• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You Are A Cake Baker

Do you notify the police?

• No. I feel I would be discriminating against him

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Yes. If I can help prevent a possible terrorist attack, I will.

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
Its not "my subjectivity" its laws and rights

not baking a vagina cake isn't illegal discrimination (as long as i dont make them for anybody)
not making a wedding cake because the people that want it are gay is illegal discrimination against sexual orientation

its very simple actually

Ok, but why? Offensiveness is subjective, what makes these examples different, other than law?

A Muslim wants you to bake a cake for him, decorated with a terrorist shooting an assault weapon and bullets flying everywhere. Do you alert the police to this or not?

I would make it for him, but Im so bad at baking cakes that it would end up like this:

LFkRR0B.jpg

I would offer a decorated pork pie instead.

Ok, but why? Offensiveness is subjective, what makes these examples different, other than law?

whats "offensiveness" have to do with it?
its about rights, offensiveness is a nonfactor.

You Are A Cake Baker meaning excuse my ignorance but I'm Italian and I do not understand what it is or what it means to Baker and do not understand your survey you can be more specific with simple words.

A baker is someone who bakes cakes...birthday cakes, wedding cakes, etc.

Sure. So why does a gay person have a right to a cake that a straight person doesn't?

Nobody has a right to cake where did you possibly get that from.

Are you kidding? Every cake I made for a muslim would have a terrorist on it.

A Muslim wants you to bake a cake for him, decorated with a terrorist shooting an assault weapon and bullets flying everywhere. Do you alert the police to this or not?

Of course I wouldn't call the police. I also don't call the police when I see people wearing tee shirts with Charles Manson's face on them and "Charlie was robbed" written underneath.

Yes, I'd bake him the cake if I wanted to make a profit, which I would suspect I always do. Or I would tell him no if I didn't want to make a profit, or if I just didn't feel like baking it.

Just poison the cake.

Be sure to get a full cash payment for it, though.....no checks.

yep probably this.....
secondly what a retarded poll that doesn't understand how illegal discrimination works or terrorism lol
Lastly not making a cake because it depicts terrorism is not illegal discrimination. Its on the level of not making a cake in the shape of a vagina if a person doesnt want too.
Your jump to discrimination is illogical. It could be nothing more than alerting the police to potential terroristic intent/violence, which is supposedly what good people do if they think there might be a threat. This could be perceived as a sign of a threat. Every time something happens we as a society get chastised for "ignoring the signs", so we don't get the luxury of not being paranoid anymore.

When will people learn that, if you're doing something that might garner unwanted LE attention, you need to be self-sufficient. Make your own damn cake!

Just poison the cake.

Be sure to get a full cash payment for it, though.....no checks.

And you get sent straight to the gas chamber afterwards. Real smart idea...

Bake him a penis cake instead.

Your jump to discrimination is illogical. It could be nothing more than alerting the police to potential terroristic intent/violence, which is supposedly what good people do if they think there might be a threat. This could be perceived as a sign of a threat. Every time something happens we as a society get chastised for "ignoring the signs", so we don't get the luxury of not being paranoid anymore.

uhm maybe you should read the OP again. Its not "my jump" the OP says "No. I feel I would be discriminating against him" the OP is making the jump and I was in fact sayign what you are saying, thats illogical. I even say in my post your quoted "Lastly not making a cake because it depicts terrorism is not illegal discrimination."

no biggie though just a misunderstanding, we all do that some times

No

I call the FBI

but first, I sell him the cake and collect payment

Last edited:
uhm maybe you should read the OP again. Its not "my jump" the OP says "No. I feel I would be discriminating against him" the OP is making the jump and I was in fact sayign what you are saying, thats illogical. I even say in my post your quoted "Lastly not making a cake because it depicts terrorism is not illegal discrimination."

no biggie though just a misunderstanding, we all do that some times
You are correct. He said that in his poll, but he didn't say that in his original post. My apologies.

You are correct. He said that in his poll, but he didn't say that in his original post. My apologies.

Apology accepted which shows integrity but not needed, we all make mistakes. We agreed and you just didnt know it :)

Please show us with appropriate documentation how often this has actually happened, ever.

Please show us with appropriate documentation how often this has actually happened, ever.

This is a hypothetical poll question, just as many other polls on here are. I didn't read in the forum rules that I needed documentation for the poll question. Please show me with appropriate documentation where it says in the forum rules that I can't pose a hypothetical question.

Am I the only one that would bake the cake and turn a profit?

This is a hypothetical poll question, just as many other polls on here are. I didn't read in the forum rules that I needed documentation for the poll question. Please show me with appropriate documentation where it says in the forum rules that I can't pose a hypothetical question.

It comes across as yet another example of conservative hysteria. And I need airtight proof that that is not what the OP is before I even consider entertaining it.

You actually have to have this explained to you? Seriously?

Four words: Right back at you.

Back
Top Bottom