• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You can not teach Trump, an old dog, new tricks

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I can see how this election is already going. Trump is going to try and use the same things he did in 2016 to try and win reelection.First it is name calling. He is calling his opponents names such as sleepy Joe. Next he is trying to suppress the vote. In 2016 he used voter ID, roll purges and reducing the number of polling places in Dem districts. Getting help from the Russians bots is also something he relies on and will once again use in 2020. He will continue to use those in 2920, but add ruining the USPS. And now he is going back to his favorite, birtherism. All of these old tricks have worked for him once, but will they work again?

I suspect Trump was not teachable in his youth, either.

I can see how this election is already going. Trump is going to try and use the same things he did in 2016 to try and win reelection.First it is name calling. He is calling his opponents names such as sleepy Joe. Next he is trying to suppress the vote. In 2016 he used voter ID, roll purges and reducing the number of polling places in Dem districts. Getting help from the Russians bots is also something he relies on and will once again use in 2020. He will continue to use those in 2920, but add ruining the USPS. And now he is going back to his favorite, birtherism. All of these old tricks have worked for him once, but will they work again?

He will win (and the reduced polling places in democratic districts is because of democrats not being willing to work the polls in those districts)

He will win (and the reduced polling places in democratic districts is because of democrats not being willing to work the polls in those districts)

Have the National Guard there to run the polling places, problem solved.

Southern U.S. states have closed 1,200 polling places in recent years: rights group - Reuters
You should not believe Faux News when t comes to the truth. GOP run states have been closing polling places over the past four elections with Texas closing the most. DO you really think it is all because the Dems can not get workers? If you do I have a bridge I would like to sell you cheap. Trumpsters really need to go beyond Faux News and Rash Limberger for their information and they might actually become educated voters. This has always been about suppressing the Dem vote and is totally unAmerican. But I think you already know that.

Have the National Guard there to run the polling places, problem solved.

Trying to disenfranchise the National Guard to reduce GOP support I see.

If they are their working the polls all day, they can't vote

Sure they can, heck they have more chance than anyone they are right there. Good Grief.:roll:

Southern U.S. states have closed 1,200 polling places in recent years: rights group - Reuters
You should not believe Faux News when t comes to the truth. GOP run states have been closing polling places over the past four elections with Texas closing the most. DO you really think it is all because the Dems can not get workers? If you do I have a bridge I would like to sell you cheap. Trumpsters really need to go beyond Faux News and Rash Limberger for their information and they might actually become educated voters. This has always been about suppressing the Dem vote and is totally unAmerican. But I think you already know that.

I know that it is because these places cannot get workers to work the polls. This is what happens when you rely on day workers to run elections. Take your choice of left leaning sources.

Shortages of poll workers, polling places put election officials on alert for November - CBS News

The Pandemic Is Causing a Shortage of Poll Workers. Can States Recruit Enough By Election Day? | Time

The pandemic has caused a serious shortage of poll workers. Your high schooler can help - CNNPolitics

2020 election: How young people can fix poll worker shortages - Los Angeles Times

Sure they can, heck they have more chance than anyone they are right there. Good Grief.:roll:

National guard units are not organized based on their polling districts. Good Grief is right :roll:

National guard units are not organized based on their polling districts. Good Grief is right :roll:

True, but the Governor can make special rules for them, or allow them to vote by mail, or with notice they can vote early. Stop making excuses.

True, but the Governor can make special rules for them, or allow them to vote by mail, or with notice they can vote early. Stop making excuses.

They can't vote by mail. Trump has shut down the USPS according to the Honest Dems.

They can't vote by mail. Trump has shut down the USPS according to the Honest Dems.

Sure they can if the Governor allows it, or they can vote early, here in Texas it is from 13 Oct to the 30th, that is two weeks just before the election. No, he is trying to defund them he is hoping to shut them down before mail in ballots start arriving. Clue Nothing is going to save trump at this point, and if he goes too far with his cheating it wont matter if he can suppress the vote, it is a crime to do so and is grounds for removal from office then criminal charges.

Sure they can if the Governor allows it, or they can vote early, here in Texas it is from 13 Oct to the 30th, that is two weeks just before the election. No, he is trying to defund them he is hoping to shut them down before mail in ballots start arriving. Clue Nothing is going to save trump at this point, and if he goes too far with his cheating it wont matter if he can suppress the vote, it is a crime to do so and is grounds for removal from office then criminal charges.

It is kind of sad to see the democrats resort to this kind of nonsensical argument. They have gone from a Tale of Two Cities to A city with slow mail inside of a generation. Screw the post office getting $25B. If you want to give $3B for pollworkers and ballot counters that is fine. Nothing for the USPS. I notice the democrats aren't complaining that all their stupid little "Elect Me!!!!" mailers might not be delivered.

It is kind of sad to see the democrats resort to this kind of nonsensical argument. They have gone from a Tale of Two Cities to A city with slow mail inside of a generation. Screw the post office getting $25B. If you want to give $3B for pollworkers and ballot counters that is fine. Nothing for the USPS. I notice the democrats aren't complaining that all their stupid little "Elect Me!!!!" mailers might not be delivered.

Wow, went off on a tangent there did ya. Not a Democrat, sorry to disappoint, awww. Hey, did ya hear, trump is now ready to agree to funding the USPS if they make a deal in Congress, your Boy is getting desperate and killing the arguments he sent you guys off with, when will you Learn :lamo

Wow, went off on a tangent there did ya. Not a Democrat, sorry to disappoint, awww. Hey, did ya hear, trump is now ready to agree to funding the USPS if they make a deal in Congress, your Boy is getting desperate and killing the arguments he sent you guys off with, when will you Learn :lamo

He isn't my boy and it Doesn't matter. The Senate is never passing it and the House will never agree to the concessions he wants.

He isn't my boy and it Doesn't matter. The Senate is never passing it and the House will never agree to the concessions he wants.

Oh I disagree...…
They want a bailout package, but just before the election hoping it will save their careers, they will sign off on a Bill with much of what those evil Libs want, they have Zero Choice. Watch and Learn.

Oh I disagree...…
They want a bailout package, but just before the election hoping it will save their careers, they will sign off on a Bill with much of what those evil Libs want, they have Zero Choice. Watch and Learn.

Keep dreaming. Trump's concessions he wants are 1) Reduced salaries from postal workers 2) higher prices for postage, including package delivery and 3) more privatization of the USPS. It only takes 1 Senator to tank the deal by putting a hold on it the same way Tammy Duckworth is holding up military promotions, and well, like it or not, there are Senators who are a tad bit stingy.

Liberals will counter with identity politics, hypocricy, more government, more taxes etc etc. And they when they lose again they'll start screaming about the Russians.

Keep dreaming. Trump's concessions he wants are 1) Reduced salaries from postal workers 2) higher prices for postage, including package delivery and 3) more privatization of the USPS. It only takes 1 Senator to tank the deal by putting a hold on it the same way Tammy Duckworth is holding up military promotions, and well, like it or not, there are Senators who are a tad bit stingy.

He is willing to give them 25 Billion USD, they will survive until Biden takes over.

You do realize that they could vote by absentee ballot. THINK????????

So you are admitting that trump is shutting down the USPS just to stop people from voting. THANK YOU

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom