• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You Ever Heard Of Someone Shooting Theirself In The Foot?

Campbell

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The modern (T)Republican party is the most perfect example of that I've ever heard of.......'course I'm just 79.

When these people will shut down the government over a law which they have tried to repeal 42 times, one which has been heard by the supreme court and found to be OK with the constitution and is ready to be completely enabled, one which the nation's first black president is responsible for being in existence and who was re-elected in the middle of the worst recession our country has ever experienced............what are they thinking?

Last edited:
The modern (T)Republican party is the most perfect example of that I've ever heard of.......'course I'm just 79.

When these people will shut down the government over a law which they have tried to repeal 42 times, one which has been heard by the supreme court and found to be OK with the constitution and is ready to be completely enabled............what are they thinking?

This seems to be you guy's plan:

Halperin: Obama's Shutdown Strategy Banks On The Press Blaming Republicans Like They Did In the '90s | NewsBusters

Sheeple

When these people will shut down the government over a law which they have tried to repeal 42 times, one which has been heard by the supreme court and found to be OK with the constitution and is ready to be completely enabled, one which the nation's first black president is responsible for being in existence and who was re-elected in the middle of the worst recession our country has ever experienced............what are they thinking?

Yeah, I think they're nutz, too.

I think they took their playbook from Wisconsin democrats who left their state enmass in order to shut down the legislature and avoid enacting a law wanted by the majority. (That didn't work either.)

We're now sitting in the handbasket. ;)

I didn't ask about "You Guys" I asked about what's going on.

This time the (T) Republicans are asking ordinary Americans to believe a load of bull****.

Well, some of 'us guys' believe that if we don't try, the ruinous healthcare laws will put the final arrow through this country's heart.

The only thing I can see, and it's not much of a strategy, is the Republicans are trying to frame 2014 as a "party of the people". The argument may be: "Look, we heard you when you didn't want Obamacare and we fought the good fight but lost. We hear you about the national debt and fought the good fight but lost. If you want us to change this, you need to get us in the majority."

The last 30 years of indoctrination, stiff media bias in favor of liberal policies and this WH's objectives as well as the Democratic party's over the top accusations of "terrorism", "extremists" with "bombs strapped to their chests", hold hostages, extortion, guns to heads.... (it goes on ad nauseum) constitutes tasty pablum for the low information voter.

I think they took their playbook from Wisconsin democrats who left their state enmass in order to shut down the legislature and avoid enacting a law wanted by the majority. (That didn't work either.)

Don't blame the Congressmen, blame me. I and my friends have put a torch to the feet of our Congresscritters, they are not happy. They apparently like their jobs too much, which is very good news to me. It means I still have some leverage which we have been using to great effect.

You might think they would have gotten wiser since they shut it down in Clinton years and came up looking like Ned in the Primer. After badmouthing, investigating, impeaching Bill Clinton he left office with an approval rating of 63%. These folks just don't get it.

The latest CR from the House wants the government to treat people the same way they are already treating corporations. It also takes the generous subsidy that Federal workers get so they don't feel the financial pain the rest of us feel.

Reid and Obama refuse to speak to House Republicans. That if anything is a lack of leadership. This government and this administration is so dysfunctional it will take decades to repair the damage they are causing to America. Shutting down the government is an improvement.

The latest CR from the House wants the government to treat people the same way they are already treating corporations. It also takes the generous subsidy that Federal workers get so they don't feel the financial pain the rest of us feel.

Reid and Obama refuse to speak to House Republicans. That if anything is a lack of leadership. This government and this administration is so dysfunctional it will take decades to repair the damage they are causing to America. Shutting down the government is an improvement.

I tend to agree... the longer government is shut down, the better I like it. It's too bad Congress has to continue to get paid though....

Hold that thought and learn how to say Madame President

Final arrow in the country's heart is a bit hyperbolic don't you think?

Just like talk radio, left and right...this election is the MOST IMPORTANT IN YOUR LIFETIME.

Eh, every time they interview a Senator or Representative, left or right, it is the same old talking points, same old blame, same old hyperbolic nonsense, same old shuck and jive.

But, shutting down the government because you don't like a law that was legally passed, hasn't gone into effect, and that you could have elected a president to stop is pretty lame. Glad I didn't take that overseas Fed job last year...

Hold that thought and learn how to say Madame President

You talking about the old lady with the cankles? She screwed up the State Department and you want it to finish the job with the rest of government?

Just like talk radio, left and right...this election is the MOST IMPORTANT IN YOUR LIFETIME.

Eh, every time they interview a Senator or Representative, left or right, it is the same old talking points, same old blame, same old hyperbolic nonsense, same old shuck and jive.

But, shutting down the government because you don't like a law that was legally passed, hasn't gone into effect, and that you could have elected a president to stop is pretty lame. Glad I didn't take that overseas Fed job last year...

"Be Ye Hot Or Be Ye Cold But If You Are Luke Warm I will Spew Thee From My Mouth!" LOL

The bolded above is patently false (as usual). Eight of the 42 bills passed the House, Senate AND were SIGNED by the president (like the 1099 reporting). Many of these 42 were NOT attempts to repeal. You really shouldn't believe all you hear on MSNBC...

The bolded above is patently false (as usual). Eight of the 42 bills passed the House, Senate AND were SIGNED by the president (like the 1099 reporting). Many of these 42 were NOT attempts to repeal. You really shouldn't believe all you hear on MSNBC...
then how about you AND campbell offering links, so we can see which of the two of you is posting the truth

Republicans are following the will of their people.
I for one, am all for it.
Obamacare is a joke and will cost the jobs of working people in this country.
"Pass it so we can understand it". Nancy Pelosi.
"We are going to fundamentally change America". Barak Obama.
"Get a shotgun" Joe Biden.
These are words from the left. Direct quotes that are easily found.
And this is who we should be following? No thanks.

I tend to agree... the longer government is shut down, the better I like it. It's too bad Congress has to continue to get paid though....

I agree. Although I also thunk they would have a better argument if they would have defunded the top government, including themselves, the President, and all top level governmnt until the budget is balanced.

I like dysfunctional. The more dysfunctional they are the less of my money they can spend.

then how about you AND campbell offering links, so we can see which of the two of you is posting the truth

Is there something that would make one believe a link is the truth?

Well, some of 'us guys' believe that if we don't try, the ruinous healthcare laws will put the final arrow through this country's heart.

I think you grossly overestimate the impact of that law. It leaves the fundamentally-broken health care delivery system completely intact. To continue the analogy, this arrow was already drawn. We just fiddled with the feathers a bit.

Also this.

Whats Obamas/Democrats excuse then?

I don't quote Fox News and for the last five years their **** is what Republicans call facts. You know....like Dick Morris and Karl Rove saying Romney would win the election by a landslide.

wake_up_sheeple.png

House GOP launches shutdown battle by voting to defund Obamacare - CNN.com

Wait that's liberal news, here I got this instead

House conservatives submit bill to replace 'ObamaCare,' amid 'defund' fight | Fox News

Did I win?

Back
Top Bottom