• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

You can't make this mess up!?

stsburns

American Infidel
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
"Our troops are raiding, terrorizing, the Iraqies and their children. Iraqies should be doing it!"-John Kerry on Fox News Network

John I hate to disappoint you but that doesn't even make sense? You say you support our troops, but call them "terrorist." Then you go onto contridict yourself by saying "Iraqies should be raiding, TERRORIZING, the Iraqies and their children." It's amazing of the things you can come up with, when you get a $200,000 paycheck? And Bush is overspending! But Kerry didn't hit him in the presidents weakspot, he went for his parties position against the president. :rofl

stsburns said:
"Our troops are raiding, terrorizing, the Iraqies and their children. Iraqies should be doing it!"-John Kerry on Fox News Network

John I hate to disappoint you but that doesn't even make sense? You say you support our troops, but call them "terrorist." Then you go onto contridict yourself by saying "Iraqies should be raiding, TERRORIZING, the Iraqies and their children." It's amazing of the things you can come up with, when you get a $200,000 paycheck? And Bush is overspending! But Kerry didn't hit him in the presidents weakspot, he went for his parties position against the president. :rofl

The man is a raving maniac...He did the same thing to the troops when he came back from Nam....He had total disdain for the military then and he still does.........

stsburns said:
"Our troops are raiding, terrorizing, the Iraqies and their children. Iraqies should be doing it!"-John Kerry

Not surprising considering the source..

stsburns said:

You guys are so pathetic. We all say things that don't make sense. The gist of his statements was that our soldiers doing night sweeps into Iraqis's home was making the Iraqis hate us more--that Iraqis should be doing the night sweeps. Think about it, I would rather Americans coming into my house than Iraqis, Iranis, etc. It's called common sense.

And by the way, saying that someone terrorizes someone else is not calling that person a terrorist. Sometimes I worry about some people's reading comprehension, although I am guessing that Fox news provided you with the above analysis. LOL

aps said:
You guys are so pathetic. We all say things that don't make sense.
You're actually going to use this as your apology for Kerry?

KCConservative said:

Yes. Do you have a problem with it? ;)

Do you want me to go into Bushisms? He says stuff all the time that doesn't make sense. It's human.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

What Kerry said wasn't a Bushism or an occasional slip of the tongue that we're all guilty of... his statement was loud and clear.

stsburns said:

I'd think armed, foreign troops breaking into your house in the dark in the middle of the night wearing their gear and point guns at everybody would count as terrifying, to everyone, particularly a kid. Wouldn't you?

KCConservative said:

What are your thoughts (if any) on what was posted immediately below that?

The gist of his statements was that our soldiers doing night sweeps into Iraqis's home was making the Iraqis hate us more--that Iraqis should be doing the night sweeps. Think about it, I would rather Americans coming into my house than Iraqis, Iranis, etc. It's called common sense.

The Real McCoy said:
What Kerry said wasn't a Bushism or an occasional slip of the tongue that we're all guilty of... his statement was loud and clear.
Yep. Pretty clear. He said Iraqis must stand up so that we can stand down.

Our troops go where the information FROM Iraqi's, takes us. No one is terrorizing the nation more then the insurgents, and this is a necessary evil. Kerry is an idiot, he should know better, as he claims he raided villages himself, what a sorry excuse for an American this clown is, f**king sad really.:roll:

Deegan said:
Our troops go where the information FROM Iraqi's, takes us. No one is terrorizing the nation more then the insurgents, and this is a necessary evil. Kerry is an idiot, he should know better, as he claims he raided villages himself, what a sorry excuse for an American this clown is, f**king sad really.:roll:

You agree US raids are terrorizing, and thus Kerry's statement is accurate, but he should shut up because it is a necessary evil.

I understand this as the conservative point of view. It's OK that the war was based on a "mistake", its OK tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians have been killed because of it; its OK our guys were "hazing" the prisoners at Abu Grave, it's OK we ignore basic human rights, it's OK we've encouraged thousands of foreign radical terrorists into Iraq; it's all a necessary evil. And anyone who objects to this should just shut up, and its really f**king sad if they don't.

That pretty well sums up the conservatives view, doesn't it?

Iriemon said:
You agree US raids are terrorizing, and thus Kerry's statement is accurate, but he should shut up because it is a necessary evil.

I understand this as the conservative point of view. It's OK that the war was based on a "mistake", its OK scores of thousands of Iraqi civilians have been killed because of it; its OK our guys were hazing the prisoners at Abu Grave, it's OK we ignore basic human rights, it's OK we've encouraged thousands of foreign radical terrorists into Iraq; it's all a necessary evil. And anyone who objects to this should just shut up, and its really f**king sad if they don't.

That pretty well sums up the conservatives view, doesn't it?

I never agreed to any such thing. What I said was clear enough, it's a necessary evil, sure, people are frightened, but it's better then being dead. They are looking for the terrorists, and if they do terrorize some in the process, well that is the evil in the deed. Still, it is something that is saving lives, so it must continue, even if bleeding heart liberals can't stomach it, it must continue.

stsburns said:

I looked many times through different sources and cannot find this quote anywhere but posted by you on this forum and also one other poster on another forum (who also failed to provide a link). Reason I am looking is because this quote is most likely completely out of context.

Here is an example of another quote that seems bad when out of context:

"The truth of that matter is, Saddam would still be in power if [Kerry] were the president of the United States, and the world would be a lot better off." —George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

Last edited:
aps said:
You guys are so pathetic. We all say things that don't make sense. The gist of his statements was that our soldiers doing night sweeps into Iraqis's home was making the Iraqis hate us more--that Iraqis should be doing the night sweeps. Think about it, I would rather Americans coming into my house than Iraqis, Iranis, etc. It's called common sense.

And by the way, saying that someone terrorizes someone else is not calling that person a terrorist. Sometimes I worry about some people's reading comprehension, although I am guessing that Fox news provided you with the above analysis. LOL

Why does Kerry always attack the troops whether it be Nam or Iraq?

aps said:
Yes. Do you have a problem with it? ;)

Do you want me to go into Bushisms? He says stuff all the time that doesn't make sense. It's human.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

aps, President Bush makes some mis statements sometime but you never hear him attacking the troops in Iraq like Kerry does.........

Navy Pride said:

Navy Pride, please do a little research on what Kerry said and in the context with which it was said. You failed to address this part of my post:

The gist of his statements was that our soldiers doing night sweeps into Iraqis's home was making the Iraqis hate us more--that Iraqis should be doing the night sweeps. Think about it, I would rather Americans coming into my house than Iraqis, Iranis, etc. It's called common sense.

How is THAT attacking troops?

Iriemon said:
I'd think armed, foreign troops breaking into your house in the dark in the middle of the night wearing their gear and point guns at everybody would count as terrifying, to everyone, particularly a kid. Wouldn't you?

When they break into those houses there are usually terrorists there making bombs to kill Americans.................Whaat part of that do you not understand?????

I don't get it..........Why do democrats always attack our troops? In the last week you have 3 incidents of dems opening their mouth and inserting their foot.........

1. Murtha saying our military is broke.........

2. Dean saying our military is losing in Iraq

3. And now Kerry's stupid statement....

Why don't they just shut up? Don't they know that by these stupid and false statements it hurts the morale of the troops and aids the morale of the terrorists???

Or do they even care????

Navy Pride said:

Kerry tells us a little bit about war is like. Just as in Vietnam, he didn't attack the troops, but informed the public a little bit about some of the stuff that goes on in a war.

Conservatives, who automatically oppose anything that interferes with continuing the war, then attack guys like Kerry as "attacking the troops" hoping to confuse people about the message.

Navy Pride said:
aps, President Bush makes some mis statements sometime but you never hear him attacking the troops in Iraq like Kerry does.........

No, Bush supports his war, which to conservatives means supporting the troops.

Iriemon said:
Kerry tells us a little bit about war is like. Just as in Vietnam, he didn't attack the troops, but informed the public a little bit about some of the stuff that goes on in a war.

Conservatives, who automatically oppose anything that interferes with continuing the war, then attack guys like Kerry as "attacking the troops" hoping to confuse people about the message.

I don't know after all that this man has said and how he has flip flopped on every issue anyone could still believe anything he says..........Thank God there are democrats like Senator Leiberman that will put partisn politics aside and tell the truth about what is actually happening in Iraq.......

Originally Posted by Iriemon

Navy Pride said:
When they break into those houses there are usually terrorists there making bombs to kill Americans.................Whaat part of that do you not understand?????

Sure. I understand. And American bombs never kill innocent Iraqis, do they? They only kill terrorists, right? In fact, there are no innocent Iraqis, they are all terrorists, so it doesn't matter if our troops break into their houses in the middle of the night or our bombs kill them.

aps said:
Navy Pride, please do a little research on what Kerry said and in the context with which it was said. You failed to address this part of my post:

How is THAT attacking troops?

aps I already posted a thread on this subject but one of the liberal moderators moved it to the basement.......In that thread I posted Kerry's complete statement..........

He attacked the troops by saying they were breaking into people homes and terrorizing families when in fact they are going into these homes and capturing terrorists who are making bombs and trying to kill them...........

Kerry said nothing about that.........

Navy Pride said:
I don't get it..........Why do democrats always attack our troops? In the last week you have 3 incidents of dems opening their mouth and inserting their foot.........

1. Murtha saying our military is broke.........

2. Dean saying our military is losing in Iraq

3. And now Kerry's stupid statement....

Why don't they just shut up? Don't they know that by these stupid and false statements it hurts the morale of the troops and aids the morale of the terrorists???

Or do they even care????

Because we are sick of Americans dying, Iraqis dying, our debt skyrocketing, because of a mistake. Many mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom