flynn: ... yes, absolutely ...
SPIEGEL ONLINE: ... the Iraq war?

Flynn: It was huge error. As brutal as Saddam Hussein was, it was a mistake to just eliminate him. The same is true for Moammar Gadhafi and for Libya, which is now a failed state. The historic lesson is that it was a strategic failure to go into Iraq. History will not be and should not be kind with that decision."

Its such an easy cop-out to blame everything on religion.

That is the root cause of the problem. Islam teaches hate for non-Muslims. It is a fact proven by their holy litrature, history, and Islam inspired present day terror.

Try dealing with it because denying it is the cop out.

I doubt they 'ignore' ISIL, but they certainly realize which one between the Islamic State and the United States, is the more dangerous and threatening adversary.

The US, because we're clearly some kind of roving evul superstate which destroyed the peaceful Iraqi plan under Saddam Hussein to annex all the land they could grab and then didn't even let the Iraqis kill each other as much as they wanted too.

So evul

For one thing, they'd be in Libya or Afghanistan or Somalia, not Iraq, so in one regard that is true---they'd be shifted over a couple thousand miles.

The moral of the story, in other words, is don't start pulling troops out until you've absolutely annihalted the opposition. Don't leave them an organizational frame work to rebuild

The US, because we're clearly some kind of roving evul superstate which destroyed the peaceful Iraqi plan under Saddam Hussein to annex all the land they could grab and then didn't even let the Iraqis kill each other as much as they wanted too.

So evul

Because that is totally what I was implying. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Put whatever words you want into my mouth. I laugh as you flail about helplessly. Much entertain.

Seeing as that's literally what you said, I don't have to put words into your mouth. They were already there.

Seeing as that's literally what you said, I don't have to put words into your mouth. They were already there.

Ok. I'll bite. Point out where I said the US,

destroyed the peaceful Iraqi plan under Saddam Hussein to annex all the land they could grab and then didn't even let the Iraqis kill each other as much as they wanted too.

Let the flailing begin.

Ok. I'll bite. Point out where I said the US,

Let the flailing begin.

You defined the US as "dangerous" and "threatening".

As the most "threatening" thing the US has done is destroy Saddam's regime, I extended on that, using exaggeration and hyperbole to make my point about how ridiculous that statement was.

You defined the US as "dangerous" and "threatening".

As the most "threatening" thing the US has done is destroy Saddam's regime, I extended on that, using exaggeration and hyperbole to make my point about how ridiculous that statement was.

The US isn't dangerous and threatening? Are you serious? We outspend the next ten countries combined on military. We're the most militaristic state in the history of mankind. In what planet or reality do you live?

The US isn't dangerous and threatening? Are you serious? We outspend the next ten countries combined on military. We're the most militaristic state in the history of mankind. In what planet or reality do you live?

"Most militaristic state in the history of mankind"

I think the USSR, Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan, the Roman Empire, Napoleon's France and more than a few others are all good contenders for that spot.

Not even to mention the fact that many of these countries don't have to spend a lot on the militaries because American troops are stationed in country or simply can't afford it.

Back
Top Bottom