• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You gotta' love the republicans

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Congresswoman so and so is speaking. She keeps holding up the constitution with one hand while she bashes away at the free press? What am I missing?

Congresswoman so and so is speaking. She keeps holding up the constitution with one hand while she bashes away at the free press? What am I missing?

Press isn't free when all it reports is propaganda, lies, distortions and outright lies.

They can hold up a copy of the Constitution or the Bible without it meaning a damned thing to them and they've gotten away with it so far. If I had God's ear....just for a moment...

Trump-Bible-Lightening-Strike.gif

You’re missing that “free press” doesn’t mean freedom from criticism or even bashing.

Press isn't free when all it reports is propaganda, lies, distortions and outright lies.

Members of the press and many lefties (and a few righties) long for those days when Repub presidents tried gaining the approval of the press rather than going on the offensive the way Trump does.

Four years of dishonest, unfair, unjust, and hateful bashing of Trump by the leftist democrat supporters in the media?

You’re missing that “free press” doesn’t mean freedom from criticism or even bashing.

You are correct, both are covered under the first amendment. Thanks for helping to make my point.

Four years of dishonest, unfair, unjust, and hateful bashing of Trump by the leftist democrat supporters in the media?

Will you still be saying the same thing when trump and maybe his kids are sitting in jail?

From what I've heard and read of the speeches at the Republican convention thus far, I humbly suggest a new acronym: TNTC. It can be applied to the erroneous statements. It stands for Too Numerous To Count.

That said, I've wondered about something regarding those speeches and those falsehoods. The speeches are pre-written, often with professional speechwriters available to assist. There's time to check each statement for accuracy and change those which are questionable. Those giving the speeches know, a priori, that falsehoods will be flagged.

So what am I wondering about? It's this: in what regard do they hold their audience?

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Will you still be saying the same thing when trump and maybe his kids are sitting in jail?

If the brutal democrat communist jack-booted biased police enforcers get their hands on Trump after Biden is elected, they will tear Trump to shreds and laugh about every hurtful torture they put him through.

Its just gaslighting: day 3 :shrug:

That is the whole point of this convention from what I can see.

If the brutal democrat communist jack-booted biased police enforcers get their hands on Trump after Biden is elected, they will tear Trump to shreds and laugh about every hurtful torture they put him through.

Karma baby. What goes around comes around.

Cops good. Democratic jack-booted biased police enforcers bad.

You are so predictable.

They're scared so the gop is of course trying their best to pass that fear along to their base. Biden's america will kill us all, etc. etc.

They're scared so the gop is of course trying their best to pass that fear along to their base. Biden's america will kill us all, etc. etc.

They do this every election, whoever the dems put forth is the devil incarnate, however society did not start falling apart until the last three years.\

What they do vs what they say...

I am actually an independent if we go by voter registration.

Yeah, that’s meaningless. I vote in the Democrat primary here all the time because you have to to have any say in local races. Besides, I figured you’d take that as a compliment.

From what I've heard and read of the speeches at the Republican convention thus far, I humbly suggest a new acronym: TNTC. It can be applied to the erroneous statements. It stands for Too Numerous To Count.

That said, I've wondered about something regarding those speeches and those falsehoods. The speeches are pre-written, often with professional speechwriters available to assist. There's time to check each statement for accuracy and change those which are questionable. Those giving the speeches know, a priori, that falsehoods will be flagged.

So what am I wondering about? It's this: in what regard do they hold their audience?

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Lol. You mean in what contempt do they hold their audience. Trump wouldn't wipe his arse with one of his supporters.

Yeah, that’s meaningless. I vote in the Democrat primary here all the time because you have to to have any say in local races. Besides, I figured you’d take that as a compliment.

Not really, honestly, I wish we had a set up where 6 or 7 parties were viable and everyone could find a home. Usually, I try to vote for libertarians on the local elections (because generally local policies tend to be best as a light touch imho) and then what I would like to see at the state level or federal level is creative problem solving for issues with a bias towards markets but generally what I see is a worship of markets, so in the lack of that reasonableness, I tend to vote democrat because often times they are the ones most willing to look at the issues without dogma.

In terms of social issues, I am straight up liberal from a policy perspective, but tend towards a more conservative style of behaviour for myself. However, I tend to desire more liberal policy since everyone should have the right to make the best choice they live their live to see fit.

one example is that I voted for GWB both times due to while I hated his foreign policy (I am not much for interventionalism, I also hated Obama's foreign policy because it was the same damn thing as Bush's) he was generally willing to try to be balanced internal policies and listen to experts.

Lol. You mean in what contempt do they hold their audience. Trump wouldn't wipe his arse with one of his supporters.

Hi!

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Speaking only for myself, I'm fully aware that each moniker on this forum stands for a real, living, breathing human being. I respect the person behind the screen name, and take pains to be sure that what I post is as accurate and true as I can make it.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

When five news outlets all report the same thing, I tend to believe them.

confirmation bias is alive and well.
even though those same media outlets get proved wrong.

that is called ignorance.

gaslighting the new leftist buzz word when they can't actually handle
a topic or discussion.

right up there with whataboutism and every other buzzword term they use.

Back
Top Bottom