• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You get the feeling absolutely nothing Obama says is the truth?

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By: DrJohn

obama-if-my-lips4-11.jpg

I sure do.

Flashback:

“We are focused on terrorists and Al Qaeda is on the run”​

The wars are nearly over:

“This war, like all wars, must end. That’s what history advises …”​

As of November 1, 2012 Obama had assured that Al Qaeda is all but defeated- 32 times:

(CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama has described al Qaeda as having been “decimated,” “on the path to defeat” or some other variation at least 32 times since the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, according to White House transcripts.

This comes despite Libyan President Mohamed Yousef El-Magarief, members of Congress, an administration spokesperson, and several press reports suggesting that al Qaeda played a role in the attack.

Recently, on Nov. 1 in Green Bay, Wis., Obama said, “Thanks to sacrifice and service of our brave men and women in uniform, the war in Iraq is over, the war in Afghanistan is winding down, al Qaeda has been decimated, Osama bin Laden is dead.”​

and he goes on

[Excerpt]

Read more:
You get the feeling absolutely nothing Obama says is the truth? | Flopping Aces

Of course the lemmings of the Progressive Left eat it all up with their plastic spoons. Hmm.., if al Qaeda is dead, how come Obama ordered 22 American embassies closed and sent out cautionary notes to those traveling abroad?

obama-if-my-lips4-11.jpg

I sure do.

Flashback:

As of November 1, 2012 Obama had assured that Al Qaeda is all but defeated- 32 times:
(CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama has described al Qaeda as having been “decimated,” “on the path to defeat” or some other variation at least 32 times since the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, according to White House transcripts.

This comes despite Libyan President Mohamed Yousef El-Magarief, members of Congress, an administration spokesperson, and several press reports suggesting that al Qaeda played a role in the attack.

Recently, on Nov. 1 in Green Bay, Wis., Obama said, “Thanks to sacrifice and service of our brave men and women in uniform, the war in Iraq is over, the war in Afghanistan is winding down, al Qaeda has been decimated, Osama bin Laden is dead.”​

and he goes on

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Of course the lemmings of the Progressive Left eat it all up with their plastic spoons. Hmm.., if al Qaeda is dead, how come Obama ordered 22 American embassies closed and sent out cautionary notes to those traveling abroad?

When you are eating up some propaganda blog with a spoon, you really have no room to criticize others.

Ny the way, did you know that Obama has not called al queda "defeated". So in other words, your source is being at the very least misleading...and you are eating it up with a spoon..

Who the hell is "DrJohn"?
Oh and i love how Obama is by Satan... :lamo

I thought that about you Wehrwolfen

War on terror over? Threat to U.S. embassies appears al Qaeda-linked

by Vicki Allen
Editing by Doina Chiacu

The chairman of the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee said al Qaeda appears to be behind a threat that has prompted several U.S. embassies to close on Sunday.

“It’s my understanding that it is al Qaeda linked … and the threat emanates in the Middle East and in Central Asia,” Representative Ed Royce said Friday on CNN’s “New Day” program.

Royce, a Republican, said he and several other lawmakers met two days ago with Vice President Joe Biden on the threat, “and as you know we’re going to take whatever steps necessary to protect our personnel overseas. When we do have an indication of a threat, we take that seriously.“

Read more
Threat to U.S. embassies appears al Qaeda-linked: lawmaker | Reuters

Yep, al Qaeda is on the run, preparing to attack American embassies. Obama selling guns to al Qaeda who in turn attacks our Benghazi consulate and now we're closing 22 embassies in the Middle East. Good move Barry.

To be fair, I think one can characterize all politicians as professional liars. I quit believing any of them years ago.

obama-if-my-lips4-11.jpg

I sure do.

Flashback:

and he goes on

[Excerpt]

Read more:

ROFLMAO... same lies, different administration. You'd think y'all would get a clue. But no, you just keep playing your pathetic bit parts in the political theater of the moment, blind to your own hypocrisy.

How sad that so many, left and right, have political memories that only go back as far as the last election or change of power. My political memory goes back much much further and is not affected by the myopia of party loyalty. I only wish you could step outside your respective bubbles of insulated ideologies and see how stupid and intellectually/morally dishonest this crap looks.

What the hell makes you think you can trust any politician, left or right? Why are the same lies repeated by one administration any more incredulous than when they were first issued by the previous admin?

Last edited:
Dubya was jesus, Obama is the devil, the next election is going to be between Gabriel and Beelzebub

To be fair, I think one can characterize all politicians as professional liars. I quit believing any of them years ago.

I think you would be more accurate if you were to say that "all Democrat politicians are professional liars".

In any event, I wonder that it has taken ANYONE 4 1/2 years to realize that nothing Obama says is true.

I think you would be more accurate if you were to say that "all Democrat politicians are professional liars".

In any event, I wonder that it has taken ANYONE 4 1/2 years to realize that nothing Obama says is true.

No, all of them. If you think that republicans are not liars you are way to gullible.

I'm not going to go to the extreme and say that 0bama is the devil, or use cheap photoshops to go overboard. However, I do not trust the man. He has proven for 4½ years that he exploits misery to further his fascist agenda. His little toadie Rahm Emanuel said it best: "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

0bama's purpose in the White House is for one thing...governmental control of everything and everyone. Total and hopeless reliance on government for the masses.

So show the lie in this? Where did Obama say that Al Queda is unable to perform operations? Because if he did not say it, then the claim of a lie in the OP is bull****.

ROFLMAO... same lies, different administration. You'd think y'all would get a clue. But no, you just keep playing your pathetic bit parts in the political theater of the moment, blind to your own hypocrisy.

How sad that so many, left and right, have political memories that only go back as far as the last election or change of power. My political memory goes back much much further and is not affected by the myopia of party loyalty. I only wish you could step outside your respective bubbles of insulated ideologies and see how stupid and intellectually/morally dishonest this crap looks.

What the hell makes you think you can trust any politician, left or right? Why are the same lies repeated by one administration any more incredulous than when they were first issued by the previous admin?

What do they say about, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander".

What do they say about, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander".

Can you show a lie that your source points out? Bet you can't. Show where Obama said Al Queda was incapable of undertaking operations against the US. If you can't, the whole premise falls apart.

The thing is, Redress, Obama has lied, spun and misrepresented everything...since he first came on the national scene. Do you blame people for not trusting him?

Sure. You can take one particular item...point out that he has said the truth here. Big deal. Is that one item suppose to mitigate everything else he's said?

Face it, Redress...Obama cannot speak plainly and honestly about anything. If he did he would lose his support. He would be a dead duck, politically.

The fact that so many people agree with the crap that comes out of his mouth is really a testament to how pathetic our country...our citizens...have become.

The thing is, Redress, Obama has lied, spun and misrepresented everything...since he first came on the national scene. Do you blame people for not trusting him?

It is called being a politician. They lie. Sometimes it is to get votes, sometimes it is to cover up something they did, and sometimes it is actually part of their job. Still, they all do it, and they all do it for all of the reasons above. To tell the real truth, even though you want honestyu in some cases, you actually want the president to lie. Imagine the day before the osama raid if a reported asked obama what he planned on doing to catch Bin Laden, and then obama told everyone the next day they were going to send a seal team into pakistan where they knew bin laden was hiding in order to kill him? That would be just plain stupid. Of course, obama has other lies in places he should tell the truth, but this honest politician crap is something that never happens, and you really do not want it in every case.
Sure. You can take one particular item...point out that he has said the truth here. Big deal. Is that one item suppose to mitigate everything else he's said?

As per the topic the claim is that linkbot feels everything obama says is a lie. If obama has told the truth, then the topic is wrong. So yes when people ask if he always lies giving examples of him telling the truth refutes that sort of claim. Keep up with the argument in it's entirety, that will help.
Face it, Redress...Obama cannot speak plainly and honestly about anything. If he did he would lose his support. He would be a dead duck, politically.

Then after admitting obama has spoken the truth, you then reclaim that he lies all the time. Just say he lies most of the time and at least that could be possible when you admit he does tell the truth. When you make obviously false statements that even you disagree with it doesn't help your argument. Oh, and since we are talking about lying what would it be when you claim someone is not honest about anything when you acknowledge you know he has been?
The fact that so many people agree with the crap that comes out of his mouth is really a testament to how pathetic our country...our citizens...have become.

I would say the fact someone admits that a person has been honest at some point and then a couple of sentences later turns around and says he has never been honest about anything is also a statement that supports what you just said.

If we ever get a president that actually tries to make every one of his campaign promises and is honest with the people when he should be i am pretty much positive that would be an honest miracle by god. You just simply do not get to the point of becoming president without making stuff up. If a person was that honest it would scare the hell out of everyone.

It is called being a politician. They lie. Sometimes it is to get votes, sometimes it is to cover up something they did, and sometimes it is actually part of their job. Still, they all do it, and they all do it for all of the reasons above. To tell the real truth, even though you want honestyu in some cases, you actually want the president to lie. Imagine the day before the osama raid if a reported asked obama what he planned on doing to catch Bin Laden, and then obama told everyone the next day they were going to send a seal team into pakistan where they knew bin laden was hiding in order to kill him? That would be just plain stupid. Of course, obama has other lies in places he should tell the truth, but this honest politician crap is something that never happens, and you really do not want it in every case.

Give me a break. bin Laden is a dumbass example. Of course, Obama's not going to announce a classified mission before hand. In any case, he would be better off just keeping his mouth shut in a situation like that. Anyway...your attitude that "they all lie" is part of the pathetic nature of our citizens that I was talking about. We should all be expecting better of our politicians.

As per the topic the claim is that linkbot feels everything obama says is a lie. If obama has told the truth, then the topic is wrong. So yes when people ask if he always lies giving examples of him telling the truth refutes that sort of claim. Keep up with the argument in it's entirety, that will help.

Blah, blah, blah. Like I said, Obama is a liar. I don't care if he's telling the truth 95% of the time...I can't ever trust him because of the other 5%. (in his case, though, those percentages should be reversed)

Then after admitting obama has spoken the truth, you then reclaim that he lies all the time. Just say he lies most of the time and at least that could be possible when you admit he does tell the truth. When you make obviously false statements that even you disagree with it doesn't help your argument. Oh, and since we are talking about lying what would it be when you claim someone is not honest about anything when you acknowledge you know he has been?

Keep your spinning, twirling rationalizations. Save them for someone who gives a ****. If Obama opens his mouth...I assume he's lying until I can verify that he's not. You go ahead and work it the other way around.

I would say the fact someone admits that a person has been honest at some point and then a couple of sentences later turns around and says he has never been honest about anything is also a statement that supports what you just said.

If we ever get a president that actually tries to make every one of his campaign promises and is honest with the people when he should be i am pretty much positive that would be an honest miracle by god. You just simply do not get to the point of becoming president without making stuff up. If a person was that honest it would scare the hell out of everyone.

So...because we don't have a perfectly honest man in the White House...and probably never will (according to you), we should be satisfied with the congenital liar we do have? Is that what you are saying?

No thanks, my dear.

The fact is, an honest person aspiring to public office could not survive in the current political climate. That may be true from president down to dog catcher. Time to tear down the house and build anew.

So...because we don't have a perfectly honest man in the White House...and probably never will (according to you), we should be satisfied with the congenital liar we do have?

I am not saying be satisfied, but be realistic about it. if your goal is not changing the system, then the problems you are complaining about will just move onto the next person. Obama is not particularly dishonest for a president. Here is my question, why do you feel the need to lie, as per your own admission, and say obama does not say anything honest? Why do you hold obama to standards you would complain about if he lived up to, and standards you have never held a republican president to? You are the one claiming standards about honesty while you really just want to complain about obama.
Is that what you are saying?

Well, we can see you are not very good with what other people say, so thanks for at least asking about things you clearly do not understand.
No thanks, my dear.

Well, i was going to offer you a million dollars, but since you do not want it, I will just keep it.

Who the hell is "DrJohn"?
Oh and i love how Obama is by Satan... :lamo

I have a friend and lodge brother from New Orleans named Mac Rebeneck that goes by the name "Dr. John," on stage. But he loves Obama.

Quite a politician. Calls scandals phony. Thinks African-Americans are being targeted by the rest of society because ladies snapped their purses shut when he walked by or people locked their car doors when he walked by. ObamaCare, the national health insurance measure, would lower the cost of medicine and no one would be forced into gov't insurance....

Calls sequester cuts the reason, for example, for less air traffic controllers, military, police, and shutting down of the gov't when sequester cuts were put into place because no one in congress would tackle the cutting of gov't spending (and ObamaCare costs trillions).

Last edited:
I am not saying be satisfied, but be realistic about it. if your goal is not changing the system, then the problems you are complaining about will just move onto the next person. Obama is not particularly dishonest for a president. Here is my question, why do you feel the need to lie, as per your own admission, and say obama does not say anything honest? Why do you hold obama to standards you would complain about if he lived up to, and standards you have never held a republican president to? You are the one claiming standards about honesty while you really just want to complain about obama.

Well, we can see you are not very good with what other people say, so thanks for at least asking about things you clearly do not understand.

Well, i was going to offer you a million dollars, but since you do not want it, I will just keep it.

sigh...in typical liberal fashion, when you cannot justify your position you resort to comparing Obama to some unspecified Republican President. Heck, you COULD have, at least, given that nebulous President a name, eh?

Look, tererun, this thread is about Obama. Not a Republican. Not "all" politicians. Obama. If you can't confine your arguments to him, then you have no arguments worth considering.

sigh...in typical liberal fashion, when you cannot justify your position you resort to comparing Obama to some unspecified Republican President. Heck, you COULD have, at least, given that nebulous President a name, eh?

i did not compare him to a republican. if you would learn to read properly I did not specify either party as both are included in this. You are one of the partisans here who is trying to make this about one single party. All national politicians lie. All national politicians go back on their promises. You might get someone reasonable at the state or local level, but even then it is rare.
Look, tererun, this thread is about Obama. Not a Republican. Not "all" politicians. Obama. If you can't confine your arguments to him, then you have no arguments worth considering.

Just because you cannot deal with my arguments doesn't mean they do not belong. You are just angry because you got caught blatantly contradicting yourself and I pointed it out. Now if you want to make this about obama please do show us how he is more dishonest than other presidents statistically. Do show us how he is the worst with some sort of real comparison and not some biased spouting.

Back
Top Bottom