• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You Can Keep Your Insurance If You Like It Alert:

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
You Can Keep Your Insurance If You Like It Alert: Home Depot To Dump 20K Workers Onto Obamacare Exchanges…

The train wreck continues.

Via Bloomberg News:

Home Depot Inc. (HD), the world’s largest home improvement retailer, plans to end medical coverage for about 20,000 part-time employees and direct them to government-sponsored exchanges scheduled to open next month as companies revamp benefits to fit the U.S. Affordable Care Act.

Employees with fewer than 30 hours a week will no longer be offered limited liability medical coverage, Stephen Holmes, a spokesman, said today by telephone. About 5 percent of Atlanta-based Home Depot’s 340,000 employees are enrolled in that plan.​

Read more:
You Can Keep Your Insurance If You Like It Alert: Home Depot To Dump 20K Workers Onto Obamacare Exchanges… | Weasel Zippers

Obama solved one thing. He's ended the 40 hour week for Americans. But he has also lied to us about keeping your insurance if you want to keep it.

Ha, another one bites the dust. I wonder how bad it's going to have to get before something is done.

You Can Keep Your Insurance If You Like It Alert: Home Depot To Dump 20K Workers Onto Obamacare Exchanges…

The train wreck continues.

Via Bloomberg News:

Home Depot Inc. (HD), the world’s largest home improvement retailer, plans to end medical coverage for about 20,000 part-time employees and direct them to government-sponsored exchanges scheduled to open next month as companies revamp benefits to fit the U.S. Affordable Care Act.

Employees with fewer than 30 hours a week will no longer be offered limited liability medical coverage, Stephen Holmes, a spokesman, said today by telephone. About 5 percent of Atlanta-based Home Depot’s 340,000 employees are enrolled in that plan.​

Read more:
You Can Keep Your Insurance If You Like It Alert: Home Depot To Dump 20K Workers Onto Obamacare Exchanges… | Weasel Zippers

Obama solved one thing. He's ended the 40 hour week for Americans. But he has also lied to us about keeping your insurance if you want to keep it.

I have not read the whole thing, but my impression was not very positive based on that reading and secondary literature. The law seems better than other national programs I have looked at and the US does need to do something to make healthcare more efficient. And I might be wrong. But this law is going to hit a lot of people hard without achieving the main goal.

Ha, another one bites the dust. I wonder how bad it's going to have to get before something is done.

Obama said we'll look back in 5 years and wonder what all the fuss was about. So....never.

I have not read the whole thing, but my impression was not very positive based on that reading and secondary literature. The law seems better than other national programs I have looked at and the US does need to do something to make healthcare more efficient. And I might be wrong. But this law is going to hit a lot of people hard without achieving the main goal.

Democrats in my area are saying the working poor won't get the benefits of expanded Medicaid or subsidies and will continue to use emergency rooms as their healthcare.

Democrats in my area are saying the working poor won't get the benefits of expanded Medicaid or subsidies and will continue to use emergency rooms as their healthcare.

For most indications that sounds a reasonable bet.

Insurance News - IBM To Drop Retiree Health Care Plan, …
insurancenewsnet.com/.../09/08/ibm-to-drop-retiree-health-care-plan...
U.S. technology giant IBM said it will close down its current healthcare plan for retired workers and subsidize healthcare for Medicare-eligible retirees. The change
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPS to drop 15,000 workers' spouses from insurance, blames ...
money.cnn.com/2013/08/21/news/companies/ups-obamacare
Aug 22, 2013 · UPS is planning to drop nearly half of the 33,000 workers' spouses currently on its health insurance plan. Blame Obamacare, it tells employees.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Employers dropping coverage for thousands of spouses over ...
www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/21/employers-dropping-coverage...
Aug 21, 2013 · Republican lawmakers are raising new concerns about ObamaCare after several large employers announced they are dropping health coverage for …

Perhaps you claim you are unaware of the subject as you claim. Just thought I'd give you more to read on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom