• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

You may not like Trump personally, but look what he has done for the economy

Here is a comparison across both economic outcomes and health outcomes.

Even your data shows the economic outcomes inline with the rest of the developed world, and the health outcomes inline with many developed nations. I also wish it was a bit more precise and showed GDP growth rates and changes in unemployment. Did it take into account the dramatic decline in unemployment in the US recently?

GDP growth is a single metric, and 2.53% against 2.2% isn't much of a difference. Not compared with the 5%+ we were promised. Now factor in budget deficits, trade deficits, cost of living and wage growth, and see where that leaves us for the economy as a whole.

GDP growth is just a single metric. Lets look at wage growth. Wage growth was higher under Trump than Obama, partly because as unemployment falls, employers are forced to raise wages, and we saw that trend begin under Obama. We saw unemployment fall to 3.7% which is an impressive historical low. We would have expected the unemployment decline to continue, but not necessarily that it would have fallen to 3.7%.

2.53% is not that much higher than 2.2% but it is still a noticeable increase. Also, economists were predicting it would decline to less than 2% because there is less room to expand as an expansion continues. And these better than expected numbers were obviously due to government polices that were good in the short term, but bad in the long term.

I know. I have also been critical of Obama's failed campaign promises.

I disagree that it is the voters' fault for believing. It is the voters' fault for permitting it, and then making excuses for them as long as they are on their 'team.'

But voters need to be fact checking the claims and promises candidates are making. They fell for Obama's "Hope and Change", and Trump's "Make America Great Again." These are the kinds of people who get elected unfortunately.

When you hire someone who promises to deliver a product, it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect them to deliver the product that they said they would deliver. And when they fail to deliver, they should be held accountable for their failures. I would much rather work with someone who promises less but who actually delivers.

Its totally fair to blaming Trump for not delivering. But not because the economy was bad. The economy was good. Problem was he did bad things to make it good, and he lied when making those big promises. Of course people should have known he was lying the minute he opened his mouth.

You aren't wrong.

As an aside, I don't really see how the "increase-the-deficit-to-inject-into-the-economy" party is supposed to be the "conservative" party.

The Republicans are a lot more focused on economic prosperity than the Democrats are. Borrowing money and injecting it into the economy is a lot better for elections than making short-term sacrifices for long-term growth.

What the President is responsible for is making outlandish boasts, failing to follow through on them, and failing to acknowledge any of his own failures. That is what I am holding him accountable for.

And I agree. He should be held accountable for his lies.

As for our economy, my posts are not meant to arbitrate exactly how much responsibility the president bears for the economy. I leave that to the discretion of the reader. Those who believe the President single-handedly gave us the very greatest economy this nation has ever seen are welcome to follow that logic to see that he single-handedly wrecked our economy as well. Those who consider that the President isn't entirely responsible for our economic troubles are welcome to consider that he was also not entirely to credit for our economic successes.

I agree that people should realize that placing the sole blame and credit for the economy on one man is just ridiculous. I was debating conservatives when they blamed Obama for the bad economy, or democrats credited Obama for the recovery, or when Republicans credited Trump for the good economy.

It is implicit in all of your responses, but especially made manifest when you say:

"there's only one person responsible for that (governors choice)"

I hope I did not keep you waiting too long so that you forget again what your point was.....that the Orange Asshole has no influence on governors decisions.
So you admit the disasters in Democrat run cities are the fault of mayors and Governors in Democrat run state/cities becuase Trump can't do anything to end it because Governors are in charge.

So you admit the disasters in Democrat run cities are the fault of mayors and Governors in Democrat run state/cities becuase Trump can't do anything to end it because Governors are in charge.
Arizona has a Grand Orange Party governor, Dug Douche, he reversed course on COVID policy after the Orange Asshole passed through, why don't you try reading the posts.

GDP growth 2016: 1.7%
GDP growth today: -3.8% (note the negative sign)

The economy was empirically better off when Joe Biden was in the White House.

Yep. Even before the Covid disaster Trump's performance was mediocre.
GDPPrez.png

That you actually believe the Donnie Dirtbag has "gotten us out of the ME" then there is no lie you won't fall for from that tub-o-lard pathological liar.
Once again, all you're doing is just throwing around insults and disparaging comments with very little substance to back them up.

When it comes to Biden, he's been in politics for over 40 years. What can he really campaign on that can face up to Trump at this point?

Trump's economy dismal with no future plan. Bleak under the jokester.

Obama lead us out of Bush's recession and the dismal job numbers he inherited.

Yep, a real President can manage the economy, Obama did. Trump jokes, can't work across the isle and has sychophants make excuses for him.

Obviously, we are in need of a well liked man, Biden, who has the ability to work with all.

And Biden was part of an administration that reversed the last mess caused by a President with low skills.

Experienced Biden, the U.S. economy's only hope. Well unless your Donnie's 1% buddy
So you're betting on the man who was VP to an administration who decided to basically overblow the country's credit twice over in the first go, and then only do it once the second time around.. and you consider that to be a positive?

I would rather take the administration that allowed me to have more money in my pocket and not the one that spent over six years, threatening to take it away from me. Much less someone who can't even call out his own people for supporting and facilitating violence across the country.

So no, I'd rather take Trump.

Who’s going to pay for the wall...an obvious joke? Give me a break! It was his signature 2016 campaign promise. He’s STILL trying to convince you people that the answer is Mexico as late as this month!

Published September 8, 2020:

“President Trump said Mexico will pay for the wall being constructed along the U.S. border through a toll that will be imposed, along with possible action on remittance payments.

During a rally in Winston-Salem, North Carolina on Tuesday night, Trump said there will be toll booths set up along the border, which he added is the most heavily trafficked border in the world both in terms of people crossing and in terms of industry.

“We’re putting a small toll on and maybe we’re going to do something with remittance,” Trump said. “All the money that we spent on the wall will be coming back.”

Maybe you don’t think he is serious, but he’s sure trying to convince you and the rest of your cult that he is!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So, seeing as you're still all too desperate to just speak on this and not directly insult someone.
I guess that gives me leave to just treat you as I like now...

Listen, if you want to live here in this world. You need to learn how adults talk to each other.

This isn't rocket science.
-I don't really care for a toll, he can set one up if he likes and you attempting to sell a lie on some joke that he used to jeer along with his rally goers. Isn't going to help you seem less incapable at actually conversing with others, in any meaningful way.

No idea what the argument is. Trump rode in on a good economy reaching its peak.

Could you imagine arguing against the SUPERB Donald Trump economy?!?

A 51 year national record low unemployment rate. We are talking about record low unemployment for blacks, women, Hispanics, gay Americans, Asian Americans, Jewish Americans, ETC ...

We scored better trade deals with Canada, Mexico, Europe, Japan and China.

Stock market rose from 18,300 points to over 30,000 points.

Aunt Antifa (you support insurrection and violence) and you also know VERY little about the US economy. Now, go to your room and play some video games.

Wow, the Democrats on the forum tonight seem VERY confused and angry. More then normal.

Could it be because they are extremely panicked?

Could you imagine arguing against the SUPERB Donald Trump economy?!?

A 51 year national record low unemployment rate. We are talking about record low unemployment for blacks, women, Hispanics, gay Americans, Asian Americans, Jewish Americans, ETC ...

We scored better trade deals with Canada, Mexico, Europe, Japan and China.

Stock market rose from 18,300 points to over 30,000 points.

Aunt Antifa (you support insurrection and violence) and you also know VERY little about the US economy. Now, go to your room and play some video games.

You’re voting for a white supremacist that promised violence against Americans when he loses.

I'm not a moderator. But you should be punished on the forum for posting such pathetic garbage.
fw_fainting-victorian-lady1.jpg

Kleenex-in-studio.jpg

Back
Top Bottom