• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yet another ****ing iPhone question

Superfly

Salty, defiant, and completely non-compliant.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is getting tiring. I'm thinking of going back to a Droid. :roll:

OK. How do I remove the incorrect album art in the music folder in my phone? And is there a way to have the proper album art in there, without having to go through and waste another evening trying to get iTunes to work?

I know, I know, first world problems, and all that, but it's annoying. I'm kind of a perfectionist, and I want the proper album art to go with the proper songs.

OK. How do I remove the incorrect album art in the music folder in my phone? And is there a way to have the proper album art in there, without having to go through and waste another evening trying to get iTunes to work?

I know, I know, first world problems, and all that, but it's annoying. I'm kind of a perfectionist, and I want the proper album art to go with the proper songs.

ITunes is the only way I know how to change the artwork so here is a tutorial:

(Optional: You can connect your IPhone to your computer/Wi-Fi sync during this)
1)Wait for iTunes to load up and right click on the offending song.

2)Then Click the Fifth option from the top "Get Info". After that a small box will come up and the tab on the far right will say "Artwork". You click on that and it will show the artwork picture. You then have the option of clicking "Add" or "Delete", press delete and click "OK".

3)After that right click on the song and the ninth option down will be "Get Album Artwork", click that and wait for a while, then it should come up with the correct artwork. If it comes up with the incorrect artwork then you have to click "Get Info" again and click "Info" the second last tab on the right and it will show a stack of boxes that say, in this order:

Name
Artist
Album Artist
Album

4)You then change "album" to the correct album name (If you don't know, look it up) and click "ok" and after a few seconds It should be correct
:)

Only way is iTunes.

ITunes is the only way I know how to change the artwork so here is a tutorial:

(Optional: You can connect your IPhone to your computer/Wi-Fi sync during this)
1)Wait for iTunes to load up and right click on the offending song.

2)Then Click the Fifth option from the top "Get Info". After that a small box will come up and the tab on the far right will say "Artwork". You click on that and it will show the artwork picture. You then have the option of clicking "Add" or "Delete", press delete and click "OK".

3)After that right click on the song and the ninth option down will be "Get Album Artwork", click that and wait for a while, then it should come up with the correct artwork. If it comes up with the incorrect artwork then you have to click "Get Info" again and click "Info" the second last tab on the right and it will show a stack of boxes that say, in this order:

Name
Artist
Album Artist
Album

4)You then change "album" to the correct album name (If you don't know, look it up) and click "ok" and after a few seconds It should be correct
:)

Thank you for this. I will try it now. <hug>

This is stupid. It is. I hate iTunes. It shouldn't be this hard to do something. It's like they deliberately make it as hard as they can.

Noo.. say it aint so? :)

iTunes is malware on Windows PCs and should be officially classified as such.

Noo.. say it aint so? :)

iTunes is malware on Windows PCs and should be officially classified as such.

You know, Pete - this wouldn't surprise me in the absolute least. :lol: Anything in the world to get you to assimilate to the Mac culture.

You know, Pete - this wouldn't surprise me in the absolute least. :lol: Anything in the world to get you to assimilate to the Mac culture.

Since my work is fixing computers, in most cases just removing iTunes does a lot of good and fixes most problems. Plus any program that installs "other programs" without telling or giving you the option.. is malware.. and that is what iTunes does. And if you manage not to install the other programs, then it will spam the hell out of you to push you to install the crap. No I dont want Safari and Quicktime.. go stuff yourself Apple, you make crap programs. ARGH I hate iTunes... and as a disclaimer, I have not installed iTunes in the last year to year and a half, so things could have changed... but kinda doubt it.

Since my work is fixing computers, in most cases just removing iTunes does a lot of good and fixes most problems. Plus any program that installs "other programs" without telling or giving you the option.. is malware.. and that is what iTunes does. And if you manage not to install the other programs, then it will spam the hell out of you to push you to install the crap. No I dont want Safari and Quicktime.. go stuff yourself Apple, you make crap programs. ARGH I hate iTunes... and as a disclaimer, I have not installed iTunes in the last year to year and a half, so things could have changed... but kinda doubt it.

No, nothing has changed. :lol: I hate it. I do. But I don't know any other way to get music on my phone. I've been a big holdout on even putting music on my phone because it's such a pain, and I've just put it on my mp3 player. But I finally broke down and did it, so I wouldn't have to carry two devices.

No, nothing has changed. :lol: I hate it. I do. But I don't know any other way to get music on my phone.

Spotify.

Sync your music files to Spotify on iPhone | How To - CNET

Ditch iTunes Forever With Spotify | TechHive

On top of that, you can actually stream the music you want on Spotify.. instead of having them locally. Of course you can also have them locally btw.

I've been a big holdout on even putting music on my phone because it's such a pain, and I've just put it on my mp3 player. But I finally broke down and did it, so I wouldn't have to carry two devices.

Well the problem is the iPhone and Apple. They are totally anal on who and what can have access to their expensive iTunes library. Now had you been on an Android or Windows Phone, then you would have tons of possibilities, everything from Amazon, to Google Play and Spotify to Nokia Music and everything in between. Plus no iTunes! For me it is dead simple... plug my Nokia phone in and it automatically launches Windows Phone app in Windows 8. It lists all your files on your phone, and you press a big plus icon to add more music from your PC music library.. easy as hell. It is a bit more complicated on an Android, but not by much. On Apple it is mind-boggling complicated, since you cant just plug in your phone on a Windows machine and transfer files over.... at least a bit over a year ago when I tried the last time.

Spotify.

On top of that, you can actually stream the music you want on Spotify.. instead of having them locally. Of course you can also have them locally btw.

Well the problem is the iPhone and Apple. They are totally anal on who and what can have access to their expensive iTunes library. Now had you been on an Android or Windows Phone, then you would have tons of possibilities, everything from Amazon, to Google Play and Spotify to Nokia Music and everything in between. Plus no iTunes! For me it is dead simple... plug my Nokia phone in and it automatically launches Windows Phone app in Windows 8. It lists all your files on your phone, and you press a big plus icon to add more music from your PC music library.. easy as hell. It is a bit more complicated on an Android, but not by much. On Apple it is mind-boggling complicated, since you cant just plug in your phone on a Windows machine and transfer files over.... at least a bit over a year ago when I tried the last time.

It's ridiculously complicated. Nothing has changed. I had a Droid X for years and years, and it was so simple.

I may try Spotify next. I had to get a Spotify account for my Music Appreciation class anyway, so I may as well use it. :lol:

Thanks, Pete.

:( Not so much. I mean, I did click the "get album art" tab but it didn't do anything. I was able to remove the incorrect album art but it didn't retrieve the correct art.

Ok in that case you will probably have to copy and paste the image from Wikipedia or replace the album name for a direct copy and paste from the Wikipedia title, I find that helps.

1) Go to the album name on Wikipedia
2) Click on the image in the top right twice
3) Copy and paste that into the artwork tab.

Or

1) Click "Get Info"
2) Change the album name for the title of the article in the top left hand side of the Wikipedia page.

Any better?

Spotify.

I just use my spotify account to find new music for my iPod. It is a great service though. Problem with it on mobile is that I normally get such a bad connection I cannot login and on windows phone it needs Wi-Fi.

I just use my spotify account to find new music for my iPod. It is a great service though. Problem with it on mobile is that I normally get such a bad connection I cannot login and on windows phone it needs Wi-Fi.

Well there is off-line mode.. just saying. Make your playlists, download it over wifi, and np.. of course you have to pay 10 bucks a month for that, but it is unlimited amount of music.

:( Not so much. I mean, I did click the "get album art" tab but it didn't do anything. I was able to remove the incorrect album art but it didn't retrieve the correct art.

There are 3rd party applications, but in reality, the big problem is correctly matching metadata. I gave up on the process of album art as a whole, because I now think skeuomorphism many times serves no benefit in the digital era of music. I used Amazon, saved the image file, and then inputted the picture into the metadata through iTunes. The cover art was generally of higher quality and it did not get confused about whether something was part of a compilation, the original album, or a remix.

I agree about the latest design of iTunes. Before, I thought it was crowded, but overall, a good design. This design is largely counterproductive. If I wasn't already too deep from the past decade of using iTunes, I would suggest Spotify, perhaps Winamp-and if you have time, Foobar2000.

Of course, I am going to advocate for Foobar2000 regardless of its complicated nature. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Ok in that case you will probably have to copy and paste the image from Wikipedia or replace the album name for a direct copy and paste from the Wikipedia title, I find that helps.

1) Go to the album name on Wikipedia
2) Click on the image in the top right twice
3) Copy and paste that into the artwork tab.

Or

1) Click "Get Info"
2) Change the album name for the title of the article in the top left hand side of the Wikipedia page.

Any better?

OK! Will try that next! Thanks! :D

There are 3rd party applications, but in reality, the big problem is correctly matching metadata. I gave up on the process of album art as a whole, because I now think skeuomorphism many times serves no benefit in the digital era of music. I used Amazon, saved the image file, and then inputted the picture into the metadata through iTunes. The cover art was generally of higher quality and it did not get confused about whether something was part of a compilation, the original album, or a remix.

I agree about the latest design of iTunes. Before, I thought it was crowded, but overall, a good design. This design is largely counterproductive. If I wasn't already too deep from the past decade of using iTunes, I would suggest Spotify, perhaps Winamp-and if you have time, Foobar2000.

Of course, I am going to advocate for Foobar2000 regardless of its complicated nature. :mrgreen:

I know, just because the name is so cool. :lol: Funny, though, that when I think of FUBAR, I think of iTunes.

itunes runs like absolute crap on windows,so ontop of being junk to begin with,its snail slow junk if you dont own a mac.

i personally use a wp8,i hated metro for the desktop computer,but for the phone it works pretty amazing.and for music i just copy my music folders into the sd cards music folder,and windows phone 8 automatically recognizes it,just like android.whereas ipod/iphone doesnt play mp3,but rather uses itunes to convert mp3 for ipods.

This is stupid. It is. I hate iTunes. It shouldn't be this hard to do something. It's like they deliberately make it as hard as they can.

They aren't necessarily trying to be difficult to use... but Apple is all about channeling how you use. They try to make sure you do things they way they want you to do it. iTunes is their true money maker which is why that is the only way that they allow you to do such things. Get you in that door to their store.

One of my biggest pet peeves of that crApple company. Options are not optional.

They aren't necessarily trying to be difficult to use... but Apple is all about channeling how you use. They try to make sure you do things they way they want you to do it. iTunes is their true money maker which is why that is the only way that they allow you to do such things. Get you in that door to their store.

One of my biggest pet peeves of that crApple company. Options are not optional.

Actually the strategy was to get you to buy their hardware. At first, the store wasn't the money maker while their devices were. Now, iTunes as a storefront is doing pretty well now.

Back
Top Bottom