• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yes something does have to change

This begs a good question.....

Why is it so easy for us to get Blakes history, but almost impossible for us to see the service record of the officer who shot him.

As people like you like to point out, most of these victims have sort of record. Ironically, when the dust settles, it usually comes out the the officers also had a history of excessive force charges against them too.

That dont matter though, right? They have a scary job and if someone ends up shot needlessly, we just have to accept that as an unfortunate side effect.
Maybe ask the democrat mayor? While you are there maybe ask why he wont release the footage?

Maybe ask the democrat mayor? While you are there maybe ask why he wont release the footage?

Not asking about the footage.

Im asking why it so easy for all of us to find out informatin about Blake within hours of the incident, but we cant do a simple search and get info regarding the officers involved and thier work history (i.e. how often have they been written up for excessive force or how many times they have been accused, etc...).

That isnt an issue with the mayor, its an issue with the union making sure that info is locked up tighter than Fort Knox.

Im asking why it so easy for all of us to find out informatin about Blake within hours of the incident, but we cant do a simple search and get info regarding the officers involved and thier work history (i.e. how often have they been written up for excessive force or how many times they have been accused, etc...).

That isnt an issue with the mayor, its an issue with the union making sure that info is locked up tighter than Fort Knox.

Ask the democrat mayor. He is in charge...literally. I'm guessing he wont release anything because it shows the shooting was warranted.

Ask the democrat mayor. He is in charge...literally. I'm guessing he wont release anything because it shows the shooting was warranted.

Try reading for comprehension this time.....

I am not concerned with the video footage. It has nothing to do with the question I am asking. My question has nothing to do with the validity of the shooting. Again, it matters not to the question I want you to answer. So here again is the question you have missed twice now:

Why cant we get access to the work record of a police officer with the same ease as we can get the arrest record of a general citizen?

Try reading for comprehension this time.....

I am not concerned with the video footage. It has nothing to do with the question I am asking. My question has nothing to do with the validity of the shooting. Again, it matters not to the question I want you to answer. So here again is the question you have missed twice now:

Why cant we get access to the work record of a police officer with the same ease as we can get the arrest record of a general citizen?

Im running out of ways to answer you so that you understand that the mayor is in charge of what you are asking for. Why are you asking oyher people why the mayor isnt giving you what you want? Weird.

How could the shooting be warranted? Or are you simply a racist?

We have all seen on the news that another arrest went wrong. Why???

The reason for that is why something has to change. When people black or white are arrested THEY HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING THE POLICE.

Surrender, do what the police say, dont fight and talk later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Marshall Petain.

How could the shooting be warranted? Or are you simply a racist?

Im not the one encouraging black people to fight police and get killed. That would be your ilk. The purest form of racists I have ever seen. Also, you are voting foe
r Joe Biden right? Right. Hes the guy that eulogized a bona fide KKK exalted cyclops. Yeah buddy...there is a racist here and it isnt me. Tell us more about how you want blacks to fight police instead of obeying their orders. Im fascinated by actual racists.

Im running out of ways to answer you so that you understand that the mayor is in charge of what you are asking for. Why are you asking oyher people why the mayor isnt giving you what you want? Weird.

The mayor isnt why a cops work record isnt public record. The union is.

Im not the one encouraging black people to fight police and get killed. That would be your ilk. The purest form of racists I have ever seen. Also, you are voting foe
r Joe Biden right? Right. Hes the guy that eulogized a bona fide KKK exalted cyclops. Yeah buddy...there is a racist here and it isnt me. Tell us more about how you want blacks to fight police instead of obeying their orders. Im fascinated by actual racists.

This has nothing to do with my question. Quit your irrelevant Repug whining.

Explain to me how that shooting could have been warranted. In my opinion, the only plausible explanation for your outlandish statement is that you are indeed a racist. If that is what you are, then just admit it. I would actually have more respect for you for being honest for a change.

Explain to me how that shooting could have been warranted. In my opinion, the only plausible explanation for your outlandish statement is that you are indeed a racist. If that is what you are, then just admit it. I would actually have more respect for you for being honest for a change.
I already explained it about 5 times now. Not doing it again.

he still slowing getting into a car when hes shot in the back what the **** is your point?

1. Are trying to say slowly?
2. This was a violent person who was just combative, supposedly armed and resisting arrest.
Getting into a vehicle, regardless if it was "slowly" or not, is a situation that would allow and justify lethal force to stop the person.

This begs a good question.....

Why is it so easy for us to get Blakes history, but almost impossible for us to see the service record of the officer who shot him.
Thinking this is a good question is funny.
There is a difference between the two.
One is a public criminal record while the other one is not.

As people like you like to point out, most of these victims have sort of record. Ironically, when the dust settles, it usually comes out the the officers also had a history of excessive force charges against them too.
Usually? Charges? No. Allegations - sometimes.
And there should be no public record of unsupported or unsubstantiated allegations.

For the same reason you can't bring up a prior criminal offense in trial without valid reason.
It isn't relevant to the circumstances that present in the current situation.

Wow!
So, becasue you do not understand the danger inherent in the situation, or understand how the police may have been justified in their actions, the other person is a racist?
That is some sad deluded illogical nonsense you are spewing.

2. This was a violent person who was just combative, supposedly armed and resisting arrest.
Getting into a vehicle, regardless if it was "slowly" or not, is a situation that would allow and justify lethal force to stop the person.

Not according to the Supreme Court. According to them, it is illegal to shoot a fleeing suspect. Take it up with them.

Why are the actions and issues of an officer of the law not public record? Last time I checked, they were PUBLIC servants.

And there should be no public record of unsupported or unsubstantiated allegations.

We will use Derek Chauvin as an example. If it werent for the fact that he was being charged with murder, it would have never come out that he had been accused of excessive force 13 times and discipined for 4 of those incidents. My question is why were at least the 4 times he was disciplined not a matter of public record. I am in total agreement that unsubstantiated claims shouldn't be. Just like people had posted Blakes arrest record within hours of the incident, we should have been able to do the same with Chauvin, but couldn't because those records are not subject to public search.

For the same reason you can't bring up a prior criminal offense in trial without valid reason.

I'm sure the irony of your statement escapes you, since there are many people who are claiming that Blakes past record would have been some justification for viewing him differently than any other suspect.

Wow!
So, becasue you do not understand the danger inherent in the situation, or understand how the police may have been justified in their actions, the other person is a racist?
That is some sad deluded illogical nonsense you are spewing.[/QUOTE]

Not according to the Supreme Court. According to them, it is illegal to shoot a fleeing suspect. Take it up with them.
1. You assume without evidence that he was fleeing.
2. You just confirmed your ignorance of what they actually ruled in Tennessee v. Garner. Figures. You can use lethal force to stop some fleeing felons.

Why are the actions and issues of an officer of the law not public record?
Because of people like you who want to wrongly use the information.

We will use Derek Chauvin as an example. If it werent for the fact that he was being charged with murder, it would have never come out that he had been accused of excessive force 13 times and discipined for 4 of those incidents.
None of which are relevant to the specific issue in his case.

My question is why were at least the 4 times he was disciplined not a matter of public record.
Because of people like you who want to wrongly use them.

Just like people had posted Blakes arrest record within hours of the incident, we should have been able to do the same with Chauvin, but couldn't because those records are not subject to public search.
And again, not relevant.
Nor criminal.
You just want a cudgel.

I'm sure the irony of your statement escapes you, since there are many people who are claiming that Blakes past record would have been some justification for viewing him differently than any other suspect.
:lamo You imagining irony does not mean there is irony there.

Wow!
That is some sad deluded illogical nonsense you are spewing.

im afraid you might have a weapon and that you might use it on me is not a good justification for murder

wood be a fine excuse to kill cops apparently

im afraid you might have a weapon and that you might use it on me is not a good justification for murder

You are speaking nonsense.
Again; This was a violent person who was just combative, supposedly armed and resisting arrest.

wood be a fine excuse to kill cops apparently
What the **** are you on about here?

Police are acting in a legal law enforcement capacity.
If you think what you said of "fine excuse" is okay, then you have something wrong with the way you think.
I hope it doesn't bite you in the ass.

Again; This was a violent person who was just combative, supposedly armed and resisting arrest.

If you think what you said of "fine excuse" is okay, then you have something wrong with the way you think.

its not legal for me to kill someone walking away from me getting into a car because i thick they might have weapon some place and might use it on me

letting cops get away with murder is more than a bite in the ass

'''Justice will be served:''' AG won'''t say whether Jacob Blake was armed during police-involved shooting

Jacob Blake: What we know about Wisconsin police shooting - BBC News

Last edited:

its not legal for me to kill someone walking away from me getting into a car because i thick they might have weapon some place and might use it on me

You are spewing nonsense.

That is what the police were dealing with.
Not simply a good citizen gettign in his car on his merry way.

Stop with the stupid nonsense.
1. This isn't about you, but about the police and the incident they were involved in.
2. Your narrative is off becasue you are not including the totality of the circumstances whihc go the officer making the decision to use lethal force.

Really, stop with the nonsense. It was not murder.

You are spewing nonsense.

That is what the police were dealing with.
Not simply a good citizen gettign in his car on his merry way.

Stop with the stupid nonsense.
1. This isn't about you, but about the police and the incident they were involved in.
2. Your narrative is off becasue you are not including the totality of the circumstances whihc go the officer making the decision to use lethal force.

Really, stop with the nonsense. It was not murder.

m afraid you might have a weapon and that you might use it on me is not a good justification for murder

the police cant be allowed to murder people

it looks like it was murder

shooting someone in the back who has not threatened you or any one with a weapon is murder

imagining someone has a weapon and being afraid they will turn it on you and shooting them in the back is murder

making up that someone had a weapon and yelling at them to drop it so your microphone can pick that up is murder

m afraid you might have a weapon and that you might use it on me is not a good justification for murder

shooting someone in the back who has not threatened you or any one with a weapon is murder

imagining someone has a weapon and being afraid they will turn it on you and shooting them in the back is murder

making up that someone had a weapon and yelling at them to drop it so your microphone can pick that up is murder
I see you have failed to refute what was provided and thus establish that you are not interested in any real discussion and instead just choose to just spew deluded nonsense.
Good luck with that.

I see you have failed to refute what was provided and thus establish that you are not interested in any real discussion and instead just choose to just spew deluded nonsense.
Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom