• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yet another reminder of how hateful the political left can be ...

NatMorton

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The fringes of both parties are nutters, but what's different about this is that Ellen Hopkins is a journalist and author who's won a few awards and has written for the NY Times. Is it unreasonable to expect from her what she asked from others when RBG was ill, i.e. some compassion?

1647887137613.jpeg

The fringes of both parties are nutters, but what's different about this is that Ellen Hopkins is a journalist and author who's won a few awards and has written for the NY Times. Is it unreasonable to expect from her what she asked from others when RBG was ill, i.e. some compassion?

View attachment 67381285
If this is taking the high road she must have idolized Michelle Obama lol lol

View attachment 67381285
What are you talking about? I couldn't agree with her comments more. I hope he fully recovers after his health issues force him to retire. If he doesn't retire, I hope this illness causes him the same pain that some of his decisions have caused people all across the country.

View attachment 67381285

What a stupid bait thread. Or at least, I hope that's what it is. I hope you're not really trying to put on a big show of clutching your pearls because someone who wished only good things for RGB says she does not want Thomas to die but would not mind if he had to retire . . . .

The hypocrisy alone might create a singularity, nevermind the idiocy.

What are you talking about? I couldn't agree with her comments more. I hope he fully recovers after his health issues force him to retire. If he doesn't retire, I hope this illness causes him the same pain that some of his decisions have caused people all across the country.

Ah, but don't you see?

Libruls are poopy hypocrites unless they praise, extol, and glorify the "**** your feelings" crowd, a crowd that positively delighted in RGB's death. It's brilliant!

What a stupid bait thread. Or at least, I hope that's what it is. I hope you're not really trying to put on a big show of clutching your pearls because someone who wished only good things for RGB says she does not want Thomas to die but would not mind if he had to retire . . . .

Ah, but don't you see?

Libruls are poopy hypocrites unless they praise, extol, and glorify the "**** your feelings" crowd. It's brilliant!
Every stupid thread from a right winger is a bait thread, it's nothing but trolls here

Oh, that's charming. What am I talking about? I'm talking about you and those like you.

Ah, but don't you see?

Libruls are poopy hypocrites unless they praise, extol, and glorify the "**** your feelings" crowd, a crowd that positively delighted in RGB's death. It's brilliant!
She wants him to suffer to the point of him no longer being able to work. I find that appalling.

View attachment 67381285

Horribly bad taste and evil and hurtful wishes directed against a man who is "Black".

Where is the outrage from Whoopie and other hypocrites like her?

Horribly bad taste and evil and hurtful wishes directed against a man who is "Black".

Where is the outrage from Whoopie and other hypocrites like her?
Meh. You people have no problem with "hateful" posts. Why does Whoopie need to weigh in?

I had to Google this person. A young adult fiction writer? Really?

View attachment 67381285

lol, the far right cheered with glee when Ginsburg died, because it was another chance to stack the court with a groomed federalist society mouthpiece. You have no moral ground to stand on here.

And let's face it, the GOP doesn't care about Thomas being sick, they just care about him being sick now because the current president is a Democrat. If Trump were still in office, they'd be encouraging him to retire so they can replace him with a younger federalist society handpicked judge.

View attachment 67381285

Reminds me of that dimwit Ted Strickland who said Scalia died "at a good time" (and which lost him an election).

She doesn't want him to suffer. She wants him to retire. Thomas has no business being on the federal bench because he is a hypocrite.
Her words, emphasis added "But wouldn't mind if his health forced him into retirement." People with conditions that prevent them from working again, ever, are most often in pain, both physically and mentally. She is literally wishing him ill.

If we banned hypocrites from Washington I'm not sure there would be four people left in the entire district.

Her words, emphasis added "But wouldn't mind if his health forced him into retirement." People with conditions that prevent them from working again, ever, are most often in pain, both physically and mentally. She is literally wishing him ill.

If we banned hypocrites from Washington I'm not sure there would be four people left in the entire district.
breathe

lol, the far right cheered with glee when Ginsburg died, because it was another chance to stack the court with a groomed federalist society mouthpiece. You have no moral ground to stand on here.

And let's face it, the GOP doesn't care about Thomas being sick, they just care about him being sick now because the current president is a Democrat. If Trump were still in office, they'd be encouraging him to retire so they can replace him with a younger federalist society handpicked judge.
I absolutely have a moral ground to stand on. While on a different site, this is what I wrote when Ginsburg became ill. Notice the absence of any qualification in the first sentence whatsoever:

1647893089151.png

I don't wish ill (figuratively or, in this case, literally) those with whom I disagree. So you park your straw-man somewhere else.

I absolutely have a moral ground to stand on. While on a different site, this is what I wrote when Ginsburg became ill. Notice the absence of any qualification in the first sentence whatsoever:

View attachment 67381298

I don't wish ill (figuratively or, in this case, literally) those with whom I disagree. So you park your straw-man somewhere else.
ok. You don't represent "the right" anymore than your OP represents "the left."

Back
Top Bottom