• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You Know You're Getting Old When....

opendebate

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
It seems like ever since I reached a certain age it has been a rapid downhill slalom into decrepitude... sigh. Time seems to pass so quickly and with it the seamless function of yet another limb....sigh. I.E.: yesterday I noticed that every time I move..... I make a sound. A grunt, a puff, a moan, a creek .....sigh. When did that start happening? Honestly if I look in the mirror one more time and find myself mumbling.....when did that happen?! ......sigh.

Alas, I have chosen to resign myself to the inevitability of my deterioration and embrace the humanness of it; find the humor if you will. So I started a list of tell tale signs, which I hope to see grow long and rich in it’s hilarity-

When the music you listen to in High School becomes "Classic Rock"
When there are involuntary acoustics coming from your body when you move

add yours please....

There was one moment I laughed at when I was teaching some high school kids. A couple of years ago, I casually made a reference to the movie 300 and the students looked at me confused. I was actually shocked that they had no idea what I was talking about. I sure as hell wasn't old, but it sure felt like that for about 20 seconds :p

When you're sitting there talking to a client that you figure must be at least 10 years your senior and then you notice that you're actually 10 years older than they are.

When you're shooting the breeze with your secretary and realize that you got out of the service before she was born.

When you realize that all your friends have grandchildren.

When you realize that this year you attended more funerals than weddings.

I had this older version of BrainQuest and I was asking the kids some questions.

There was a Gumby question.... they didn't have a clue.

I knew I was getting old when I didn't have to shave above the knees anymore. I still have hair on my head, but my body hair is slowly disappearing. It saves me time and money in razors. Always look on the bright side. ;)

There was one moment I laughed at when I was teaching some high school kids. A couple of years ago, I casually made a reference to the movie 300 and the students looked at me confused. I was actually shocked that they had no idea what I was talking about. I sure as hell wasn't old, but it sure felt like that for about 20 seconds :p

Seeeeeee.....awwww that moment sucks.

BTW, have you seen the STARZ series Spartacus? If you liked 300 you might enjoy.

I had this older version of BrainQuest and I was asking the kids some questions.

Gumby!!!!!! and his little pal Pokey too. Awwww, memories.

Seeeeeee.....awwww that moment sucks.

BTW, have you seen the STARZ series Spartacus? If you liked 300 you might enjoy.

I saw the first season and portions of the second, but neither the prequel season or the third. I enjoyed it, but I decided to save money and not keep STARZ, and I have chosen to purchase other films and series on Blu-ray instead. Heh, there was a moment where the season 1 blu-ray discs had problems being read. I seemed to have received those discs. I got through the first season, but it came with difficulty! I think I ended up using season 1 standard definition through Netflix on those defective episodes before STARZ announced they were separating from Netflix.

I saw the first season and portions of the second, but neither the prequel season or the third. I enjoyed it, but I decided to save money and not keep STARZ, and I have chosen to purchase other films and series on Blu-ray instead. Heh, there was a moment where the season 1 blu-ray discs had problems being read. I seemed to have received those discs. I got through the first season, but it came with difficulty! I think I ended up using season 1 standard definition through Netflix on those defective episodes before STARZ announced they were separating from Netflix.

I rented the series and just did a holiday weekend marathon. I'm a pretty easy sell on the whole brawny guy that can kick ass and really love a woman though. As ashamed as I am to admit it.

No love for gumby or pokey.

Others have said it far better than I can...

When snap crackle and pop isn't a noise your cereal makes.

When sneezing at the wrong moment is a dangerous activity.

When you are with friends you are the youngest of the group and at work you are among the oldest.

Well, you know ya getting Old when theres no more wall action with the OL.....nor any breakfast pop tarts. Just sayin! :lol:

When moving into a smaller house, with a smaller yard seems like the perfect idea....

When things you used to do for "fun" now cause you to miss a day at work ....

When you realize that you're bifocals might not cover all situations, and that another pair of glasses would be useful....

Along those lines...

Pass that sage advice along and the ultimate random act of kindness...

Well, you know ya getting Old when theres no more wall action with the OL.....nor any breakfast pop tarts. Just sayin! :lol:

This could happen

But don't let this happen

Or it could lead to this

It seems like ever since I reached a certain age it has been a rapid downhill slalom into decrepitude... sigh. Time seems to pass so quickly and with it the seamless function of yet another limb....sigh. I.E.: yesterday I noticed that every time I move..... I make a sound. A grunt, a puff, a moan, a creek .....sigh. When did that start happening? Honestly if I look in the mirror one more time and find myself mumbling.....when did that happen?! ......sigh.

Alas, I have chosen to resign myself to the inevitability of my deterioration and embrace the humanness of it; find the humor if you will. So I started a list of tell tale signs, which I hope to see grow long and rich in it’s hilarity-

When the music you listen to in High School becomes "Classic Rock"
When there are involuntary acoustics coming from your body when you move

add yours please....

When you click on the OP and then forget what it said.
When you spend more time standing in the kitchen wondering why you came in than you do cooking.

When you start to view teen behaviour as being 'childish' and standing in queues with them is slightly irritating. Physically, all I've noticed is that post-workout recovery is a little slower. One morning last month, I also woke up with what I believe to be a tiny liver spot on the back of my right hand. I pray it is not so.

Hahaha, old farts.

:lol:

slap2.gif
yo2.gif

:2razz:

Back
Top Bottom