• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yet ANOTHER good-hearted British aid worker butchered by those they want to help!

Republic_Of_Public

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Oh the lessons of history - Wilful ignorance of you ALWAYS brings casualty:

BBC News - UK aid worker Linda Norgrove killed in Afghanistan

Just so predictable.

Amongst those taken: Ken Bigly, Gillian Gibbons, Peter Moore, all those unarmed British sailors, countless citizens and army personnel , Alan McMenemy, Jason Creswell, Jason Swindlehurst, Jonathan Cote, Joshua Munns, Paul Johnson Reuben, Bert Nussbaumer, TWENTY-THREE South Koreans, Sean Langan........ , etc.

Just how many more innocent people have to be sacrificed to the forces of barbarism, to savages totally careless of the tenets of the Geneva Convention?

Though casualties are minimal compared to older wars and occupations, surely it's far past time to get our people out and withdraw back to our own shores to prepare any necessary defences there? We're certainly right at the beginning of the road of rumblings sourced here too.

DOES THIS HURT?

Only when I laugh:

“Hostage Taking is Un-Islamic”

CONSIGNED TO THE MEMORY HOLE:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/archi...ms-go-critical-and-attack-their-own-boss.html

Last edited:
Man you need to get a new news source....

It looks like she was killed by the US special forces, not the hostage takers. Also it seems the hostage takers were not AL Q or Taliban but common bandits.

It looks like she was killed by the US special forces, not the hostage takers. Also it seems the hostage takers were not AL Q or Taliban but common bandits.

So, since the bbc reported her death as being killed by her captors, in order to remain consistant with your extremely dogmatic political ideology, you find it necessary to scour the web looking for a propaganda site that interprets events in accordance with your predetermined views?

So, since the bbc reported her death as being killed by her captors, in order to remain consistant with your extremely dogmatic political ideology, you find it necessary to scour the web looking for a propaganda site that interprets events in accordance with your predetermined views?

EH? Have you not followed the freaking news last 48 hours?

Linda Norgrove: aid worker 'killed by friendly fire' - Telegraph

Full investigation vowed in captive Briton's death - Yahoo! News

BBC News - UK aid worker may have been killed by rescuers' grenade

and so on and so on...

Been all over the news here..

So yes as usual RoP is wrong and mis-informed.

EH? Have you not followed the freaking news last 48 hours?

Linda Norgrove: aid worker 'killed by friendly fire' - Telegraph

Full investigation vowed in captive Briton's death - Yahoo! News

BBC News - UK aid worker may have been killed by rescuers' grenade

and so on and so on...

Been all over the news here..

So yes as usual RoP is wrong and mis-informed.

The issue here is that there are two conflicting reports, and that you demand that the one that matters is the one constant with your hatred of all things American.

Speculation is not the same as cooroberation.

The issue here is that there are two conflicting reports, and that you demand that the one that matters is the one constant with your hatred of all things American.

General Patreaus phoned David Cameron to tell him the poor woman was killed by a US grenade. I don't know whether that'll suit your hostilities coming from a US news source or a UK news source but the essence of that part of the story is that the US General told the UK PM what he thinks happened.

Besides - if you bothered to check PeteEU's link - there's a video of Cameron explaining the sequence of events from patraeus's phone call... how much more corobboration do you need beyond the two top guys involved explaining it on video for you?

Lastly, the real issue isn't whether you think PeteEU hates the US or that you're back here posting your hatred of all things European but that a woman was taken hostage and accidentally killed.

Dude... Your own freaking head of operation in Afghanistan phoned the British PM to say that it looked like the woman was killed by accident by US special forces. This in no way speculation unless you think Patreaus is a liar ...

And it is not my fault that you and RoP dont follow basic news coverage... or maybe it is just because the new sources you and RoP use did not find it "news worthy" in their propaganda war.. what do I know.. fact is, there is an investigation and it looks more and more like a **** up by US special forces and not an execution by the hostage takers.

David Cameron: US grenade may have killed British hostage aid worker Linda Norgrove

David Cameron: US grenade may have killed British aid worker Linda Norgrove | News

British aid worker Linda Norgrove may have been accidentally killed by a grenade thrown by US troops and not by her Taliban captors, David Cameron said today.

It had initially been reported that Ms Norgrove, 36, died after insurgents detonated a bomb vest as 150 American troops attempted to rescue her from a remote Afghanistan hideout where she was being held hostage.

Mr Cameron said the early reports of how she died were “deeply regrettable” — especially for the family — but were made in good faith on the basis of the information available.

He spoke to Ms Norgrove's father John this morning, adding: “None of us can understand just how painful this must be for Linda's family.”

And it is not my fault that you and RoP dont follow basic news coverage...

...Except for the news items by outlets which are universally accepted as publishing basic news coverage. I noticed the latest development in the supermarket today, in papers claiming a soldier's helmet-camera holds the definitive evidence either way.

Still, let's forgive the opposition their extremely European bout of schadenfreude. After all, they don't have much oppertunity to land any real punches any more.

Last edited:
Still, let's forgive the opposition their extremely European bout of schadenfreude. After all, they don't have much oppertunity to land any real punches any more.

TRANSLATION: I was completely wrong, got caught out in yet more Islam-bashing, couldn't find the grace to admit my mistake.

I was completely wrong, got caught out in yet more Islam-bashing, couldn't find the grace to admit my mistake.

Yep, they're savouring the moment! The truly graceless get fed so little that any scraps they can get are feasted upon as by ravenous rodents! For them, moments like this are as rare as the passing of Halley's Comet.

And even then, it's not strictly accurate but it's the best they can cook up. In the end, any real teeth-baring will need to be aimed at the BBC.

Last edited:
Yep, they're savouring the moment! The truly graceless get fed so little that any scraps they can get are feasted upon as by ravenous rodents! For them, moments like this are as rare as the passing of Halley's Comet.

And even then, it's not strictly accurate but it's the best they can cook up. In the end, any real teeth-baring will need to be aimed at the BBC.

You start a whole thread using the death of a decent, committed young aid worker as an excuse to further your prejudice and then play the innocent when called out on it.

For the record, Linda Norgrove's death is a tragedy and not one to be blamed on the US soldier who may have killed her accidentally in trying to effect her release. That poor GI will have to live with that burden for ever and I feel for him/her almost as much as I feel for Linda Norgrove's family and friends. The people really responsible are those bandits of whatever religion or tribe they may be who took hostage someone whose only goal was to do good.

Now, do you want to continue to use her death as an excuse for insulting and demonising Moslems? Please go right ahead.

For the record, Linda Norgrove's death is a tragedy and not one to be blamed on the US soldier who may have killed her accidentally in trying to effect her release. That poor GI will have to live with that burden for ever and I feel for him/her almost as much as I feel for Linda Norgrove's family and friends. The people really responsible are those bandits of whatever religion or tribe they may be who took hostage someone whose only goal was to do good.

In another rarity, we agree. I'd like to leave at it that, but there's some looking-glass tub-thumping to sort out.

I mentioned savages, barbarism and a failure to adhere to the tenets of the Geneva Convention. I wasn't demonising Muslims as a homogenous mass as you fantasise, but savages and barbarians not adhering to the tenets of the Geneva Convention. That Islam is involved is more in my direction than yours.

...demonising Moslems (sic) ?

The likes of the kidnappers, and those who support them here, do a good job of that by their own deeds and comments. Reporting those is enough for me.

....further your prejudice.....

Telling the truth! I won't forget the likes of Ken Bigley.

....then play the innocent when called out on it.

The only thing I was caught out by was further developments putting things into sharper focus. Maybe we can ask the mods to re-title this "Yet ANOTHER good-hearted British aid worker SEEMINGLY butchered by those they want to help!"

But it doesn't alter the fact another good person came a cropper trying to do her best for other people by those who didn't reciprocate.

Last edited:
The United States forces risk there lives for that lady,what more can u ask for,god bless these wonderful soldiers.

mikeey

...Except for the news items by outlets which are universally accepted as publishing basic news coverage. I noticed the latest development in the supermarket today, in papers claiming a soldier's helmet-camera holds the definitive evidence either way.

Dude, again.. not my fault you dont follow the news on tv and radio... it was break news during the morning.. yesterday morning/noon.

Well, not so much that, more I had the posting delayed by a day.

Mind, for our little huddle, it still managed to get 123 views already which is quite good for me. And it's also interesting that some who haven't wanted to take me on in ages decided to pick today to swoop! Fascinating to have 'em back!

"LITTLE CHILDREN" by Billy J. Kramer and "YOUNG GIRL" by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap....

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...-arrest-pope-he-visits-uk.html#post1058688990

I wonder how well those singles sold in Mecca or the Vatican City!

Last edited:
Now, do you want to continue to use her death as an excuse for insulting and demonising Moslems? Please go right ahead.

What's wrong with "demonizing" Muslims?

It was Muslims who kidnapped this poor woman and, as ROP mentioned, "murdered Ken Bigly, Gillian Gibbons, Peter Moore, all those unarmed British sailors, countless citizens and army personnel , Alan McMenemy, Jason Creswell, Jason Swindlehurst, Jonathan Cote, Joshua Munns, Paul Johnson Reuben, Bert Nussbaumer, TWENTY-THREE South Koreans, Sean Langan, etc", and that etc. extends through many thousands of innocent people.

You're welcome to counter any "demonizing" of Muslims with some positive stuff.

Let's hear it!

As usual, you are WRONG. She was killed when a terrorist detonated a bomb during the rescue. DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO PASS THE BLAME TO HER RESCUERS.

Shame on you.

What's wrong with "demonizing" Muslims?

It was Muslims who kidnapped this poor woman and, as ROP mentioned, "murdered Ken Bigly, Gillian Gibbons, Peter Moore, all those unarmed British sailors, countless citizens and army personnel , Alan McMenemy, Jason Creswell, Jason Swindlehurst, Jonathan Cote, Joshua Munns, Paul Johnson Reuben, Bert Nussbaumer, TWENTY-THREE South Koreans, Sean Langan, etc", and that etc. extends through many thousands of innocent people.

You're welcome to counter any "demonizing" of Muslims with some positive stuff.

Let's hear it!

How many Iranians were killed by the US supported dicator Shah, how many Yemenis have been killed by US bombs, how many afghanis, how many pakistanis. how many filllipinos?

All the outrage at a few people compared to the far larger number of muslims killed by US action in just the last 50 years, especially just the last 13.

As usual, you are WRONG. She was killed when a terrorist detonated a bomb during the rescue. DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO PASS THE BLAME TO HER RESCUERS.

Shame on you.

Shame on the British PM then for stating it

Shame on the British PM then for stating it

If the news is correct, he was only telling us what the US commander in Afghanistan was telling him..

-- For the record, Linda Norgrove's death is a tragedy and not one to be blamed on the US soldier who may have killed her accidentally in trying to effect her release. That poor GI will have to live with that burden for ever and I feel for him/her almost as much as I feel for Linda Norgrove's family and friends. The people really responsible are those bandits of whatever religion or tribe they may be who took hostage someone whose only goal was to do good.

Australian news (ABC) has a story that the US soldier may be disciplined - their report states that they believe she escaped her captors and was lying in a foetal position, the rescue soldier didn't see her and threw a fragmentation grenade into the area she was lying in.

Whether a botched attempt at a rescue, or not, the soldiers intention was honourable. It seems the powers that be may have made a bad call...at the rescue attempt per se.

Paul

Australian news (ABC) has a story that the US soldier may be disciplined - their report states that they believe she escaped her captors and was lying in a foetal position, the rescue soldier didn't see her and threw a fragmentation grenade into the area she was lying in.

If true, and I say IF.. then it pretty much proves the idea (being said on many British news channels) going around that the troops sent in did not have the required training. Since when do you throw fragmentation grenades around in a hostage situation? Might as well just level the freaking place then and kill the hostages.

Shame on you.

Do keep up. It appears (although we'll have to wait for this to be confirmed by a military inquiry) that she was killed by a US soldier's grenade. Gen Petraeus called PM David Cameron to inform him of this likely finding. The terrorist-detonated bomb theory has been discounted.
Aid worker killed by 'rescuers' - World - NZ Herald News
So, shame on you for running off your mouth before you looked into it.

In my book, blame is not necessary. She was killed during a rescue attempt, it was an accident no doubt, and a tragic one, but these things are rarely straightforward.

Lord Tammerlain
How many Iranians were killed by the US supported dicator Shah, how many Yemenis have been killed by US bombs, how many afghanis, how many pakistanis. how many filllipinos?

While the Shah was in power Iran was far more peaceful and edging toward first world. Following his overthrow Iran and Iraq had a war that killed millions and the religious crazies took over, which of course has led to further international problems and the possibility of a nuclear war. Iran, and the people of Iran, would be far better off is the Shah had managed to stay in power.
All the outrage at a few people compared to the far larger number of muslims killed by US action in just the last 50 years, especially just the last 13.

It is Muslims killing Muslims which is the problem and the coalition countries, led by the United States, have to keep these religious fanatics contained.

Think of Muslim and think of third world poverty amid oil-rich royalty, terrorism, the indiscriminate killing of women and children, censorship and ignorance.

The danger to the world today is not the United States, it is radical Islam.

Back
Top Bottom