• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

You can choose not to be pregnant without abortion.

jimmyjack

Banned
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
1
Location
U.K England
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Conservative
You can choose not to be pregnant without abortion.

Yes, it is true, the choice not to be pregnant without abortion does exist and it is done on a far more humane level, it is called: abstinence, this method will also help reduce sexually transmitted diseases and is an all round healthier option than alternate methods such as destroying humans in the womb.
 

NCPilot

New member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
There's also other ways such as condoms!
 
F

FallingPianos

jimmyjack said:
You can choose not to be pregnant without abortion.

Yes, it is true, the choice not to be pregnant without abortion does exist and it is done on a far more humane level, it is called: abstinence, this method will also help reduce sexually transmitted diseases and is an all round healthier option than alternate methods such as destroying humans in the womb.

most women can yes, but that doesnt help women that are raped. not that rape is the cause of a large percentage or abortions, but it is part of it.

what about them?
 

NCPilot

New member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
jimmyjack said:
But we are constantly told that these fail.

and yet, the same people who keep on having sex all the time says there's less than 2% of them catching STD's if they use condoms. So these condoms can prevent STDs, but not pregency? You can't have your cake and eat it too, it can either prevent both, or neither! Plus, wouldn't Trojan be in hot water if their products don't work?
 
Last edited:

NCPilot

New member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
star2589 said:
most women can yes, but that doesnt help women that are raped. not that rape is the cause of a large percentage or abortions, but it is part of it.

what about them?

You know, the woman could turn a negative into a positive. She could have the child and raise the child in a caring and loving house hold, even if it is by herself. I mean why punish the child for something the father did?

I hear all the time about how Pro-Choice/Pro-Abortion people are for the woman to have choice, but what about the child? I mean do you honestly think that the child would've want to be concieved because of rape? Where is the child's choice when it comes to abortion?
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
NCPilot said:
and yet, the same people who keep on having sex all the time says there's less than 2% of them catching STD's if they use condoms. So these condoms can prevent STDs, but not pregency? You can't have your cake and eat it too, it can either prevent both, or neither! Plus, wouldn't Trojan be in hot water if their products don't work?

Condoms are roughly 90% effective (someone want to back me up with the real number? I'm too lazy to look). Nothing works all the time.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
star2589 said:
most women can yes, but that doesnt help women that are raped. not that rape is the cause of a large percentage or abortions, but it is part of it.

what about them?

I find it so odd when prolife people insist that babies conceived from rape are less deserving of life than babies conceived from a normal sexual encounter.
 

NCPilot

New member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Kelzie said:
Condoms are roughly 90% effective (someone want to back me up with the real number? I'm too lazy to look). Nothing works all the time.

That is true, nothing does work all the time. However, I was pointing out the fallacy in the argument that while when performing sex, they have a 2% chance of catching STD's when they use condoms, but when it come to sperm passage, they break all the time. There's a fallacy in that argument.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
NCPilot said:
That is true, nothing does work all the time. However, I was pointing out the fallacy in the argument that while when performing sex, they have a 2% chance of catching STD's when they use condoms, but when it come to sperm passage, they break all the time. There's a fallacy in that argument.

Fair enough.
 

Captain America

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
22,784
Reaction score
13,080
Location
Wisconsin
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
Condoms breaking? I should be so lucky.:roll:

I would be more worried about it falling off.:rofl
 
F

FallingPianos

NCPilot said:
You know, the woman could turn a negative into a positive. She could have the child and raise the child in a caring and loving house hold, even if it is by herself.

sure, but that doesn't mean the woman had any choice in the matter of getting pregnant.
 
F

FallingPianos

Kelzie said:
I find it so odd when prolife people insist that babies conceived from rape are less deserving of life than babies conceived from a normal sexual encounter.

as do I :confused:
 
F

FallingPianos

NCPilot said:
That is true, nothing does work all the time. However, I was pointing out the fallacy in the argument that while when performing sex, they have a 2% chance of catching STD's when they use condoms, but when it come to sperm passage, they break all the time. There's a fallacy in that argument.

It might be that on a given act of unprotected sex, a pregnancy is more likely to occur then desease transmission, but I dont know.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
star2589 said:
It might be that on a given act of unprotected sex, a pregnancy is more likely to occur then desease transmission, but I dont know.

That's actually true. A little known fact that your sex ed teacher didn't inform you of is that it's almost impossible to catch AIDS from a one time event. Provided it's traditional (read: not anal) sex. Don't know about other STDs.
 
F

FallingPianos

Kelzie said:
God I'm so confused. I could have sworn you were prolife.

I just dont think rape has anything to do with it.

I'm not completely pro-life, I'm ok with early term abortions. But I tend to debate with pro-choice people more than pro-life people, so I could easily appear purely pro-life.
 
F

FallingPianos

Kelzie said:
That's actually true. A little known fact that your sex ed teacher didn't inform you of is that it's almost impossible to catch AIDS from a one time event. Provided it's traditional (read: not anal) sex. Don't know about other STDs.

I knew that about HIV, but I think HIV is one of the more difficult deseases to transmit. but again, im not sure about that. lol
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
star2589 said:
I just dont think rape has anything to do with it.

I'm not completely pro-life, I'm ok with early term abortions. But I tend to debate with pro-choice people more than pro-life people, so I could easily appear purely pro-life.

That's why I was confused. Wait, why were you debating me when I said I wasn't okay with abortion after viability? :confused:
 
F

FallingPianos

Kelzie said:
That's why I was confused. Wait, why were you debating me when I said I wasn't okay with abortion after viability? :confused:

I dont remember, you'll have to point out the thread.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
star2589 said:
I dont remember, you'll have to point out the thread.

It was the abortion=murder down in the basement.
 

NCPilot

New member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'm Pro-Life, just to make sure no one is confused about that. :lol:
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
NCPilot said:
I'm Pro-Life, just to make sure no one is confused about that. :lol:

Huh that's strange. I would have pegged you as prochoice. Maybe I should stop playing this "let's guess their stance" game. I appear to be really bad at it. :mrgreen:
 

NCPilot

New member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Kelzie said:
Huh that's strange. I would have pegged you as prochoice. Maybe I should stop playing this "let's guess their stance" game. I appear to be really bad at it. :mrgreen:

LOL, don't worry Miss Cleo can't play it either! :mrgreen: :lol:
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
NCPilot said:
LOL, don't worry Miss Cleo can't play it either! :mrgreen: :lol:

Yeah but she gets paid a lot of money to not be able to play it. :lol:
 
Top Bottom