• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yoga studies college professor orders students to use gender pronouns on assignments or grades take a hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The things Fox orders people to feign outrage about...

At any rate, these are the kinds of threads people remember when Trumpists start raging about "cancel culture" and the like. American doesn't like what a professor said, so @American wants government to ignore the first amendment by "banning" professors from saying it. Yeah, ok.

How tf is this national news? This is the most benign shit.

This is the kind of useless bullshit that needs to be banned from college campuses to protest naïve students from following fruitless academic majors.
What happened to freedom of speech? Really sick of liberals demanding acceptance of far left ideology or else.

Who says it has to be national news?
It literally is. You linked a fox news article. If the local country paper was reporting on this I'd be more understanding.

You, too...can take Yoga studies as a part of your college education at this university for the low low cost of $72,035 a year LOL
When you take Yoga Studies, you can write your own ticket into Wall Street when you graduate :rolleyes:

This is the kind of useless bullshit that needs to be banned from college campuses to protest naïve students from following fruitless academic majors.
"Loyola Marymount University is a private Jesuit and Marymount research university..."

Reactions: JMR

Here are the other offerings in the Spiritual department at Loyola. I wonder if Fox and DP members take the other offerings more seriously?

. For some programs, tuition assistance is available for those who qualify.

Here are the other offerings in the Spiritual department at Loyola. I wonder if Fox and DP members take the other offerings more seriously?
I don’t care what they study…but I also don’t want to hear how there needs to be “student loan forgiveness” for individuals that sign on the dotted line to spend $XXXXX a year for hard hitting courses such as yoga…and then think they deserve to have their loans forgiven.

I don’t care what they study…but I also don’t want to hear how there needs to be “student loan forgiveness” for individuals that sign on the dotted line to spend $XXXXX a year for hard hitting courses such as yoga…and then think they deserve to have their loans forgiven.
I hadn't seen that concern addressed in the OP's article. An entirely different concern. Fox is upset that pronouns were asked for, and several here are upset that Yoga is taught.

I hadn't seen that concern addressed in the OP's article. An entirely different concern. Fox is upset that pronouns were asked for, and several here are upset that Yoga is taught.
I don’t care if Yoga is taught.

But spending $XXxxx annually to take these kind of courses strikes me as a waste of money.

No one said college kids make great choices though.

Hopefully they’ll learn to include the proper pronouns in tag lines.

But spending $XXxxx annually to take these kind of courses strikes me as a waste of money.

A half century ago students took "Music Appreciation" and tennis classes. There's nothing wrong with a little music, or tennis, or yoga for that matter.
Fox found a double trigger here. ..... Yoga and Pronouns.... and the fans have a new complaint of the day.

A half century ago students took "Music Appreciation" and tennis classes. There's nothing wrong with a little music, or tennis, or yoga for that matter.
Fox found a double trigger here. ..... Yoga and Pronouns.... and the fans have a new complaint of the day.
A half century ago, people didn’t get funneled from high school to college at nearly the rates they do today.

Nor did college cost anywhere close to what it costs today.

Additionally, there weren’t cries about needing “free college” and “student loan forgiveness”

Like I said, go and learn anything you want. It’s your money. Just don’t expect Joe Taxpayer to want to rush to forgive your student loan debt.

There are more yoga teachers than coal miners.

A half century ago, people didn’t get funneled from high school to college at nearly the rates they do today.

Nor did college cost anywhere close to what it costs today.

Additionally, there weren’t cries about needing “free college” and “student loan forgiveness”

Like I said, go and learn anything you want. It’s your money. Just don’t expect Joe Taxpayer to want to rush to forgive your student loan debt.

Would you loan money to someone who can't pay it back? College loans are a scam preying on young people. Going to college is a good thing, we should encourage people to do it, not bankrupt them for it.

Did you go to college? A private college?

Would you loan money to someone who can't pay it back? College loans are a scam preying on young people. Going to college is a good thing, we should encourage people to do it, not bankrupt them for it.
Plenty of amazing community colleges and state universities at reasonable prices, not the $72K a year of this private university.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom