• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You say transgenders are "faking it" or have been taught to be transgender, maybe not!

Oops. It was "and prejudice is very old". I certainly admit I'm not following this thread as closely as you are, but then I'm not sure your hyper focus is the "win" you imagine it to be. 😄
Oooooooooops

You screwed up and dont know what you are talking about

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA

That is not a medical fact and there is certainly no consensus on that claim
This has been known for 30 years. Being trans is not a choice any more than being gay/bi is a choice. You are lying if you say otherwise. This has been known since 1990. We are just now learning more because of medical science and the ability to research it, which was not available in 1990.

This has been known for 30 years. Being trans is not a choice any more than being gay/bi is a choice. You are lying if you say otherwise. This has been known since 1990. We are just now learning more because of medical science and the ability to research it, which was not available in 1990.

A long long long way from consensus is the word implicated. Lol

Not even close

A long long long way from consensus is the word implicated. Lol

Not even close
There is nothing else being studied because this is where medical science leads. Your arguments are akin to those of intelligent designers claiming the evolution isn't proof because they either can't understand it or their religious beliefs refuse to accept reality.

If you know so much what are the alternative explanations?

I have found several studies that show the brains of those we say are transgender are different from both the average male and female brain, whose brain structures are different. Trans gender brains from what i have read are sort of in between, Male by birth transgenders brain's are closer in structure to those of females and the female by birth brains are closer in structure to male brains. SO there might actually be a real reason for the desire of those who want to be the gender opposite to their birth bodies. Just so you know, I found multiple articles similar to this one.
I'm just not getting all the fuss about it. I'm heterosexual and that is most certainly not what defines me. It's a part of it. A part is not greater than the whole

From your reference

One factor contributing to the above obstacles is an overall lack of understanding regarding the biologic basis of gender dysphoria, though studies have suggested a genetic contribution.

Suggested is not consensus

There is nothing else being studied because this is where medical science leads. Your arguments are akin to those of intelligent designers claiming the evolution isn't proof because they either can't understand it or their religious beliefs refuse to accept reality.

If you know so much what are the alternative explanations?
Great then show me that position from the AMA.

There are a thousand alternative explanations

Great then show me that position from the AMA.

There are a thousand alternative explanations
What are the other alternative explanations? There are none being considered by the medical community. Do you still plan to claim that being gay is a choice too, despite the facts?

Do you understand the work of John Money and its implications? There is no evidence that being trans is a choice and it cannot be changed by therapy, hormones or brain surgery.

What are the other alternative explanations? There are none being considered by the medical community. Do you still plan to claim that being gay is a choice too, despite the facts?

Do you understand the work of John Money and its implications? There is no evidence that being trans is a choice and it cannot be changed by therapy, hormones or brain surgery.

It could be exposure to a toxic chemical during infancy

Or a undiagnosed traumatic brain injury

Or a response to child abuse

Or a endogenous mental illness

Now prove to me that those are not possible explanations

There is NO CONSENSUS as to the origins if trans

No of those lead to it being a choice.

None of those are being seriously considered. Your ideas have m no more credibility than intelligent design. What is it about trans people that have you so outraged?

Alcohol is a toxic chemical during pregnancy but it doesn't change someone's gender identity. None of your ideas have ever changed a person's gender identity or sexual orientation.

You either do not understand John Money or you reject it for personal reasons. What are those reasons? Why should anyone take you seriously when you reject medical science in favor of some unsupported fringe ideas? The idea that you can could up any of these claims doesn't in any way means that they have any credibility.

Last edited:

No of those lead to it being a choice.
Interesting (not) how any factual information gets plowed under by oblique circular arguments. Read post #10, which will be promptly ignored by the vocal few.

What is the gop doing for the mentally ill? The largest expansion ever in mental health care services this country has ever seen came from Obamacare.

What has the gop done?

They've been sued by a wall of ACLU and Liberal Lawyers to leave the mentally ill alone.
I. PRECDENTS: COMMITMENT AND TREATMENT STANDARDS (in chronological order): Jackson v. Indiana, 406 U.S. 715 (1972). Held: mentally ill criminal defendants who are incompetent to stand trial cannot be indefinitely committed on that basis alone. The nature and duration of civil commitment must bear a reasonable relationship to the purpose of the commitment. O’Connor v. Donaldson, 422 U.S. 563 (1975). Mentally ill plaintiff was confined without treatment for 15 years. Held: states cannot constitutionally confine, “without more,” a person who is not a danger to others or to himself. The latter category includes the suicidal and the “gravely disabled,” who are unable to “avoid the hazards of freedom” either alone or with the aid of willing family or friends. 422 U.S. at 575 and n.9. As the plaintiff received no treatment, the Court expressly reserved the question “whether the provision of treatment, standing alone, can ever constitutionally justify involuntary confinement or, if it can, how much and what kind of treatment would suffice. . . . “ Id. at n.10. The Court has never revisited this issue. http://laws.findlaw.com/US/422/563.html Addington v. Texas, 441 U.S. 418 (1979). Plaintiff, who disputed his dangerousness, was indefinitely committed based on a history of mental illness, threats, and several in-hospital assaults. Held: jury instruction requiring “clear and convincing evidence” that plaintiff required commitment “for his own welfare and protection, or the protection of others” was constitutionally adequate. Youngberg v. Romeo, 457 U.S. 307 (1982). Mentally retarded, assaultive plaintiff challenged his right to treatment but not the propriety of his commitment. Held: there is a constitutional right to the minimally adequate training/habilitation that an appropriate professional would consider reasonable to ensure safety and freedom from undue restraint. The constitutional standard is lower than malpractice standard, requiring only that professional judgment be exercised. Rennie v. Klein, 483 U.S. 1119 (1982). Case involving involuntary administration of psychiatric medications to mentally ill plaintiff remanded for reconsideration in light of the “professional judgment” standard in Youngberg v. Romeo. Washington v . Harper, 494 U.S. 210 (1990). Held: mentally ill state prisoner prone to violence without medication has no constitutional right to competency hearing and court approval of forced medication using a “substituted judgment” standard. Sufficient due process for forced medication order was provided by hospital committee consisting of psychiatrist, psychologist and hospital official not currently involved in inmate’s diagnosis and treatment. “Substituted judgment” standard rejected as ignoring State’s legitimate interest in treating prisoner where medically appropriate for the purpose of reducing his dangerousness. Proposed alternatives of physical restraints or seclusion rejected as risky and having more than de minimis costs to valid penological interests. Olmsted v. L.C., 527 U.S. 581 (1999). Held: Title II of the ADA requires services provided in the “most integrated setting appropriate to” the needs of the disabled, considering available resources.

Read more at: https://mentalillnesspolicy.org/legal/mental-illness-supreme-court.html

Anyone that tries to take the mentally ill off the street and treat them will face the wrath of the left and their wall of lawyers. The exception to that is when the left finally have no other choice in regards to a few specific individuals: Newsom’s ‘new strategy’ would force some homeless, mentally ill Californians into treatment

But you feel free to play word games and gotcha. People have been suffering on the streets in liberal cities for decades now, and it's been YOUR TEAM that has prevented treatment.

Anyone that tries to take the mentally ill off the street and treat them will face the wrath of the left and their wall of lawyers. The exception to that is when the left finally have no other choice in regards to a few specific individuals: Newsom’s ‘new strategy’ would force some homeless, mentally ill Californians into treatment

But you feel free to play word games and gotcha. People have been suffering on the streets in liberal cities for decades now, and it's been YOUR TEAM that has prevented treatment.
Who has provided more money for treatment of the mentally I'll than anyone else? Are you kidding?

So your claim is the gop is doing more than the Democrats for the mentally ill?

Really?

I didn't make that claim, but feel free to fabricate as you see fit.

This is why I don't usually bother with you and your idiotic replies.

Back
Top Bottom