• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You’d probably be surprised that I happen to lean left on these specific social issues...

eman926

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
No, I am not talking about gay “marriage” or abortion, but actually spanking and infant circumcision. I’m not a fan of physically harming a child. A guilty adult yes (for a serious crime), but not children. And I’ve learned that a lot of things taught about either subjects are actually cultural myths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I am not talking about gay “marriage” or abortion, but actually spanking and infant circumcision. I’m not a fan of physically harming a child. A guilty adult yes (for a serious crime), but not children. And I’ve learned that a lot of things taught about either subjects are actually cultural myths.

I don't "lean left" or "lean right" on these issues. (who says there's a left or right lean on spanking and circumcision, anyway?) Like everything else, I don't follow any herds on these issues.

Spanking. I never did it. Two sons...one of them ADHD...no spanking. Setting and adhering to consequences turned both into fine men.

Circumcision. Not a fan, but one son is circumcised (medical issue) and one son is not.

Stop, just stop, there is NO "leftist" position on either.
And as for circumcision, first time I got a bee-jay I realized why being "cut" was a good thing, because the girl who decided to kiss my gentleman sausage expressed appreciation for that fact the moment she saw it.

She filled me in later as to why and while I'll spare you, let's just say it was something I'll never forget.

Thanks for sharing.

Spanking does not physically harm a child. A spanking is not a beating, it does not break bones. Children are little satans in the making right from birth. Left unchecked they become ready for full rebellion quite early in life if left to their own will. Ever read the novel "Lord of the Flies"?

I would submit to you that many of the rioting protestors in Seattle and Portland--- especially the ones who are White and came from otherwise economically stable middle-class homes, are likely kids who never were told 'no', and never had a spanking when it may have been appropriate to do so. Spanking a kid after say age 10 probably doesn't help much. In my opinion you only have a few short years with most children to make them understand that rebellion will not be tolerated---- FOR THEIR OWN GOOD---- and because you really have to love a kid to be willing to fight that battle---even at the cost of hurt feeling---and a sore buttocks from a spanking.

Nobody said parenting is supposed to be easy, and I reject the liberal concept that "it takes a village". No, it takes a parent. Preferably two parents; a mother and a father.... or as my generation calls them, a MAN and a WOMAN; two people who love their children enough to be tough---- because the world is a tough place, and failure is not an option.

Why not children? Especially in a case where it is shown the child's intent was murder.

The social sciences are relatively new and are a study of an evolving system. Apart from a young science we have thousands of years of cultural myths to draw upon. Some will consult a psychologist others might choose god or a tarot deck.

Spanking does not physically harm a child. A spanking is not a beating, it does not break bones. Children are little satans in the making right from birth. Left unchecked they become ready for full rebellion quite early in life if left to their own will. Ever read the novel "Lord of the Flies"?
Physical abuse does not cause physical harm?

Spanking is the worst form of cowardry and the best way to raise insecure and violent children. Spanking is never acceptable in any circumstances whatsoever. You would not spank a collegue or friend for making a mistake or for being "disobedient" now would you?

Stop, just stop, there is NO "leftist" position on either.
And as for circumcision, first time I got a bee-jay I realized why being "cut" was a good thing, because the girl who decided to kiss my gentleman sausage expressed appreciation for that fact the moment she saw it.

She filled me in later as to why and while I'll spare you, let's just say it was something I'll never forget.
It is not a "good thing", it is mostly a useless procedure that - if anyting - causes more harm than good. A remnant of irrational barbarianism that does not have any place in a reason-driven and civilised society.

I’m not a fan of physically harming a child.

Do ya ever wonder why since the paddle was taken out of schools are schools have gone to ****?

Don't believe me?

Keep the faith(wink)

Who Killed School Discipline? | Discipline In Public Schools

It is not a "good thing", it is mostly a useless procedure that - if anyting - causes more harm than good. A remnant of irrational barbarianism that does not have any place in a reason-driven and civilised society.

Yeah well, agree to disagree and you're welcome to not do any cutting.
The women I've known didn't think it was useless.

Back
Top Bottom