• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You know what time it is?

soot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It's time to grab America by the *****!

Choo choo.

Clearly, this is going to be a very long day.

It may be a long 8 years.

Obviously Trump has the support of a lot of America's voters.

I'm still on the fence if Trump really has "the support of a lot of America's voters" or if enough of the voters were simply that concerned about Hillary. The reason I say that is there were some key districts in battleground States that did not perform very well for Hillary that Obama did much better with in 2008 and 2012.

I really screwed up my projections a month or so back. I assumed Hillary would win because of fear concerning Trump, it turns out Trump might have benefited from fear concerning Hillary.

The only thing I was right about, we will be talking about this election for a very long time.

I'm still on the fence if Trump really has "the support of a lot of America's voters" or if enough of the voters were simply that concerned about Hillary. The reason I say that is there were some key districts in battleground States that did not perform very well for Hillary that Obama did much better with in 2008 and 2012.

I really screwed up my projections a month or so back. I assumed Hillary would win because of fear concerning Trump, it turns out
Trump might have benefited from fear concerning Hillary.

The only thing I was right about, we will be talking about this election for a very long time.

Right.Plus a lot of voters desperately wanted change and they saw Trump as a person who would change a lot of things.Which I'm sure that he will.

I really screwed up my projections a month or so back. I assumed Hillary would win because of fear concerning Trump, it turns out Trump might have benefited from fear concerning Hillary.

I think it's both. He obviously does have a lot of support for him which, by itself, probably wasn't enough to win him the election. I completely understand the traditionally strong union states swinging for him. I'm actually more confused why everyone assumed it was part of Hillary's firewall.

Hillary won the popular vote

And that would matter if the United States were a pure democracy. Unfortunately for Hillary, she was trying to be president of a Republic. Perhaps she should have chosen a different country to run for office in. She already did something similar when she wanted to be a senator.

And that would matter if the United States were a pure democracy. Unfortunately for Hillary, she was trying to be president of a Republic. Perhaps she should have chosen a different country to run for office in. She already did something similar when she wanted to be a senator.

Please refer to the post I was responding to.

No, Bush 41 and Bob Dole did not win the popular vote.

You're right. Bill Clinton just didn't win the popular vote. He got less than 50% both times. The popular vote was split between Bush/Perot and Dole/Perot both times.

Back
Top Bottom