• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

You Gotta Love Free Stuff

Born Free

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Gotta love it, more free stuff, Obama's new slogan:

"You vote more me you get it free"

Biden promotes free colonoscopies to seniors in Florida | WashingtonExaminer.com

“Everyone knows, everyone in this room knows that President Obama has increased the benefits available to people on Medicare by the action he took,” Biden said. “You are now able to go get a wellness exam, and guys, if you conclude you need a colonoscopy because of the feeling you had or you need a breast health examination, you don’t have to pay a co-pay for that.”

Biden made his remarks during a campaign event at the Century Village Clubhouse in Boca Raton, Fla.
Also: Biden ‘goes public’ with love for Debbie Wasserman Schultz

When we all start receiving "free" health care is when it is really going to get expensive.

Biden promotes free colonoscopies to seniors in Florida | WashingtonExaminer.com

“Everyone knows, everyone in this room knows that President Obama has increased the benefits available to people on Medicare by the action he took,” Biden said. “You are now able to go get a wellness exam, and guys, if you conclude you need a colonoscopy because of the feeling you had or you need a breast health examination, you don’t have to pay a co-pay for that.”

Biden made his remarks during a campaign event at the Century Village Clubhouse in Boca Raton, Fla.

you make a point; it's such a bad thing to be able to treat a cancerous breast when the mass is small and has not spread to other areas [/s]

"Keep Obama in da President ya know? He gave us a phone, he gonna do moar!"

When we all start receiving "free" health care is when it is really going to get expensive.

Especially when we have to pay for the healthcare of the Illegal Immigrants.

Yes, dying(but not quickly or cheaply) for lack of a co pay makes much more sense. Guess you guys have already waved the white flag in Florida if you are starting to reveal your true feelings that seniors are an inconvenient expense.

Yes, dying(but not quickly or cheaply) for lack of a co pay makes much more sense. Guess you guys have already waved the white flag in Florida if you are starting to reveal your true feelings that seniors are an inconvenient expense.

Seniors have never been an inconvenient expense, it's reality, free gets you elected.

Seniors have never been an inconvenient expense, it's reality, free gets you elected.

So you intend to continue to ignore the fact that preventative medicine is considered more cost effective than waiting until the cancer reveals itself?

I never knew why the right is so peranoid about health care reform to improve efficiency and set regulations on health care companies so they don't overcharge their customers.

It's as if they think our medical system is perfectly fine as is and that medical expenses aren't over priced.

So you intend to continue to ignore the fact that preventative medicine is considered more cost effective than waiting until the cancer reveals itself?

Maybe you can give to me in detail off the ways government can give us free preventative anything. And sense when is preventative medicine supposed to be provided for free. Obviously you know someone has to be taxed for you to get it free, or insurance cost are going up on those that are now forced to buy it to be able to provide something for free to others.

Now to your preventative argument, should the government force you to loose weight in the name of preventative medicine? Should the government force you to stop smoking? Should the government force you to not drink? Should the government force you to exercise? I mean tell me if the government is into preventative medicine and it wants to provide anything that will extend your life it will be free. And government will enforce all those new requirements on you by establishing yet another enforcement division dedicated to forcing people to meet all the requirements of preventative medicine, and if you need a gym to exercise it will provide that for free including the transportation cost. If you need to loose weight by the government standard imposed on you it will provide all the Dr. care and prescriptions for free.

Now I await from you all the free stuff big daddy government is going to give us and demand of us, all in the name of preventative medicine.

I never knew why the right is so peranoid about health care reform to improve efficiency and set regulations on health care companies so they don't overcharge their customers.

Why stop at health care, why does not the government regulate all pricing so that you can only make a certain profit off your product or services? Gee look at how much profit Microsoft made off of people.

It's as if they think our medical system is perfectly fine as is and that medical expenses aren't over priced.

Our medical system is not perfect but putting it in the hands of government makes it a lot worse. SS, Medicare, Medicaid are all broke, and run by government.

This is where some of the the supposedly $716 billion stolen from Medicare actually is going, not to pay for Obamacare but to make Medicare better. There were no losses to benefits, in fact it made them better. Also,the Medicare Part "D" doughnut hole is being closed with the money saved.

It's not free stuff.

Rather, it's government programs paid for by tax dollars.

And I'll believe that conservatives really care about reigning in government spending when they start doing away with so many government contracts to their campaign contributors.

"Keep Obama in da President ya know? He gave us a phone, he gonna do moar!"

Your bull**** Obama free phone thread was completely debunked on the first page so reiterating it here only embarrasses you further. And now you are whining that medicaid and medicare shouldn't include colonoscopies... Perhaps you'll change your tune when you get some age on you and realize a new vision when you get you colonoscopy.

Last edited:
If you want to figure that being elected to represent the needs of the people is basically bribery I can see that. however it does lead to the fact the republicans are idiots. If this is what you want to call it, then if you want to be president of an election where popular vote is a factor in being elected it is just really stupid to promise to give gifts to the one percent of rich people and rely on the stupidity of the electorate you are screwing to bribe your rich friends with presents to cover the other 50 percent of the vote. It seems like sour grapes you reps are spouting because under your opinion obama had the sense to help out the majority of people to secure an election that requires the support of the most people. Romney's plan to tell the one percent he was going to give them more money seems really stupid. yes, there are those who wish they were the one percent and vote for the republicans on the off chance they win the lottery, but those people are really just the pipe dreaming poor whites. What makes more sense, voting for the guy who is going to make your life better, or voting for the guy who is going to take your money and give it to the rich unless you are lucky enough to win the lottery in the next 8 years so he gives you money from the poor people?

The fact that there is more than one percent of Romtards in the US should how out of touch with reality people in the US are. Really, would you vote for me if i promised the day you got rich I would give you more money? Until then you are on your own. Don't fail because if you do i will take your money, but vote for me on the off chance you get really lucky. If I could get enough idiots to vote that way for me i might just run in a future election.

Maybe you can give to me in detail off the ways government can give us free preventative anything. And sense when is preventative medicine supposed to be provided for free. Obviously you know someone has to be taxed for you to get it free, or insurance cost are going up on those that are now forced to buy it to be able to provide something for free to others.

Now to your preventative argument, should the government force you to loose weight in the name of preventative medicine? Should the government force you to stop smoking? Should the government force you to not drink? Should the government force you to exercise? I mean tell me if the government is into preventative medicine and it wants to provide anything that will extend your life it will be free. And government will enforce all those new requirements on you by establishing yet another enforcement division dedicated to forcing people to meet all the requirements of preventative medicine, and if you need a gym to exercise it will provide that for free including the transportation cost. If you need to loose weight by the government standard imposed on you it will provide all the Dr. care and prescriptions for free.

Now I await from you all the free stuff big daddy government is going to give us and demand of us, all in the name of preventative medicine.

It appears you can't distinguish between a voluntary procedure and a mandatory one like those your Tea Party propaganda tell us are the inevitable consequence of any government sponsored health initiative. No one is being forced to get a colonoscopy, though god knows you sound like you need one. Where the savings come in is that the people involved are already on Medicare, if the colonoscopy detects cancer or other problems early it is cheaper than dealing with it in an advanced stage. A side benefit important to most, but probably not egocentric misers such as yourself, is the patient's chances of survival are greatly increased. I'll be honest, even if I didn't think government sponsored care was a generally good idea, I'd still support it just to hear those like you scream and reveal your repulsive greed as they pry the money oput of your hands.

Why stop at health care, why does not the government regulate all pricing so that you can only make a certain profit off your product or services? Gee look at how much profit Microsoft made off of people.

Imagine where our gas prices would be if there was some regulation on the amount a company can gouge the consumers. Could you imagine what your expenses would be if retailers were restricted on their profits on items that cost less than a cent to manufacture? If you knew the sort of markups that are on most of the stuff you buy you would **** yourself at just how much you overspend on items that can be produced for nothing.

Our medical system is not perfect but putting it in the hands of government makes it a lot worse. SS, Medicare, Medicaid are all broke, and run by government.

Someday you are going to have a health problem, and you are going to have to rely on your insurance company. Pray that reform gets made before then because you know nothing of the insanity of arguing with the people who are supposedly contracted to pay for your medical bills.

Oh, and that republican bull**** rhetoric is just really old. is it true, or did you hear it on fox?

Imagine where our gas prices would be if there was some regulation on the amount a company can gouge the consumers. Could you imagine what your expenses would be if retailers were restricted on their profits on items that cost less than a cent to manufacture? If you knew the sort of markups that are on most of the stuff you buy you would **** yourself at just how much you overspend on items that can be produced for nothing.

I think what you describe is Marxism. Tried and failed. Nice of you to want to control all business profits and a person's wealth.

Someday you are going to have a health problem, and you are going to have to rely on your insurance company. Pray that reform gets made before then because you know nothing of the insanity of arguing with the people who are supposedly contracted to pay for your medical bills.

Sounds like you wanted something that you did not pay for, you know there are all sizes of insurance policies, from cheap that cover very little, to expensive that will cover everything under the sun. What did you have?

Oh, and that republican bull**** rhetoric is just really old. is it true, or did you hear it on fox?

When someone like you who wants to live in a Marxist society, why would you care where I hear anything from. Oh that's right you want control over me, never going to happen.

It appears you can't distinguish between a voluntary procedure and a mandatory one like those your Tea Party propaganda tell us are the inevitable consequence of any government sponsored health initiative. No one is being forced to get a colonoscopy, though god knows you sound like you need one. Where the savings come in is that the people involved are already on Medicare, if the colonoscopy detects cancer or other problems early it is cheaper than dealing with it in an advanced stage. A side benefit important to most, but probably not egocentric misers such as yourself, is the patient's chances of survival are greatly increased. I'll be honest, even if I didn't think government sponsored care was a generally good idea, I'd still support it just to hear those like you scream and reveal your repulsive greed as they pry the money oput of your hands.

Aside from your personal attacks, then you go onto say "where the savings come in is that the people involved are already on Medicare, if the colonoscopy detects cancer" WOW look at the savings. So lets look at the savings to medical expenses if the government made you loose weight, would that not also save money and be practicing preventive medicine. Should the government force you to stop smoking? Should the government force you to not drink? Should the government force you to exercise? These measures are preventative medicine. So if savings if your criteria, then these measures you would support. You call me a miser, yet it is you that want it for free, and for you to get it free someone else has to pay for it.

You mention voluntary vs mandatory, so if I want something voluntary its free and it saves cost. Yet that same government who is giving it to you free, is making it mandatory that someone else pay for your free stuff. So tell me why don't the government go to the perpetrator and force that fat SOB and make them loose weight so the government does not have to mandatory have to force someone else to pay for their fat-ass heart-attack?

you want free anything and everything, now I repeat, and this time try answering the questions:

I mean tell me if the government is into preventative medicine and it wants to provide anything that will extend your life it will be free. And government will enforce all those new requirements on you by establishing yet another enforcement division dedicated to forcing people to meet all the requirements of preventative medicine, and if you need a gym to exercise it will provide that for free including the transportation cost. If you need to loose weight by the government standard imposed on you it will provide all the Dr. care and prescriptions for free.

Now I await from you all the free stuff big daddy government is going to give us and demand of us, all in the name of preventative medicine."

If you want to figure that being elected to represent the needs of the people is basically bribery I can see that. however it does lead to the fact the republicans are idiots. If this is what you want to call it, then if you want to be president of an election where popular vote is a factor in being elected it is just really stupid to promise to give gifts to the one percent of rich people and rely on the stupidity of the electorate you are screwing to bribe your rich friends with presents to cover the other 50 percent of the vote. It seems like sour grapes you reps are spouting because under your opinion obama had the sense to help out the majority of people to secure an election that requires the support of the most people. Romney's plan to tell the one percent he was going to give them more money seems really stupid. yes, there are those who wish they were the one percent and vote for the republicans on the off chance they win the lottery, but those people are really just the pipe dreaming poor whites. What makes more sense, voting for the guy who is going to make your life better, or voting for the guy who is going to take your money and give it to the rich unless you are lucky enough to win the lottery in the next 8 years so he gives you money from the poor people?

The fact that there is more than one percent of Romtards in the US should how out of touch with reality people in the US are. Really, would you vote for me if i promised the day you got rich I would give you more money? Until then you are on your own. Don't fail because if you do i will take your money, but vote for me on the off chance you get really lucky. If I could get enough idiots to vote that way for me i might just run in a future election.

Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube

Not sure being associated with colonoscopy, free or otherwise, is the best political move on Biden's part.

It already got expensive.

If more people had colonoscopies, mammograms, basic immunizations, and regular exams, it would still be expensive, but a little bit less so.

we should be covering colonoscopies and other early detection tests. it's easier to cut out a small polyp than to treat end stage colon cancer. what has happened in the past is that a colonoscopy costs can cost north of $3k, and poor people with no health insurance can't float that. not screening people who want to be screened but can't afford it is simply stupid policy.

we should be covering colonoscopies and other early detection tests. it's easier to cut out a small polyp than to treat end stage colon cancer. what has happened in the past is that a colonoscopy costs can cost north of $3k, and poor people with no health insurance can't float that. not screening people who want to be screened but can't afford it is simply stupid policy.

Yes, and a colonoscopy costing $3k is the result of stupid policies as well.

Medical procedures just shouldn't cost as much as they do.

Back
Top Bottom