• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

YOU SCARE ME - A letter from a Former Procter and Gamble Executive

allsogreat

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I received this email today attributed to Lou Pritchett at Procter & Gamble...thought I'd share it !!

By Lou Pritchett, Procter & Gamble

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail..

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America ' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly, capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do. You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaugh's, Hannity's, O'Reillys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing. Finally,

you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett * *

According to SNOPES web page, this letter was confirmed by Lou Pritchett (former Procter and Gamble Vice President) and sent to the NY Times but they never acknowledged it.

Last edited:
You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

Oh well :shrug:

There's plenty of information out there, if you can't be bothered to look it up, your own fault.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

Yep it was paid for by a Nigerian Prince on the internet.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

This boggles my mind... I didn't spend my formative years in Canada, but I am very much Canadian... with also the rich cultural backrounds of South Africa and Britain, and I am a better person for it, don't be so dogmatic.

I didn't know that was a pre-requisite for being president

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

That didn't matter to the American people, and neither should it. Obama beat a war hero. Your point?

Yeah absolutely, like the right doesn't do that. I don't see him very often actually blaming others, but I think he has to when people blame him for things that are clearly the last guys fault. The right did it to Clinton for years after George W. Bush was elected.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail..

:roll: nough said.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America ' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

That's not whats going on. Stop this nonsense.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

Since when?

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

Is that right? Then how come no insurance company was bought up once health care reform was passed?

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly, capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

It's not about not capatalizing, it's about trying to create energy sources that aren't going to run out and pollute our world. Where on earth does the wind not blow?

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

Another :roll:

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

Yep, they're infallible and never did anything wrong... you wanna prove that BTW?

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

Like no one challenged GWB for invading Iraq and went in on the war band wagon.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

Glenn Beck?

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because you believe that.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do. You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaugh's, Hannity's, O'Reillys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You really want these people being your point of view? Besides O'Reilly SOMETIMES, these people say very few things that have any substance, just baseless attacks.

Prove it...

you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Do you live in a bomb shelter with 1000 cans of Tuna and 40 rifles?

Grow Up And Find Some Real Things To Be Scared Of. Like Spiders.

6EF_tarantula.jpg

In the late 1980's there was a rumor circulated about Proctor and Gamble being 'Devil worshipers' because their company symbol is stars (or something like this . . . I don't care enough to search and find out exactly what it is - moon and stars or something). Someone circulated 'boycott' chain letters via mail . . . My Dad received some.

Well - my Dad believed these letters and then preached against P and G in CHURCH because of this . . . and spread the rumor and encouraged people to dislike them and believe that they were Devil worshipers.

Which later he found to *be* a rumor and actually openly apologized about his false belief in church (maybe 15 years later) . . but it was to a different Church. So it's still highly likely that people he use to preach to and who use to really believe the initial rumors still believe them. (hence - "some rumors NEVER die")

Thus - the OP is likely a rumor in the same way and for the same ridiculous and ignorant reasons.

For some bullcrap reason people just HATE P and G and would like to dash them on the rocks.

Last edited:
I received this email today attributed to Lou Pritchett at Procter & Gamble...thought I'd share it !!

By Lou Pritchett, Procter & Gamble

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama:

Lou Pritchett * *

According to SNOPES web page, this letter was confirmed by Lou Pritchett (former Procter and Gamble Vice President) and sent to the NY Times but they never acknowledged it.
uh huh.....let me shorten this up ...he scares you because he is a democrat, and his views are just a tad bit different than someone who is 'extremely' conservative

abe.jpgYou know I really don't know that much about Lou either. But I know that Lou is no longer at P & G as he retired from there since he's 77 years old. I also know that old people are scared of many things and yell at some strange stuff.

abe2.jpg

Note: picture is not Lou, but may be like him

Last edited:
uh huh.....let me shorten this up ...he scares you because he is a democrat, and his views are just a tad bit different than someone who is 'extremely' conservative

He should scare you as well or don't results matter in your world? Since 2007 Democrats have controlled the Congress and what do we have to show for it. There are over 15 million unemployed Americans, he has added 3 trillion to the debt in less than 2 years, he signed a trillion dollar stimulus plan that stimulated nothing but more unemployment although it did help Democrat constituent groups, he passed a healthcare program that does nothing to improve the quality of healthcare, he responds to the BP leak exactly like all other community organizers would react doing absolutely nothing, he turned his Justice Dept. on a state for enacting a law to protect the citizens of that state but on the bright side his golf game has improved and he enjoying the perks of the job with 5 star vacation activites.

He should scare you as well or don't results matter in your world? Since 2007 Democrats have controlled the Congress and what do we have to show for it. There are over 15 million unemployed Americans, he has added 3 trillion to the debt in less than 2 years, he signed a trillion dollar stimulus plan that stimulated nothing but more unemployment although it did help Democrat constituent groups, he passed a healthcare program that does nothing to improve the quality of healthcare, he responds to the BP leak exactly like all other community organizers would react doing absolutely nothing, he turned his Justice Dept. on a state for enacting a law to protect the citizens of that state but on the bright side his golf game has improved and he enjoying the perks of the job with 5 star vacation activites.
lets see...this downturn started under the repubs, we are fighting our way out of it....i'm glad he got the healthcare program through....as for the debt, name me a republican that has balanced a budget as of late.....as for going after arizona, yeah, that pisses me off a bit.....as for the oil spill, please explain to me exactly what he was supposed to do...?

lets see...this downturn started under the repubs, we are fighting our way out of it....i'm glad he got the healthcare program through....as for the debt, name me a republican that has balanced a budget as of late.....as for going after arizona, yeah, that pisses me off a bit.....as for the oil spill, please explain to me exactly what he was supposed to do...?

Have you ever taken a civics class? We don't elect a King and Democrats controlled the legislative branch which makes the bills. Bush could do nothing without Democrats yet you blame Bush and Republicans? That is what liberals do, blame others yet you claim to be a centrist?

Obama sure hasn't balanced a budget, has he, 3 trillion added to the debt in two years. His yearly deficit is three times the highest deficit Bush ever had. As for the Gulf, as a CEO he had the responsibility of overseeing the job should have assigned Biden to the Gulf and tell him not to come back until the problem was solved. I worked in the oil business for 35 years and this entire process was bungled. Obama showed his lack of experience and management skills and the country is paying for that now. He should have lined up super tankers from around the world to keep the oil from reaching shore while attempts were made to cap it. He wouldn't abandon the Jones Act to get help from other countries and those super tankers.

Now I know how badly you want Obama to succeed, but his agenda is destroying the very foundation upon which this economy was built. If he succeeds, what are the consequences, debt, unemployment, economic growth, regulations?

Have you ever taken a civics class? We don't elect a King and Democrats controlled the legislative branch which makes the bills. Bush could do nothing without Democrats yet you blame Bush and Republicans? That is what liberals do, blame others yet you claim to be a centrist?

Obama sure hasn't balanced a budget, has he, 3 trillion added to the debt in two years. His yearly deficit is three times the highest deficit Bush ever had. As for the Gulf, as a CEO he had the responsibility of overseeing the job should have assigned Biden to the Gulf and tell him not to come back until the problem was solved. I worked in the oil business for 35 years and this entire process was bungled. Obama showed his lack of experience and management skills and the country is paying for that now. He should have lined up super tankers from around the world to keep the oil from reaching shore while attempts were made to cap it. He wouldn't abandon the Jones Act to get help from other countries and those super tankers.

Now I know how badly you want Obama to succeed, but his agenda is destroying the very foundation upon which this economy was built. If he succeeds, what are the consequences, debt, unemployment, economic growth, regulations?

So it's Congress fault when it's Bush, and now it's Obama's fault since it's a democrat in the WH. And of course, democrat control for 2 of 8 years is democrat control under Bush.

Nope, it is the fault of both but for some reason the fact that Democrats have controlled Congress since January 2007 is being ignored. Now Democrats control both the WH and Legislative Branch yet Bush is still being blamed. Says a lot about Democratic Supporters. Obama's record is quite clear yet is being ignored, highest deficits in history, highest unemployment in history, largest expansion in the size of govt. in decades, and an economic growth made up purely of govt. spending and inventory changes, not consumer spending or private sector job growth due to increase in demand for goods and services.

Nope, it is the fault of both but for some reason the fact that Democrats have controlled Congress since January 2007 is being ignored. Now Democrats control both the WH and Legislative Branch yet Bush is still being blamed. Says a lot about Democratic Supporters. Obama's record is quite clear yet is being ignored, highest deficits in history, highest unemployment in history, largest expansion in the size of govt. in decades, and an economic growth made up purely of govt. spending and inventory changes, not consumer spending or private sector job growth due to increase in demand for goods and services.

And, of course, nothing exceptional has been going on that might account for any of that...

Dear Barack Obama,

You scare me because you want a born alive baby from an abortion to be denied any medical care even to just make it more comfortable.

You scare me because you appointed a self- avowed Communist to be the Green Czar.

You scare me because you appointed as Safe School Czar a man who has ties to NAMBLA.

You scare me because your father was a communist.

You scare me because you hung out with a domestic terrorist.

You scare me because you taught from Rules For Radicals.

You scare me because you went to a church for 20 yrs that preaches hatred of America and white people.

You scare me because you tell people what news they should and shouldn't listen to.

You scare me because you seem to have 99% of the media willing to say and do whatever you tell them to.

You scare me because you seem to hate me and you have all the power.

You scare me because during your formative years in Hawaii you were mentored by a communist and pedifile.

You scare me because you want to reach out to Muslims but throw Americans under the bus if they don't agree with you.

You scare me because you bow to our enemies and treat our allies poorly.

You scare me because you are arrogant to the extreme.

Mostly you scare me because I think you are intentionally trying to ruin this great country because you blame her for something that has happened in your life.

IMO, we had a Democratic Party that was more interested in regaining the WH than in doing the work of the country and keeping us out of recession. Freddie and Fannie helped create the problem yet both are ignored by this Administration and aren't part of the Financial reform package. Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were a major part of the financial meltdown but Bush gets the blame. When does this become the Obama economy?

yep, i've taken a 'civics' class, passed with it with flying colors..yep, i claim to be a centrist...used to be farther to the right, then woke up, came to the conclusion that the repubs didnt have all the answers, and were feeding me a line of bull...by the way, voted for bush twice, and yes, this mess did start while he was in office.

If you passed civics with flying colors then you know that the President can do nothing without the support of Congress and that is where the legislation begins. Democrats controlled Congress since January 2007 and according to the NBR the recession began in December 2007 yet you have no problem blaming Bush. What exactly did Bush do that caused the recession we have today and what has Obama done to get us out of it? Don't you think we should have had better results with a trillion dollar stimulus plan passed? Instead private sector is not hiring, deficit is soaring, the govt. is expanding yet all you can do is blame Bush. It started during the Bush years but so did 54 straight months of strong economic growth and job creation, bea.gov and bls.gov. Stop buying what you are told and get the facts

The facts are that we had eight years of Bush dupes blaming Clinton, so Obama has the next six years of his tenure as a freebie. Then you can complain.

If you passed civics with flying colors then you know that the President can do nothing without the support of Congress and that is where the legislation begins. Democrats controlled Congress since January 2007 and according to the NBR the recession began in December 2007 yet you have no problem blaming Bush. What exactly did Bush do that caused the recession we have today and what has Obama done to get us out of it? Don't you think we should have had better results with a trillion dollar stimulus plan passed? Instead private sector is not hiring, deficit is soaring, the govt. is expanding yet all you can do is blame Bush. It started during the Bush years but so did 54 straight months of strong economic growth and job creation, bea.gov and bls.gov. Stop buying what you are told and get the facts
blame is a beautiful thing, isnt it? you want to argue civics, you make obama out to be all powerful, and on the other hand, bush a weakling handcuffed by a democratic congress, who apparently in your world, managed to screw things up in under a year, even though the circumstances that led to the economic downturn were in place for several years before 2007. stop buying what you are told by conservative radio, and do your own research. i find it a bit hypocritical these days when a republican/conservative/rightwinger/space alien/whatever wants to argue about deficits.

The facts are there are a lot of civics challenged people in this forum that haven't a clue about either the Clinton or the Bush Administrations and the results generated and how those results were generated. Too many people buy what the media tells them and then never verifies the rhetoric. That is the prescription for failure which liberals do all the time.

I suggest going to BEA.gov, bls.gov to get actual economic data as well as employment data. then go to the U.S. Treasury website for deficit and debt information. The Clinton record isn't what you think it is nor do you understand it. Neither was the Bush record. I suggest a lot less projection and a little more independent research. Anyway neither Clinton or Bush are in office now and our economy is being destroyed by a Community Organizer President who is destroying the very foundation upon which our economy was built.

Randal, Obama with a Democratic Congress is implementing everything he wants and what do we have to show for it? Up until Scott Brown was elected he had a filibuster proof majority and the results speak for themselves. Maybe you didn't do so well in civics.

I gave you the sites to get non partisan data that will refute your claims but if you are like most so called centrists you won't go there nor do you care. You simply cannot admit you are wrong but the facts prove you wrong.

There is one person in this forum that I know of that does his own research and that would be me. I don't buy what any politician tells me including the Republicans. I do however understand economics, civics, and how to verify the rhetoric.

Randal, Obama with a Democratic Congress is implementing everything he wants and what do we have to show for it? Up until Scott Brown was elected he had a filibuster proof majority and the results speak for themselves. Maybe you didn't do so well in civics.

I gave you the sites to get non partisan data that will refute your claims but if you are like most so called centrists you won't go there nor do you care. You simply cannot admit you are wrong but the facts prove you wrong.

There is one person in this forum that I know of that does his own research and that would be me. I don't buy what any politician tells me including the Republicans. I do however understand economics, civics, and how to verify the rhetoric.
i'm simply not buying what you are trying to sell...obama isnt the anti-christ, neither was bush, and from reading some of your recent threads, you are from the hannity/limbaugh wing of the republican party...obama will never do any right in your mind, and you refuse to even contemplate the possibility of it.

Randal, Look, all you have to do is your own research to verify the rhetoric and you don't seem willing to do that. No one is trying to sell you anything because it is impossible to change the mind of someone whose mind is closed. If it weren't closed you would do research to verify the accuracy of what you believe. Obama isn't doing anything right in my mind because what he is doing is destroying the very foundation upon which our economy was built. Over 15 million unemployed Americans tend to agree with me and let me ask you a very basic question, if Obama is successful in implementing his agenda how do we afford it long term? Do you understand the basic foundation of our economy? Tell me exactly what Obama has done in your mind that we all should be proud of and has made this country better economically and safer?

Randal, Look, all you have to do is your own research to verify the rhetoric and you don't seem willing to do that. No one is trying to sell you anything because it is impossible to change the mind of someone whose mind is closed. If it weren't closed you would do research to verify the accuracy of what you believe. Obama isn't doing anything right in my mind because what he is doing is destroying the very foundation upon which our economy was built. Over 15 million unemployed Americans tend to agree with me and let me ask you a very basic question, if Obama is successful in implementing his agenda how do we afford it long term? Do you understand the basic foundation of our economy? Tell me exactly what Obama has done in your mind that we all should be proud of and has made this country better economically and safer?
"obama isnt doing anything right in my mind"....is all i really need to hear from you, as it proves my point that you are not open to the possibility. as for 15 million unemployed americans agreeing with you....REALLY? YOU HAVE PERSONALLY INTERVIEWED 15 MILLION UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE?..:roll:. wow, i wish i had that kind of free time.

Randal, I asked you to give me any Obama accomplishment that has made this country better economically or safer and this is what I get? Obama spending trillions and getting the results he is getting should be a problem for All Americans. If you had a job and spent that kind of money and got the kind of results Obama has generated you would be fired but for some reason you give him a pass. Why?

Randal, I asked you to give me any Obama accomplishment that has made this country better economically or safer and this is what I get? Obama spending trillions and getting the results he is getting should be a problem for All Americans. If you had a job and spent that kind of money and got the kind of results Obama has generated you would be fired but for some reason you give him a pass. Why?
healthcare....and by the way, the name is randel

Back
Top Bottom