• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yoga studies college professor orders students to use gender pronouns on assignments or grades take a hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
A half century ago students took "Music Appreciation" and tennis classes. There's nothing wrong with a little music, or tennis, or yoga for that matter.
Fox found a double trigger here. ..... Yoga and Pronouns.... and the fans have a new complaint of the day.
It's masterful how they can take something from a private University and turn it into a problem that's caused by those they hate.

Genius.

Plenty of amazing community colleges and state universities at reasonable prices, not the $72K a year of this private university.

Even state universities have raised their tuitions to offset government funding cuts.

My private college tuition in 1974 was $4,600 a year. I believe that's about $24,000 today.

My private college tuition in 1974 was $4,600 a year. I believe that's about $24,000 today.
That's a world of difference from the cost of a private university today.

And while state colleges can be expensive, I think the tuition at a state school is less than $15K annually, in NJ and PA at least. Might be more elsewhere.

Again, WILD difference from the cost of private colleges and universities.

This is the kind of useless bullshit that needs to be banned from college campuses to protest naïve students from following fruitless academic majors.
So you don't like freedom?

What happened to freedom of speech? Really sick of liberals demanding acceptance of far left ideology or else.
Not so much a free speech issue from my view.

Isn't it really Narcissistic to demand that the entire world turns itself up side down and inside out, distort or destroy existing definitions all in order to conform to your demands of your self image?

When people send emails with their gender pronouns in their email footer, I laugh at them.

A half century ago, people didn’t get funneled from high school to college at nearly the rates they do today.

Nor did college cost anywhere close to what it costs today.

Additionally, there weren’t cries about needing “free college” and “student loan forgiveness”

Like I said, go and learn anything you want. It’s your money. Just don’t expect Joe Taxpayer to want to rush to forgive your student loan debt.
I don't think Joe Taxpayer should pick up the tab for luxury education. I do think the country benefits from an educated populace, and Community College should be available at very reasonable or no cost.

Student loan forgiveness should be targeted to those who were totally victimized by overly aggressive lenders.

A half century ago was 1970. Plenty of students went to college then, though the "for profits" were probably not rolling in the dough back then.

Plenty of amazing community colleges and state universities at reasonable prices, not the $72K a year of this private university.
And yet no where in the article is there any mention of the price, or Joe Taxpayer.

I don't think Joe Taxpayer should pick up the tab for luxury education. I do think the country benefits from an educated populace, and Community College should be available at very reasonable or no cost.

Student loan forgiveness should be targeted to those who were totally victimized by overly aggressive lenders.

A half century ago was 1970. Plenty of students went to college then, though the "for profits" were probably not rolling in the dough back then.
If you want higher education to be more affordable, I propose that the federal government completely get out the student loan business.
It is, after all, their flooding that market with a huge amount of money in the form of loans, which was the main cause of all the universities hiking their tuition rates as much as they did, also spurred their huge building programs.

Let the colleges put up their billions of dollars in endowments as collateral for the student loans they issue, and, yes, they get to vet the students to whom those loans are extended.

And public colleges and universities were practically free.

So, an in state resident can go to school for less than $15K.

Seems in line with what is around here.

$60K total, more or less, for a 4 year degree. And that’s before any existing aid, grants or scholarships.

World of difference between the tuition at that private university.
yes, the PUBLIC schools are way more affordable.

Seems to me it's the left who is fegning outrage over a pronoun.
It's not a pronoun, it's someone's pronouns. What the hell is the problem? To go to the extreme, if someone wants to be referred to as a Sasquatch, what's the cost to doing that?

It's not a pronoun, it's someone's pronouns. What the hell is the problem? To go to the extreme, if someone wants to be referred to as a Sasquatch, what's the cost to doing that?
What's the harm in not doing it and why should that affect someone's grade?

What's the harm in not doing it and why should that affect someone's grade?
The harm in not doing it is to the person it harms. A portion of grades often reflect classroom decorum or participation.

I don't like universities taking advantage of unsuspecting young people.
So private universities should not be allowed to offer whatever classes they want?

So students should only be "free" to take classes pre approved by you? The government? Who?

If you hate freedom perhaps you should find a country that suits you better.

This is the kind of useless bullshit that needs to be banned from college campuses to protest naïve students from following fruitless academic majors.
Indeed, "personal pronouns" are useless and they are BS too. In fact, there's no such grammatically accurate English rules thing as a "personal pronoun". Pronoun usage under the rules of English grammar is determined solely by the observed who is speaking/writing, the observer's choice of pronoun to use, when it comes to people, is determined by the sexual cues being given off at a distance by the observed; the observed has no rules-accurate say in the matter of what pronoun the observer chooses to employ. This "personal pronoun" violation is employed by people who suffer from and/or identify with a victim mentality. That people, like this professor, want to then wipe their victim mentality all over their students should be considered professorial abuse and thus should be outlawed by the college/university.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom