• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You will love this.

sbrettt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Last edited:
The tea party occupation forces in Congress won't allow the government to spend money to help our poorest citizens, so this isn't an option.

Yes how about the right to have a home act.

No limts on what you can live in or where. (car RV boat all legal in ALL of USA)
No limits on home size allowed anywhere in USA.

Any home or Apt not occupied is sent to a state list to be avalible to the homeless after 60 days. When a paying person signs up, they get bumped to another home or Apt.

there are 6 MILLION empty homes in USA. Homelessness is gone in an instant.

Last edited:
I have an idea for the president. He should take the money he wants to spend on another pointless war, and instead look at some of the problems we have at home that we can actually fix. Why not use of that money to help people in Detroit. I think it would do more there. Sounds to me Obama would be spending a lot.
The Economic Costs of a U.S. intervention in Syria

Cities need to learn to be self sufficient. I'm really disappointed, by the title of the thread I thought you were going to suggest something awesome like whittling down the national debt with a federal drinking in public license that costs $300 or something.

Cities need to learn to be self sufficient. I'm really disappointed, by the title of the thread I thought you were going to suggest something awesome like whittling down the national debt with a federal drinking in public license that costs $300 or something.
I literally LOL'ed at that. :lamo What would you do with the money Obama will be spending if we go to Syria?

I literally LOL'ed at that. :lamo What would you do with the money Obama will be spending if we go to Syria?

Honestly, I doubt we'd be saving money from it. The DOD already said that they would find the money somewhere in their budget. The missiles are already paid for and more in the inventory to replace, so that's already paid for. The ships were already at sea with that budgeted for. So the only thing you're really paying for are unbudgeted sorties (extra sorties). Which would be expensive to someone like you and I, but pennies to the gov't. The only thing you would be paying substantially for is if this gets out-of-hand.

Helping out detroit by giving it money is not actually helping, it sends a message that cities are too big to fail and can expect fed gov't assistance if they suck at management. Personally, I'm a Bengals fan so the Lions and Detroit can burn. When the dust clears, let's call it something less French and make it great by the virtues of its own people...not the fed gov't.

Honestly, I doubt we'd be saving money from it. The DOD already said that they would find the money somewhere in their budget. The missiles are already paid for and more in the inventory to replace, so that's already paid for. The ships were already at sea with that budgeted for. So the only thing you're really paying for are unbudgeted sorties (extra sorties). Which would be expensive to someone like you and I, but pennies to the gov't. The only thing you would be paying substantially for is if this gets out-of-hand.

Helping out detroit by giving it money is not actually helping, it sends a message that cities are too big to fail and can expect fed gov't assistance if they suck at management. Personally, I'm a Bengals fan so the Lions and Detroit can burn. When the dust clears, let's call it something less French and make it great by the virtues of its own people...not the fed gov't.
Well said. Thank you for killing my thread. x]

I have an idea for the president. He should take the money he wants to spend on another pointless war, and instead look at some of the problems we have at home that we can actually fix. Why not use of that money to help people in Detroit.

Because bailing people out shouldn't be a role of government?

I think it would do more there.

It would give retailers in Detroit a temporary boost in business until the money was spent.

The tea party occupation forces in Congress won't allow the government to spend money to help our poorest citizens, so this isn't an option.

what's the knee jerk tea party phobia have to do with this thread?

Denial. The mother's milk of conservatism.

Ed Schultz cleaned a whole lot of rightie wingnut clock today about listening to constituents. RepubLies have a new toy, called accountability if it may embarrass Obama. Screw the 91% that supported Toomey/Manchin, both conservatives in different parties.

I wonder why ?

Maybe it has to do with the $ 831 Billion Dollars "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act." You remember that, shovel ready jobs that weren't shovel ready and the hundreds of billion of stimulus dollars to unions aka paying off the unions for putting an incompetent person in the White House.

That is false and when you say our "poorest citizens" do you mean the ones without jobs surviving on welfare? Because if they work then they make less money ? Those ones ? Sounds like Democrats should think of better solutions instead oc grinding old ones

What is a "federal drinking in public license????"

I have an idea for the president. He should take the money he wants to spend on another pointless war, and instead look at some of the problems we have at home that we can actually fix. Why not use of that money to help people in Detroit. I think it would do more there. Sounds to me Obama would be spending a lot.
The Economic Costs of a U.S. intervention in Syria

One could make the argument the cause of Detriot's demise is a direct result of too much Federal assistance. Detriot is the poster child of decades of Democrat policies that reward irresponsible behavior.

Back
Top Bottom