• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yet another "I told you all so" story.

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

"These states "had high age-adjusted death rates; they had high unemployment and significant GDP losses, and they kept their schools shut down much longer than almost all other states," the report added.

"The study verifies other studies which have found that locking down businesses, stores, churches, schools, and restaurants had almost no impact on health outcomes across states," the report determined. "States with strict lockdowns had virtually no better performance in COVID death rates than states that remained mostly open for business."

Like all other proofs that their policies are failures, such as Afghanistan, shutting down the oil industry, Hiring a know nothing to handle transportation like Buittigieg just because he is gay and a loser, allowing illegals to just walk in, CRT, the liberals will just shrug at this and say "So what?" and not explain why they cause so much misery to the human race with their failures and never have to account for their mistakes which they were told at the time and often thereafter would be failures to the cries of the left that they know "science" and we don't.

November can't come fast enough. The day of reckoning for the failed policies of the extreme left.

"These states "had high age-adjusted death rates; they had high unemployment and significant GDP losses, and they kept their schools shut down much longer than almost all other states," the report added.

"The study verifies other studies which have found that locking down businesses, stores, churches, schools, and restaurants had almost no impact on health outcomes across states," the report determined. "States with strict lockdowns had virtually no better performance in COVID death rates than states that remained mostly open for business."

Like all other proofs that their policies are failures, such as Afghanistan, shutting down the oil industry, Hiring a know nothing to handle transportation like Buittigieg just because he is gay and a loser, allowing illegals to just walk in, CRT, the liberals will just shrug at this and say "So what?" and not explain why they cause so much misery to the human race with their failures and never have to account for their mistakes which they were told at the time and often thereafter would be failures to the cries of the left that they know "science" and we don't.

November can't come fast enough. The day of reckoning for the failed policies of the extreme left.

Committee To Unleash Prosperity?

🤣

No bias here! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Study. Ha! Nothing like looking for something you want to be true! What a joke! There is no study! It's a farce ! Talk about Goebbels media. Thanks for the prime example. You wouldn't recognize propaganda if it bit you on the ass!

Thanks for the laughs!

https://committeetounleashprosperity.com/

We need to come to an agreement that anything coming from FOX News is not to be admitted into evidence for anything.

I am open to the same thought for something the right considers leftist propaganda. Maybe among ourselves we can agree to use sources that appear under the least bias column here; https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/center/

Otherwise it's an immediate pass for me if I see the word FOX.

As with anything else, the truth is almost certainly way more complicated, and reasonable minds may differ as to what risks are worth taking.

But we need only compare our two largest states to know that this study is likely a load of crap:

Total Deaths/100kTotal Deaths/100k pre vaxTotal Deaths/100k post vax% pop. >65Vax Rate (doses/M)
CA2241477714.9%1.86
TX29716812912.9%1.57
FL34215918321.1%1.72

*I picked April 1, 2021 as the cutoff date for pre vs. post vax, as that's approximately when most people >65 could get vaccinated. The numbers won't be much different if I push it out another month or two, because the death rate was pretty low by then and stayed low until August.

***EDIT: I added Florida for fun, since Desantis is featured prominently in the article.

Last edited:
As with anything else, the truth is almost certainly way more complicated. But we only need to compare our two largest states to know that this study is likely a load of crap:

Total Deaths/100kTotal Deaths/100k pre vaxTotal Deaths/100k post vax% pop. >65Vax Rate (doses/M)
CA2241477714.9%1.86
TX29716812912.9%1.57
*I picked April 1, 2021 as the cutoff date for pre vs. post vax, as that's approximately when most people >65 could get vaccinated. The numbers won't be much different if I push it out another month or two, because the death rate was pretty low by then and stayed low until August.
This is well done but our neo-conservatives will always believe FoxNews/Pravda and their ilk over the truth.

No bias here! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Study. Ha! Nothing like looking for something you want to be true! What a joke! There is no study! It's a farce ! Talk about Goebbels media. Thanks for the prime example. You wouldn't recognize propaganda if it bit you on the ass!

Thanks for the laughs!

https://committeetounleashprosperity.com/
Cognitive dissonance. This clashes with what MSM has indoctrinated you to believe.

Right, because "The Committee To Unleash Prosperity" is going to be impartial and handle this well.

This is why the OP has no credibility.

As with anything else, the truth is almost certainly way more complicated, and reasonable minds may differ as to what risks are worth taking.

But we need only compare our two largest states to know that this study is likely a load of crap:

CA2241477714.9%1.86
TX29716812912.9%1.57
FL34215918321.1%1.72

***EDIT: I added Florida for fun, since Desantis is featured prominently in the article.
We are in April of 2022

Cognitive dissonance. This clashes with what MSM has indoctrinated you to believe.

This post is oozing irony. You are the one who can't see how you have been indoctrinated by the right and all the BS they put on the internet. Your posts reek of blatant ideological bias. Your sources of information betray that every time you provide one.

Right, because "The Committee To Unleash Prosperity" is going to be impartial and handle this well.

This is why the OP has no credibility.
I realize you are against that.

This post is oozing irony. You are the one who can't see how you have been indoctrinated by the right and all the BS they put on the internet. Your posts reek of blatant ideological bias. Your sources of information betray that every time you provide one.
I suppose your "holier than thou" postings are a case study in mainstream views.

I realize you are against that.

Go to their site, look at their exec team and members, then come back and pretend they are impartial. Which should be a standard for a "study" not that you have any idea what that concept would mean.

Your quick whip is an epic failure.

Go to their site, look at their exec team and members, then come back and pretend they are impartial. Which should be a standard for a "study" not that you have any idea what that concept would mean.

Your quick whip is an epic failure.
Which Dem is impartial??

Folks, we gotta get off this absolute nonsense that your side is impartial and center of the road. BOTH sides are partisan and your side is so far to the left now, that it resembles some third-world dictatorship like China. So, stop with the nonsense that the right is the only party that is partisan. YOUR side nominated a far-leftist only because she FAR left, is black and female to the SC. Why? Because your side is highly partisan.

Which Dem is impartial??

Folks, we gotta get off this absolute nonsense that your side is impartial and center of the road. BOTH sides are partisan and your side is so far to the left now, that it resembles some third-world dictatorship like China. So, stop with the nonsense that the right is the only party that is partisan. YOUR side nominated a far-leftist only because she FAR left, is black and female to the SC. Why? Because your side is highly partisan.

Your whataboutism followed by hypocritical attitude about partisan hit pieces is noted.

This is well done but our neo-conservatives will always believe FoxNews/Pravda and their ilk over the truth.

Just to quell any claims regarding time-of-year, I added a separate column for "Omicron deaths," for which I used December 15, 2022 as the cutoff. It's far less dramatic. As I said, reasonable minds can differ.

Total Deaths/100kTotal Deaths/100k pre vaxTotal Deaths/100k post vaxTotal O Deaths/100k% pop. >65Vax Rate (doses/M)
CA224147773514.9%1.86
TX2971681294312.9%1.57
FL3421591835121.1%1.72

We need to come to an agreement that anything coming from FOX News is not to be admitted into evidence for anything.

I am open to the same thought for something the right considers leftist propaganda. Maybe among ourselves we can agree to use sources that appear under the least bias column here; https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/center/

Otherwise it's an immediate pass for me if I see the word FOX.

So ... any website that has "factcheck" in its name is an infallible source of truth?

Your whataboutism followed by hypocritical attitude about partisan hit pieces is noted.
once again, the left does this with abandon. EACH side is highly partyisan. That's the way the world is.

Your side is SOOOOO partisan, you don't even think the new SC judge was n0ominate only because she is far left, black, and a female. The perfect trifecta for the very far left but I'm sure many here just shrug and say "We are not partisan"

once again, the left does this with abandon. EACH side is highly partyisan. That's the way the world is.

Your side is SOOOOO partisan, you don't even think the new SC judge was n0ominate only because she is far left, black, and a female. The perfect trifecta for the very far left but I'm sure many here just shrug and say "We are not partisan"

All you are doing is undermining your own sources, then babbling on about other subjects as if that helps you.

So ... any website that has "factcheck" in its name is an infallible source of truth?
I noticed a guy a few months back being promoted and it was by a "fact check" company overseas trying to make inroads into America and lo and behold FB picked this hack up touting him as an independent fact-checker and it turns out he was Deputy Director of some agency that claimed he was being targeted and shady deals were going on and Schiff talked about ANOTHER impeachment. His own emails proved him wrong and he quietly left and the third impeachment was just as quietly dropped.

THAT is the kind of guy who gets lauded as an "independent" fact-checker and swooped up by fact-checker companies.

All you are doing is undermining your own sources, then babbling on about other subjects as if that helps you.
So, the new DSC Justice undermines my position that the left is highly partisan???

Gotcha.

So, the new DSC Justice undermines my position that the left is highly partisan???

Gotcha.

I did not say that, I clearly said your sources, you now needing to manipulate what I did say proves how little credibility you have here.

Back
Top Bottom