• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

You may not like Trump personally, but look what he has done for the economy

D

Last edited:
Then you're just showing how oblivious you are to something as simple as a joke.

Which is something that's screwed your camp over, more times than I care to count.

That’s all you have left these days to explain Trump’s nonsense. When he says something ridiculous you say he was just joking. Don’t you ever get tired of making up excuses for him? To use Trump’s own words. Sick. Sad.

I remember posting a story on this forum when the administration was first considering having the US taxpayers pay for the wall. All you Trumpers started freaking out screaming fake news, fake news...it’s not true!

Sorry, but the joke’s on you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s all you have left these days to explain Trump’s nonsense. When he says something ridiculous you say he was just joking. Don’t you ever get tired of making up excuses for him? To use Trump’s own words. Sick. Sad.

I remember posting a story on this forum when the administration was first considering having the US taxpayers pay for the wall. All you Trumpers started freaking out screaming fake news, fake news...it’s not true!

Obviously, Trump was also joking about creating more jobs, raising GDP growth to 5%, reducing the trade deficit, reducing the budget deficit, and reducing the national debt.

A joke? Wow...no one in America thought it was a joke at the time

No one
It's funny that you think you actually claim to know, what everyone in the US was thinking at any given time.

Which just goes hand and hand with your desperation on the topic.

Exactly the proplem. A manchild that takes his role as POTUS as a joke doesn't deserve that high office. In fact the jokester has caused:

1. Millions unemployed with the worse to come in the U.S. economy

2. His joking and calling a serious infectious disease a Democrat "hoax" has cost many Americans their way of life, their homes, their lives, their jobs, their businesses

3. Trump's joking has and playing army games attacking peaceful protesters at Lafeyette square, supporting buffalo barr's attack on peaceful protester has fueled the unrest and the third world look to our country.

4. Trump's joking at his Covid briefing comedy shows has caused Americans to be confused on the proper personal protection against Covid.

5. Trump's joking when Governor's were trying to implement CDC guidelines and protect their citizens from Covid caused divisiness and disunity in what should be the United States of America

With the above, and knowing any nation needs to be unified if invaded by a Pandemic or foreign agression, trump the jokester, not equipped for leading our great nation
That's a lot of BS to pile on one non-existent issue.
Listen, if you can't convince someone with one false topic. Then just throwing as much shit on the fire, is only going to end up burning you in turn.

-Trump isn't the one who manages employment and he can't control the states, so there's your first fallacy.
-It started with you lot lying, by claiming that Trump was calling the virus a hoax and now you're peddling back to acknowledging it was a joke. While still forgetting, that he's not the one who ran and adjusted state policy to accommodate those who had to deal with the virus. In fact, when offered federal assistance for almost any reason. These people decided to spit in the man's face and still told their people to just keep socializing, even when Trump wanted people to take the virus seriously. So there's your second fallacy.
-Trying to call people who're actively setting fires and fighting with law-enforcement peaceful, does not in fact, make them peaceful. So there's your third fallacy.
-Once again, you're hedging on it "just being Trump's joke". While also conveniently forgetting that you had people actively fighting against him on almost anything the man wanted to do. This is the third fallacy in which you've desperately tried to cling to "Jokes" as a cause. So stop it, because this is stated to make you look really pathetic at this point. Oh and yes, this is your fourth fallacy.
-And you're still crying about "Jokes"... fifth fallacy.

With what we see above, it's easy to see that you don't know much about what Trump's been doing, or even what the democrats have been doing for that matter. And it's obvious to see that you don't know how to properly formulate an argument, without retreading useless information.

If you honestly think that one man, telling jokes. Is enough to throw of an entire countries response to a pandemic and literally cause the deaths of so many.
Then I know of a nice vacancy at Bryce, that would be just perfect for you.

Very illogical to call promises by Biden "empty promises" how is that possible can you see into the future? 2024? Twilight Zone
I can't see into the future. Though, after living through more than a few decades of the man being in politics. Especially with his time as VP.
I'm pretty certain that if he becomes president. We're just going to get more of the same from him, as we've gotten from the party all this time.

This from a Dirtbag worshipper and certified sucker who's fallen for every lie his dear leader has made.
It's good to see that you still don't possess the aptitude to actually debate me on that fact. Instead you rely on treating the same idiotic notion of insults and personal attacks.

Which shows that you are either too ignorant, or to young to have lived through much of what Biden has already done, or failed to do. Within the span of his whole political career.

He'll, I'll even be nice and leave out the stupidity, that was his time as VP.

No, when he says something ridiculous. I'll gladly point it out and say "that's ridiculous". The only issue here is, that when you see him say literally anything, or do anything for that matter. You're going to go out of your way to claim that it's something obscene, insulting, demeaning, or some other lazily fashioned buzzword of the month.

Unlike you however, I'm not that desperate. When I see the man say a punch line and do his usual shtick. I can tell that he's joking.
-Build the wall and have Mexico pay for it "points and winks" -obvious joke.
-negotiate for four more years "points/winks maybe even throws in a extended line of "because they owe it to me.. etc -obvious joke.

I remember you posting about Trump making all of these far out claims. Turns out it was just lies like all the other times your camp has posted about the man.
And for that matter who the **** would not think that tax payer money was going to go into building the wall, and who are you trying to fool with that line?

If someone actually was upset about that, or called fake news. Then they simply did not know how our system, or even the government worked. Hell, I'd hazard to guess that their association with reality was about as strong as yours is at this point.

Alight, how about this: After all of these months/years of people constantly released either faked, or overblown drama about the man.
Why oh why should I even begin to believe you on this, when I can just as easily look up the man talking to his people and see that he's telling them a joke?

Pretend that I am DiCaprio and sell me this ****ing pen.

It's funny that you think you actually claim to know, what everyone in the US was thinking at any given time.

Which just goes hand and hand with your desperation on the topic.
You claim everyone knew it was a joke.....come on dude be serious

No, when he says something ridiculous. I'll gladly point it out and say "that's ridiculous". The only issue here is, that when you see him say literally anything, or do anything for that matter. You're going to go out of your way to claim that it's something obscene, insulting, demeaning, or some other lazily fashioned buzzword of the month.

Unlike you however, I'm not that desperate. When I see the man say a punch line and do his usual shtick. I can tell that he's joking.
-negotiate for four more years "points/winks maybe even throws in a extended line of "because they owe it to me.. etc -obvious joke.

I think I'm catching on now... It actually is kind of funny now that I think about it.

-"There was no quid-pro-quo" *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"What I said on the phone call with the Ukrainian President is 'perfectly' stated," *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"We are going to be bringing back American jobs..." *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"We are going to reduce the national debt" *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"We are going to balance the budget" *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"We are going to reduce trade deficits" *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"We are going to strengthen the American economy" *points and winks* -obvious joke

What a wisecracker that guy. :LOL:

You claim everyone knew it was a joke.....come on dude be serious
I know, it's funny isn't it?
But I'm not holding any illusions of knowing what "you" think.

We can play this game all you like and I'm just going to keep jabbing at you with your own rules, until you wise up.

It's already been shown that you're going to lie about every single thing the man says and does. Simply for the fact that you don't like him.
So I have no issues, toying with someone that cant legitimately hold a simple conversation.

I know, it's funny isn't it?
But I'm not holding any illusions of knowing what "you" think.

We can play this game all you like and I'm just going to keep jabbing at you with your own rules, until you wise up.

It's already been shown that you're going to lie about every single thing the man says and does. Simply for the fact that you don't like him.
So I have no issues, toying with someone that cant legitimately hold a simple conversation.
I find it hilarious that you can claim every time trump lies he was just joking.

You are all in on the trump kool aid drinking

I think I'm catching on now... It actually is kind of funny now that I think about it.

-"There was no quid-pro-quo" *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"What I said on the phone call with the Ukrainian President is 'perfectly' stated," *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"We are going to be bringing back American jobs..." *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"We are going to reduce the national debt" *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"We are going to balance the budget" *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"We are going to reduce trade deficits" *points and winks* -obvious joke
-"We are going to strengthen the American economy" *points and winks* -obvious joke

What a wisecracker that guy. :LOL:
And your lack of integrity just keeps becoming more and more apparent.
Though I must thank you for at lest staying consistent.

I guess the democrats were also joking when they said that they were against the child sex trade?
No wonder so many of the left support those "Hi-larious antics of the left..." Just spare me if you can't actually support your own stance.

I guess the democrats were also joking when they said that they were against the child sex trade?
No wonder so many of the left support those "Hi-larious antics of the left..." Just spare me if you can't actually support your own stance.
Trump said he loves America....but he was just joking. Lol

Trump said he loves America....but he was just joking. Lol
It's apparent that the man does. Seeing as you lot have so been in tune with burning it down over the last few months.
So I don't think you have any right to question if someone loves the country.

No, the Democrats don't joke around about their campaign promises.

When Obama promised to negotiate health care reforms in public sessions televised on C-SPAN, it wasn't a joke. It was a campaign promise.

I don't feel burdened to pretend like it was a joke, or make excuses for him. He made a campaign promise, and he failed to deliver.

This juvenile need for Trump to always pretend that he is perfect (and his followers need to always go along with it) is disastrous for our economy and foreign relations, and embarrassing for our Country.

Last edited:
It's good to see that you still don't possess the aptitude to actually debate me on that fact. Instead you rely on treating the same idiotic notion of insults and personal attacks.

Which shows that you are either too ignorant, or to young to have lived through much of what Biden has already done, or failed to do. Within the span of his whole political career.

He'll, I'll even be nice and leave out the stupidity, that was his time as VP.
That you actually believe the Donnie Dirtbag has "gotten us out of the ME" then there is no lie you won't fall for from that tub-o-lard pathological liar.

That's a lot of BS to pile on one non-existent issue.
Listen, if you can't convince someone with one false topic. Then just throwing as much shit on the fire, is only going to end up burning you in turn.

-Trump isn't the one who manages employment and he can't control the states, so there's your first fallacy.
-It started with you lot lying, by claiming that Trump was calling the virus a hoax and now you're peddling back to acknowledging it was a joke. While still forgetting, that he's not the one who ran and adjusted state policy to accommodate those who had to deal with the virus. In fact, when offered federal assistance for almost any reason. These people decided to spit in the man's face and still told their people to just keep socializing, even when Trump wanted people to take the virus seriously. So there's your second fallacy.
-Trying to call people who're actively setting fires and fighting with law-enforcement peaceful, does not in fact, make them peaceful. So there's your third fallacy.
-Once again, you're hedging on it "just being Trump's joke". While also conveniently forgetting that you had people actively fighting against him on almost anything the man wanted to do. This is the third fallacy in which you've desperately tried to cling to "Jokes" as a cause. So stop it, because this is stated to make you look really pathetic at this point. Oh and yes, this is your fourth fallacy.
-And you're still crying about "Jokes"... fifth fallacy.

With what we see above, it's easy to see that you don't know much about what Trump's been doing, or even what the democrats have been doing for that matter. And it's obvious to see that you don't know how to properly formulate an argument, without retreading useless information.

If you honestly think that one man, telling jokes. Is enough to throw of an entire countries response to a pandemic and literally cause the deaths of so many.
Then I know of a nice vacancy at Bryce, that would be just perfect for you.

Trump's economy dismal with no future plan. Bleak under the jokester.

Obama lead us out of Bush's recession and the dismal job numbers he inherited.

Yep, a real President can manage the economy, Obama did. Trump jokes, can't work across the isle and has sychophants make excuses for him.

Obviously, we are in need of a well liked man, Biden, who has the ability to work with all.

And Biden was part of an administration that reversed the last mess caused by a President with low skills.

Experienced Biden, the U.S. economy's only hope. Well unless your Donnie's 1% buddy

I remember you posting about Trump making all of these far out claims. Turns out it was just lies like all the other times your camp has posted about the man.
And for that matter who the **** would not think that tax payer money was going to go into building the wall, and who are you trying to fool with that line?

If someone actually was upset about that, or called fake news. Then they simply did not know how our system, or even the government worked. Hell, I'd hazard to guess that their association with reality was about as strong as yours is at this point.

Alight, how about this: After all of these months/years of people constantly released either faked, or overblown drama about the man.
Why oh why should I even begin to believe you on this, when I can just as easily look up the man talking to his people and see that he's telling them a joke?

Pretend that I am DiCaprio and sell me this ****ing pen.

Who’s going to pay for the wall...an obvious joke? Give me a break! It was his signature 2016 campaign promise. He’s STILL trying to convince you people that the answer is Mexico as late as this month!

Published September 8, 2020:

“President Trump said Mexico will pay for the wall being constructed along the U.S. border through a toll that will be imposed, along with possible action on remittance payments.

During a rally in Winston-Salem, North Carolina on Tuesday night, Trump said there will be toll booths set up along the border, which he added is the most heavily trafficked border in the world both in terms of people crossing and in terms of industry.

“We’re putting a small toll on and maybe we’re going to do something with remittance,” Trump said. “All the money that we spent on the wall will be coming back.”

Maybe you don’t think he is serious, but he’s sure trying to convince you and the rest of your cult that he is!

Your first post and you had to go full ignorant?

Let me ask you one question, what is going on right now in 2020, that wasn't happening in 2016? Cmon now...answer slowly so you don't hurt yourself

It's not "full ignorant", it's full realism. Trump ****ed up the pandemic response in almost every way. Sure, he enjoyed the fruits of Obama's labors for 3+ years, but all of a sudden, a real-world crisis happened. It was time for Trump to shine or rot on the vine. He went the latter route.

It's not "full ignorant", it's full realism. Trump ****ed up the pandemic response in almost every way. Sure, he enjoyed the fruits of Obama's labors for 3+ years, but all of a sudden, a real-world crisis happened. It was time for Trump to shine or rot on the vine. He went the latter route.

LOL yep, you nailed it, great job there.

Your first post and you had to go full ignorant?

Let me ask you one question, what is going on right now in 2020, that wasn't happening in 2016? Cmon now...answer slowly so you don't hurt yourself

Was there anything untruthful in his post? Those statistics are accurate. Our unemployment was at 25% at one point back in spring. The economy crashed because of Trump's inept bungling of the Coronavirus. He admitted in private to Bob Woodward that he knew how deadly the virus was for old and young alike. But the next day and for 7 months thereafter he went before the American people and loudly proclained, "It's nothing to worry about folks. It's just a mild case of the flu. One day it will magically disappear and go away and everything will be bright and rosy again, you have my word for that." And that was when we only had 500 deaths from Coronavirus. Now we have 205,000 deaths and things are NOT bright and rosy nor is the economy back to 4%, is it. Go on. Admit it.

Was there anything untruthful in his post? Those statistics are accurate. Our unemployment was at 25% at one point back in spring. The economy crashed because of Trump's inept bungling of the Coronavirus. He admitted in private to Bob Woodward that he knew how deadly the virus was for old and young alike. But the next day and for 7 months thereafter he went before the American people and loudly proclained, "It's nothing to worry about folks. It's just a mild case of the flu. One day it will magically disappear and go away and everything will be bright and rosy again, you have my word for that." And that was when we only had 500 deaths from Coronavirus. Now we have 205,000 deaths and things are NOT bright and rosy nor is the economy back to 4%, is it. Go on. Admit it.

When you say "back to 4%," do you mean "back to the where we were before Trump took office?" Because GDP growth was never as high as 4% during Trump's entire presidency. Not a single quarter. The last time GDP growth was that high was in Q3 of 2014. Y'know, back when Joe Biden was in the White House.

I feel like this should be a much bigger deal to people than it seems to be. Job growth, GDP growth, eliminating trade deficits, shrinking the budget deficit, and eliminating the national debt, were Trump's answers to everything related to the economy during his campaign and during the debates.

He failed on all points, not just because of the pandemic, but year after year since he took office. Job growth was slower every single year than it was when he took office. Trade deficits were higher every single year since he took office, the budget deficit was higher every single year since he took office, and the national debt was higher every single year since he took office.

It astonishes me that so many people believe he has done well on the economy when he has failed at pretty much all the things that he campaigned on.

GDP growth 2016: 1.7%
GDP growth today: -3.8% (note the negative sign)

The unemployment rate 2016: 4.7%
The unemployment rate today: 8.4%

Budget Deficit 2016: $587 Billion
Budget Deficit today: $3,300 Billion

National Debt 2016: $19 Trillion
National Debt today: $26 Trillion

Annual Trade Deficit 2016: $502.3 Billion
Annual Trade Deficit today: $616.8 Billion

The economy was empirically better off when Joe Biden was in the White House.
LoL, I like how you used the “post covid” numbers!! Never let the facts get in the way of a good narrative!!

Back
Top Bottom