• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

You can't make this mess up!?

Gibberish said:
I looked many times through different sources and cannot find this quote anywhere but posted by you on this forum and also one other poster on another forum (who also failed to provide a link). Reason I am looking is because this quote is most likely completely out of context.

Here is an example of another quote that seems bad when out of context:

"The truth of that matter is, Saddam would still be in power if [Kerry] were the president of the United States, and the world would be a lot better off." —George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004
Sorry I kinda caught the qoute surfing through channels? As for your source you didn't even qoute the channel!? YOU WILL NOT FIND A LINK FOR IT BECAUSE IT IS TELEVISED! :doh

The Real McCoy said:
lol.. was that a rejection or an approval?
"Both are good choices, whatever floats your boat."-Bender, Futurama :rofl

stsburns said:
Sorry I kinda caught the qoute surfing through channels? As for your source you didn't even qoute the channel!? YOU WILL NOT FIND A LINK FOR IT BECAUSE IT IS TELEVISED! :doh

Quotes and/or speeches made by Goverment officials are usually in written format also. I find it interesting that this one cannot be found through any credible media source.

I do love how many of the posters jump on this quote as it is 100% credible without even a question when not a single source is provided, other then it was on fox news. Though fox news does not seem to have the quote anywhere in their archives.

Unless a quote or fact is directly published by a credible source I take it as a lie and propoganda.

Last edited:
Iriemon said:
Sure. I understand. And American bombs never kill innocent Iraqis, do they? They only kill terrorists, right? In fact, there are no innocent Iraqis, they are all terrorists, so it doesn't matter if our troops break into their houses in the middle of the night or our bombs kill them.

You live in a fantansy world my friend........Here is a flash for you...........When there is a war innocent people always die...They did in WW1, WW2, Korea, Viet Nam, Gulf War 1 and the Iraq War.........That is a fact of life........I know you don't believe this but our troops do everything possible to protect civilian lives even to the point of endnagering their own lives...........

They are the good guys...........

Gibberish said:
Quotes and/or speeches made by Goverment officials are usually in written format also. I find it interesting that this one cannot be found through any credible media source.

Or is it something the was said in the past few hours?

I do love how many of the posters jump on this quote as it is 100% credible without even a question when not a single source is provided, other then it was on fox news. Though fox news does not seem to have the quote anywhere in their archives.

I posted the quote in full from a CNN news source (hardly a bastion of conservatism) one of the Liberal mods moved it to the basement for some reason.........You can check it out there............

aps
The gist of his statements was that our soldiers doing night sweeps into Iraqis's home was making the Iraqis hate us more--that Iraqis should be doing the night sweeps...
terrorizing their own people as the democrats portray the soldiers as doing? That is where the inconsistancy comes in! Hint, hint!

It's not taken out of context, you just can't follow along a simple statement, nor can recognize when someone slips! :doh

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
I posted the quote in full from a CNN news source (hardly a bastion of conservatism) one of the Liberal mods moved it to the basement for some reason.........You can check it out there............
Yea they do have the tenacy to delete posts they don't like. I just keep them on my computers notepad and repost them later! He he! :mrgreen:

Iriemon said:
Because we are sick of Americans dying, Iraqis dying, our debt skyrocketing, because of a mistake. Many mistakes.
What about the countless years of Saddam dodging weapons inspections, and NO FLY ZONES?

stsburns said:
Yea they do have the tenacy to delete posts they don't like. I just keep them on my computers notepad and repost them later! He he! :mrgreen:

Yeah the moderator had elephants as his avatar......Haven't figured that one out yet.........Maybe he is a Billo follower.........

By the way where the hell is Billo........I kind of miss his input...........

stsburns said:
What about the countless years of Saddam dodging weapons inspections, and NO FLY ZONES?

Yeah and giving 25K to terrorist families in Israel?

Navy Pride said:
Yeah the moderator had elephants as his avatar......Haven't figured that one out yet.........Maybe he is a Billo follower.........

By the way where the hell is Billo........I kind of miss his input...........
I dunno. I've responded to some of his posts last week and haven't heard from him since? I miss the personal attacks......................................well not really! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom