• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You Cut....allows us to vote on programs we'd like to have cut from the fed. budget.

Binky

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
You may have to type in what you're looking for. It's pretty cool actually. I voted to eliminate pay raises....

Eric Cantor || Republican Whip || YouCut
It allows you to vote, both online and on your cell phone, on spending cuts ... to learn more about our first week's winning item, a $2.5 billion spending cut. ... After you vote on this week's choices, we need your help in identifying ...
republicanwhip.house.gov/YouCut/

Re: You Cut....allows us to vote on programs we'd like to have cut from the fed. budg

You may have to type in what you're looking for. It's pretty cool actually. I voted to eliminate pay raises....

It allows you to vote, both online and on your cell phone, on spending cuts ... to learn more about our first week's winning item, a $2.5 billion spending cut. ... After you vote on this week's choices, we need your help in identifying ...

Actually, I think it would be cool if we had something like this on our tax forms. Everyone names a program or law and the ones with the most votes get cut and cannot be reauthorized for a certain number of years.

Re: You Cut....allows us to vote on programs we'd like to have cut from the fed. budg

I voted for the pay raise thing too. However, let's hope congress agrees with the American people and actually enacts these cuts.

I voted for the pay raise thing too. However, let's hope congress agrees with the American people and actually enacts these cuts.

We can always live in hope. Glad you at least checked it out and voted....

get a supreme court that actually takes the tenth amendment seriously and our taxes would go down by 90%

get a supreme court that actually takes the tenth amendment seriously and our taxes would go down by 90%

Actually we'd just have a massive federal surplus!

Eh. Dog and pony show.

Cutting all pork wouldn't do squat.

If we actually want to balance our budget, we need to fix/kill social security and medicaid. And reduce military spending.

People who harp on everything else are ignorant, stupid or dishonest.

I don't like that the GOP chooses which programs to cut, and I don't like that there's not a similar program where we can choose which things to increase taxes on in order to raise more federal revenue in order to pay off the deficit. I'd also like to see a program that allows people to choose the government spending they support.

Maybe then, the people will start doing things like increasing taxes on gasoline and support more public transportation in order to help get us off foreign oil and use our energy resources more efficiently.

No, this is not something that should be left up to popular vote. People are selfish and ignorant, generally speaking. "What? FDA? What have they ever done for me? Dump it! Hey, why does my salad taste like lead?" If something doesn't directly help them, people are, on average, going to vote against it. "Research on coastal erosion and its effects on the economy of California? I live in Idaho! Dump it!"

If we cast a popular vote on everything the government does we wouldn't have a government. At all. I'm talking central africa style.

:) or America, circa the early 18th century.

There were only British colonies then.

Amateurs in politics is a bad Idea. Without knowing the full picture, and the consequences, all they have to go on is their feelings.

ricksfolly

Amateurs in politics is a bad Idea. Without knowing the full picture, and the consequences, all they have to go on is their feelings.

I think it's good to let politicians know which programs the citizenry find unpopular. However, I think this should be done mostly with nationwide programs, and that earmarks or statewide programs funded with federal money shouldn't be a part of this. There are a lot of poor areas in the states that rely on federal money for necessities, such as water treatment and the like, and I think they should be able to get money in whichever way they can.

I vote to cut all of them, immediately.

No, not at all like that actually. At least, not the America you're picturing. (that America didn't ever actually exist)

I vote to cut all of them, immediately.

The whole government? Yay anarchy!!

It is funny how you can only vote to cut programmes that Republicans don't like :)

No, this is not something that should be left up to popular vote. People are selfish and ignorant, generally speaking. "What? FDA? What have they ever done for me? Dump it! Hey, why does my salad taste like lead?" If something doesn't directly help them, people are, on average, going to vote against it. "Research on coastal erosion and its effects on the economy of California? I live in Idaho! Dump it!"

If we cast a popular vote on everything the government does we wouldn't have a government. At all. I'm talking central africa style.

your first sentence says it all. This is how obama was elected. selfishness and ignorance

The whole government? Yay anarchy!!

No, silly. All of those listed. Probably a lot more too. I would not cut the entire government, although there are probably no programs I can think of that don't deserve a severe trimming.

There were only British colonies then.

:shrug: through the early 19th century. the notion that we 'need' a strong overpowering central government that extends into every corner of our existance is ludicrous.

It is funny how you can only vote to cut programmes that Republicans don't like :)

ummm you missed the parts on cutting the military? on raising taxes?

No, not at all like that actually. At least, not the America you're picturing. (that America didn't ever actually exist)

yes, it did. it took along time for our central governent to become as big and powerful as it has. see, for example, my li'l quote.

Dumb. The average person doesnt understand enough about basic political processes, let alone the various programs they'd be voting for, to make an informed vote.

Back
Top Bottom