• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yet another coup i Burkina Faso

joluoto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba

The last coup was in January, when the government who just fell seized power. Africa is sliding into a downwards spiral of coups and military rule that does not bring stability, only factionalism within the military, where the smallest signs of weakness from the junta brings in another coup and another faction takes over. We have seen so many coups in Africa the last few years. African democracy was not exactly stable, but right now it's on a downward spiral.

The main problem is Islamists (AQ) control the northern 40% of Burkina Faso with a million displaced due to the violence.

The previous military junta promised to roll back the Islamists but that didn't happen for various reasons.

BF was a French colony. Where are they? Without Western military assistence against the Islamists, Russia's Wagner is going to move into BF just like they did in neighboring Mali.

The main problem is Islamists (AQ) control the northern 40% of Burkina Faso with a million displaced due to the violence.

The previous military junta promised to roll back the Islamists but that didn't happen for various reasons.

BF was a French colony. Where are they? Without Western military assistence against the Islamists, Russia's Wagner is going to move into BF just like they did in neighboring Mali.
They new coup leaders just asked Russia for help.

Sad.

So much has been lost since Sankara was assassinated.

Also, Rogue Valley, I greatly appreciate you being open about your hawkishness. It isn't often someone is so blatantly interventionist.

Also, Rogue Valley, I greatly appreciate you being open about your hawkishness. It isn't often someone is so blatantly interventionist.
Sorry. I apologize for my rudeness. That was wrong of me.

We have seen so many coups in Africa the last few years. African democracy was not exactly stable, but right now it's on a downward spiral.
Way too many coups! :(

Back
Top Bottom