• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

YOU SCARE ME - A letter from a Former Procter and Gamble Executive

Yep, when the price of oil goes up people buy less yet the price of oil isn't up over 2008 and the fact is people aren't buying because people don't have the money to travel like they used to and Obama is doing nothing along with his Democratic Controlled Congress to improve economic conditions. When taxes go up which they are going up for business those taxes are going to create higher prices which is going to affect demand and thus jobs.

The answer to the economy is not growing the size of govt, not blaming the world economy for the situation we have in this country, not to blame previous Adminstrations, but to stop micro managing the economy, stop spending money, and instead allowing the American consumer to help grow our way out of this recession and that isn't something Obama has any interest in doing. Tax rate cuts put more money into the pockets of the people and they spend it, save it, invest it, or pay down debt and all that benefits economic growth and govt. revenue generation. The U.S. Treasury Dept. supports that statement.

It is time to put the blame where it belongs, on the Obama economic agenda and his leftwing Administration that has never run a business, never met a payroll, never competed in any economy, and never created a meaningful job. liberalism is a failure and seeks to spread misery equally to everyone else. Mission accomplished!
blaming the world economy? nah, not so much, just attempting to instruct and teach you in the ways of how the world works, as you seem to think the world at large has no effect on us.

randel, before trying to teach someone else you better teach yourself first. Since 80% of our economy is run by small, private businesses that are affected by U.S. economic conditions your point is moot. If you truly want to help the U.S. economy that help is going to come from the American consumer, not the American govt.

randel, before trying to teach someone else you better teach yourself first. Since 80% of our economy is run by small, private businesses that are affected by U.S. economic conditions your point is moot. If you truly want to help the U.S. economy that help is going to come from the American consumer, not the American govt.
grasshopper, master has much to teach you, or , if you prefer, my padawan apprentice, sit and learn the ways of the force. everything is interconnected...you can't deny that events in the world have nothing to do with us, and that they don't have an effect on us. this is the 21st century, not the 19th.

So what you are saying is that there isn't enough regulation on private industry? I spent 35 years in the private sector and can tell you that there are plenty of regulations on the books now that would have prevented what happened in this country.
If there are regulations in place that would have prevented what happened - why did it happen.
Did everyone ignore the regulations because a Democrat got into power? Worldwide?

grasshopper, master has much to teach you, or , if you prefer, my padawan apprentice, sit and learn the ways of the force. everything is interconnected...you can't deny that events in the world have nothing to do with us, and that they don't have an effect on us. this is the 21st century, not the 19th.

the issue here is what Obama is doing to get us out of recession and the results speak for themselves, 15+ million unemployed an increase of 4 million AFTER the stimulus plan, massive growth in the size of govt thus creating an addition 3 trillion to the debt, negative consumer confidence in the economy, constant lies including my economic plan will keep unemployment from exceeding 8% and it is all about jobs while I play golf and go on vacation. You can continue to give our Community Organizer empty suit President a pass but the majority in this country are now waking up.

If there are regulations in place that would have prevented what happened - why did it happen.
Did everyone ignore the regulations because a Democrat got into power? Worldwide?

Because enforcement wasn't done and never is done. Democrats controlled the oversight committees since January 2007, a fact ignored by the blame Bush crowd. Read or listen to Barney Frank and Chris, Countrywide, Dodd talking about the housing business and the status of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. What has Obama done to promote the private sector as obviously the private sector hasn't gotten the message.

the issue here is what Obama is doing to get us out of recession and the results speak for themselves, 15+ million unemployed an increase of 4 million AFTER the stimulus plan, massive growth in the size of govt thus creating an addition 3 trillion to the debt, negative consumer confidence in the economy, constant lies including my economic plan will keep unemployment from exceeding 8% and it is all about jobs while I play golf and go on vacation. You can continue to give our Community Organizer empty suit President a pass but the majority in this country are now waking up.
i'd say the issue here is your continued ignorance of how an economy works. i'll give you credit, you know how to spew the talking points, just a shame you refuse to move beyond them and educate yourself as to how things really work.

i'd say the issue here is your continued ignorance of how an economy works. i'll give you credit, you know how to spew the talking points, just a shame you refuse to move beyond them and educate yourself as to how things really work.

You claim that I am ignorant as to how our economy works yet have offered nothing of substance to substantiate that. Do you know how much trade impacts the GDP? Stop with the rhetoric and provide substance. Educate me then since obviously my 35 years of business experience is trumped by how you feel.

You claim that I am ignorant as to how our economy works yet have offered nothing of substance to substantiate that. Do you know how much trade impacts the GDP? Stop with the rhetoric and provide substance. Educate me then since obviously my 35 years of business experience is trumped by how you feel.
your own posts prove my point rather well.

I received this email today attributed to Lou Pritchett at Procter & Gamble...thought I'd share it !!

By Lou Pritchett, Procter & Gamble

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

I'll go you one better, Lou.

America as a nation truly scares me, because bull**** like this is the level to which reasoned political discourse has descended.

Well that, and the mindless repetition of said bull**** by monkeys slapping at their keyboard and hooting to themselves about how politically evolved they are. :lol:

Because enforcement wasn't done and never is done. Democrats controlled the oversight committees since January 2007, a fact ignored by the blame Bush crowd. Read or listen to Barney Frank and Chris, Countrywide, Dodd talking about the housing business and the status of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. What has Obama done to promote the private sector as obviously the private sector hasn't gotten the message.
Again - worldwide?

As far as I'm aware, Obama has just/is very close to putting through the Financial Regulation bill, which should do exactly what you're asking. I admit that I haven't read into it too much (US economics are't the highest on my list of interests), but that's certainly the stated aim.

The fact is 80% of this economy is run by small private businesses that do not interact in the world economy and that is the sector that is suffering right now and creating most of the unemployment and affected by the slow economic growth.

Do you have anything to back up that rather broad statement?

TED,
Who works for a small business that had to order a bunch of crap from Germany and China to complete a job simply because said crap was out of stock in the U.S.

your own posts prove my point rather well.

So you can offer nothing specific to support your point of view, got it! I gave you the sites to get non partisan data but all you give is a one line response which ignores those sites and actual data. What you are proving is your own partisanship and inability to do research.

I'll go you one better, Lou.

America as a nation truly scares me, because bull**** like this is the level to which reasoned political discourse has descended.

Well that, and the mindless repetition of said bull**** by monkeys slapping at their keyboard and hooting to themselves about how politically evolved they are. :lol:

I just love your arrogance in that you believe your own rhetoric while ignoring actual facts which do not matter to people like you. Not sure why you continue to support this empty suit but you are now in the minority. Seems it takes some people a lot longer to shed their partisan opinions and actually get the facts. one of these days you, too, will grow up.

Again - worldwide?

As far as I'm aware, Obama has just/is very close to putting through the Financial Regulation bill, which should do exactly what you're asking. I admit that I haven't read into it too much (US economics are't the highest on my list of interests), but that's certainly the stated aim.

Since Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are billions in debt, were the basic cause of the sub prime crisis how will any financial reform bill that excludes them solve any problem? Liberals want the issue and want to make you feel good but never the solution because this financial reform bill does nothing to prevent future problems yet you continue to buy the rhetoric that it will. What statement has Obama made that has come true?

Do you have anything to back up that rather broad statement?

TED,
Who works for a small business that had to order a bunch of crap from Germany and China to complete a job simply because said crap was out of stock in the U.S.

There is a lot of information on BLS.gov and the U.S. Census websites, suggest you go there and get actual facts since you won't believe anything I tell you. Said crap was out of stock in t his country because there is no incentive for private business in this country to build their inventory.

So you can offer nothing specific to support your point of view, got it! I gave you the sites to get non partisan data but all you give is a one line response which ignores those sites and actual data. What you are proving is your own partisanship and inability to do research.
you really need to stop listening to hannity, limbaugh, and beck. you are a hyper partisian, and it has become pointless trying to have a discussion with you, as you refuse to consider the possibility that you may be wrong.

you really need to stop listening to hannity, limbaugh, and beck. you are a hyper partisian, and it has become pointless trying to have a discussion with you, as you refuse to consider the possibility that you may be wrong.

I don't think Hannity, Limbaugh, and Beck have anything to do with the Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Treasury, or U.S. Census Bureau. when I have that data I don't believe anyone with an ounce of sense can claim that I am wrong. I have yet to see any data reference from you at all. the hyper partisan here is anyone that offers nothing but opinions as fact and then refuses to verify their opinions by doing any research.

I don't think Hannity, Limbaugh, and Beck have anything to do with the Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Treasury, or U.S. Census Bureau. when I have that data I don't believe anyone with an ounce of sense can claim that I am wrong. I have yet to see any data reference from you at all. the hyper partisan here is anyone that offers nothing but opinions as fact and then refuses to verify their opinions by doing any research.
you can make numbers and stats say anything you want them to say, its all a matter of interpretation....get back with me when you are willing to have an actual discussion, and have bettered your understanding of economics.

Oh well :shrug:

There's plenty of information out there, if you can't be bothered to look it up, your own fault.

Yep it was paid for by a Nigerian Prince on the internet.

This boggles my mind... I didn't spend my formative years in Canada, but I am very much Canadian... with also the rich cultural backrounds of South Africa and Britain, and I am a better person for it, don't be so dogmatic.

I didn't know that was a pre-requisite for being president

That didn't matter to the American people, and neither should it. Obama beat a war hero. Your point?

Yeah absolutely, like the right doesn't do that. I don't see him very often actually blaming others, but I think he has to when people blame him for things that are clearly the last guys fault. The right did it to Clinton for years after George W. Bush was elected.

:roll: nough said.

That's not whats going on. Stop this nonsense.

Since when?

Is that right? Then how come no insurance company was bought up once health care reform was passed?

It's not about not capatalizing, it's about trying to create energy sources that aren't going to run out and pollute our world. Where on earth does the wind not blow?

Another :roll:

Yep, they're infallible and never did anything wrong... you wanna prove that BTW?

Like no one challenged GWB for invading Iraq and went in on the war band wagon.

Glenn Beck?

You scare me because you believe that.

You really want these people being your point of view? Besides O'Reilly SOMETIMES, these people say very few things that have any substance, just baseless attacks.

Prove it...

Do you live in a bomb shelter with 1000 cans of Tuna and 40 rifles?

Grow Up And Find Some Real Things To Be Scared Of. Like Spiders.

6EF_tarantula.jpg

Agreed; I find Obama to be the most relatable president since Clinton; the two are tied for relatability, in my book, and I feel like I know more about Obama than I have about any other president.
Obama is someone I feel like I could actually hang out with (like, if he for some reason agreed to hang out with me) and have fun and find lots of common ground and lots of interesting things to talk about.
This is not the case with any other president (Clinton was just too old for me to feel this way about, and I was still in my teens when he was elected).

Obama is maybe the first president that doesn't "scare" me.
I would love to meet him and make my pitch for pulling out of Afghanistan.
I don't think he'd take my advice, but maybe we could talk about why it's necessary for him to send my son into harm's way, and maybe I'd understand it better and feel better about it.
I think Obama is the most humane- and human- president we've had.
But I think we've been moving in that direction anyway (viewing presidents- and all famous people- as just "regular guys" who put their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us).
It's difficult, in this media age, for anyone, including famous people, to pretend to be anything but an ordinary person doing an extraordinary job, what with the paparazzi and the media butting into every aspect of their private and personal lives.

you can make numbers and stats say anything you want them to say, its all a matter of interpretation....get back with me when you are willing to have an actual discussion, and have bettered your understanding of economics.

LOL, so numbers don't matter, got it! If you can make the numbers and stats say anything then take the BEA, BLS, and U.S. Treasury numbers and make them look good for Obama.

Agreed; I find Obama to be the most relatable president since Clinton; the two are tied for relatability, in my book, and I feel like I know more about Obama than I have about any other president.
Obama is someone I feel like I could actually hang out with (like, if he for some reason agreed to hang out with me) and have fun and find lots of common ground and lots of interesting things to talk about.
This is not the case with any other president (Clinton was just too old for me to feel this way about, and I was still in my teens when he was elected).

Obama is maybe the first president that doesn't "scare" me.
I would love to meet him and make my pitch for pulling out of Afghanistan.
I don't think he'd take my advice, but maybe we could talk about why it's necessary for him to send my son into harm's way, and maybe I'd understand it better and feel better about it.
I think Obama is the most humane- and human- president we've had.
But I think we've been moving in that direction anyway (viewing presidents- and all famous people- as just "regular guys" who put their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us).
It's difficult, in this media age, for anyone, including famous people, to pretend to be anything but an ordinary person doing an extraordinary job, what with the paparazzi and the media butting into every aspect of their private and personal lives.

And you vote? Oh, my, no wonder we are in a mess. It is all about perception and rhetoric in your world so results just get in the way of how you feel. You are truly a cult follower. Obama tells you what you want to hear yet does the exact opposite but that doesn't matter to you since he is someone you can relate to. You are destined to failure. Obama has no business being in the office he now holds as he lacks the experience and the ability to do the job. The results speak for themselves.

Don't know enough about Obama? Maybe you should read his autobiography, it's a good read.

When I hear all the whining about Obama coming from conservatives, I have to laugh. Democracy is only good in their eyes when they win. When they lose an election, it's been stolen. And when they lose big, it's a dictatorship. Good grief!

Don't know enough about Obama? Maybe you should read his autobiography, it's a good read.

When I hear all the whining about Obama coming from conservatives, I have to laugh. Democracy is only good in their eyes when they win. When they lose an election, it's been stolen. And when they lose big, it's a dictatorship. Good grief!

Damn right.

I love the way Some feel disenfranchised and so have to "Take their country back" because they don't like whats going on...

but when it's their guy that introduces stupid policies, the other side is told to shut up because "that's how democracy works".

Hypocracy and double standards are the Republican way.

And you vote? Oh, my, no wonder we are in a mess. It is all about perception and rhetoric in your world so results just get in the way of how you feel. You are truly a cult follower. Obama tells you what you want to hear yet does the exact opposite but that doesn't matter to you since he is someone you can relate to. You are destined to failure. Obama has no business being in the office he now holds as he lacks the experience and the ability to do the job. The results speak for themselves.

Well under Bill Clinton's administration + 22.5 million jobs were there. What do you have to say Mr. record guy?

Back
Top Bottom